[GI] Spectral Lancer/ Scatter Laser - info

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by xFallenAngeL, Oct 21, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greetings,

I have recently started playing the game, and I have got some questions. These new lasers: "Spectral Lancer" and "Scatter Laser" seem to be awesome. But, there are some things I do not understand.
    • Why does "Scatter Laser I" cost 2.500.000 credits? It only gives 5 more damage then LF-2. Is there something I am missing? How much will this laser stay for in the game? Or, it is permanent in shop?
    • "Spectral Lancer I" and "Spectral Lancer II" seem to be very good for new players. The second edition of the laser does 5 less damage then LF-3 on NPC's, which is very useful (at least, according to me). How much will these lasers stay for in the game? Will they be permanent in shop?
    In addition to the above question, what will you advise me to do? Which lasers should I buy from start? With the lags on Global Europe 1 I can't play a lot, it is really unplayable, so I need your opinions before jumping in and buying stuff. There are much lasers in the shop right now, and they are messing with my head. :)

Any advise will be much appreciated.

PS. Sorry if this post is double posting. I have been looking around, but didn't found answers on my question, so I decided to post this. :)

Regards,
    xFallenAngeL

2. Really it should be a no brainer. Lancer 2 is only 300k credits. Load up on them and blast away. I use all three, LF2, Lancer and Scatter. I am happy with the three of them as credit lasers but for the most bang for the credit, the Lancer is the way to go.

Scatter Lasers came out before the Lancer. I am really thinking they glitched it bad with the Lancer pricing but meh. They missed a 0, I am not complaining... :p

3. @PSK~SUNDANCE Thanks for your reply. :) Do you know if these lasers will stay forever in the shop, or they are there just because of the current event?

4. I think they are permanent. The Scatter lasers have been out for over a month now. The idea of them was to give new players something with more power to bridge the gap between towards what the FE and UFE players are using. There are more in assembly that get you closer to LF4 power. Be mindful that these are really set up for PVE play and not PVP. The Lancer is strong on NPC but weaker on PVP, as opposed to LF lasers that shoot the same against both.

5. I guess that if I buy these new lasers for PvE, I will still have to work first for LF-3, and then for LF-4? :)

6. I would advise to get Lance III for PVE if possible, then straight to LF4's

7. Remember that LF4 are gotten by missions, boxes or gates, so you don't have to get LF3 if you don't want. Also, the Lance 3, while great, are assembly items that can take a while to get all of if you don't have all the parts.

8. Spectral Lancer Lasers are bugged.
    I tested SLL-2 damage on drone, ships, and on pet and here are the results:

SLL-02
    Equipped on Ship Only
    Equipped on Drones Only
    Equipped on PET
    Equipped on Ship and Drones
    Damage to NPC​
    145​
    90​
    90​
    145(ship) + 90 (Drones)​
    Damage to Players​
    90​
    90​
    90​
    90(ship) + 90 (Drones)​

This means that SLL-02 (or all SLLs maybe) deals 90 dmg only to NPC when equipped to PET or in Drones. SLL-02 equipped on ships are working fine.

9. Thanks a lot. Will see how it goes, first I am trying to equip my ship with full credit equipment, and then will decide what do I do next. I am not really sure if it will be worth it to go for LF-3.

What I am afraid of is that it will take me too much time until I am finally able to do PvP missions, if I decide to skip the LF-3 part. :)

Thank you for the analysis! I don't mind too much if the SLL-02 is bugged right now, I know that it will be solved soon. :)

10. Uncas23

Uncas23 User

Is it true for spectral laser 3?

11. got no SLL 3 to test it out sorry but some says its bugged too

12. Kante.

Kante. User

I put 7 spectral lancers 3 to drones and did les damage to NPC then with LF 3.

13. If that's the case, then maybe all Spectral lancer lasers have the same bug.

14. Moe

Moe User

Apparently so, put spectral lancer III's on ship and the damage was reduced by about 1,000 per hit from LF 3's

15. Hmm I didn't have Spectral Lancer 3 to test but if that's the case, that is another problem.

16. Islingr

Islingr User

Does anyone know if Spectral lasers do the same damage to pirates as they do to aliens, or do they just do the same amount of damage as they do in PvP?

17. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

Pirates are NPC's so in theory Spectral lasers should deal the same damage they would do on a normal NPC.

Islingr likes this.