Going solo

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ~~Arch^Angel~~, Dec 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I was just wondering, who else besides me trying to solo the game? By that I mean no clan and buying minimal uridium.

2. Well, not me. Have fun getting anywhere like that. If you don't make friends, it's really hard to do anything.

3. I never said don't make friends. I said you couldn't use a clan to get help. groups on the other hand, are very useful and I use all the time.

4. I'm a solo player at GA4, many player ask me why. And I answer them I hate them to spam me in chat like a dog LOL. I have a clan too,but only me in my clan. Solo cubikon to earn more uridium, 1024 huhuhoho..:p

5. Exactly what I am saying. I was in my own clan, by myself, just to check out the CBS. Chat also does get annoying from time to time. As for soloing cubes... I uh.. can't do that yet :p I just stick to bks. Lol

6. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I've been a free player since 2010, I was in a clan for a while although I've always preferred to fly solo and I've been solo again for about 6 months. I can't be bothered with all the politics of clan wars. I'd rather be fighting enemy companies than my own company.

The only benefit I saw with being in a clan, was not being asked every 5 minutes if I wanted to join a clan.
    :D
    I'm doing quite well considering I only rarely play since, all but giving up back in 2010. I hit about 11k x1 and I'm still TU ranked 185.

~~Arch^Angel~~ likes this.
  7. I been playing solo in a clan for a long time now, with 1 or 2 members pop in from time to time mostly to chat. its difficult playing alone but unless you have the respect and friends of the company, you will do just fine.

8. It does get annoying how people ask you to join their clan. :)

9. hehe.. try to solo all the time, I solo in 1 year and now i'm 30 lf4(20 lvl16 cry me). Good luck and get your butt buttt shoot out :p

I'm hit 18k with double booster :)

Last edited by moderator: Dec 10, 2013
    ~~Arch^Angel~~ likes this.
  10. I have played the game solo for the better part of the 5 years I have been here with minimal amounts of money spent,no where close to being UFE but can hold my own in some fights.The main reason for being solo was I play the game to have fun and not be drawn into drama that clans always seem to have.I have been in a total of 4 clans since May 2009 and within the last year have been part of a clan of mature players with lives beside Dark Orbit that also play for fun.But out of the 32 members 20 havent logged on in a year and have only 2 active players but all they do is bash gates so I hardly see them so its like being solo again :cool:.

11. Naa i don't often buy uridium i just buy prem and rebate. However its always fun to be in a clan rather than be alone because you have people along side you as well which is great fun.

12. veritas

veritas User

I'm a solo. I've bought small amounts of uri ages ago, but now I just carry premium. I just want to play when and where I want to play. I don't think it's that hard, but it depends on your makeup/gameplay. If you're more of a pack animal, you won't be happy. But there's always groups; it's a nice "middle ground" option without the long-term commitment. I do that when it suits me.

13. Friends and/or a solid clan are almost a necessity to advance further from FE status. By playing alone it just hampers progressing. Of course palladium is an option, but collecting that will require you to be in the "dominating" Company, or a peaceful server..

14. None of you are playing "solo" if you have friends or do groups. And buying uridium as you said you do minimally is cheating. Thus, you are not "soloing" the game, neither are you a free player...I'm not sure what category you fall into. I know I wouldn't be anywhere without my clan leaders helping me so much in the noob stage.

15. Because I am not in a clan or a group at this very moment I am technically going solo. And I am a free player because I have never spent money on the game, my brother has for my birthday.

16. I fit the bill all i get is rebate for last 16weeks and prem every time it runs out only paid for uri twice in 8 months and thats 1.59 each and almost ufe

17. Close enough. ;)

18. I've been a lone wolf pretty much for most of the almost five years I've been playing. Five accounts across four servers and apart from topping up the Hellstorms and RSB as well as Premium on all, I don't spend all that much. Basically i'm a hunter, all accounts are on the 1000 goli quests and it suits me down to the ground. No aggravation from other players, i do what i want, when i want ....... great.
    We're all different arch, so you keep going as long as you're having fun.
    MajorLukeDinnit on GB1 & US West
    30771608 & 34525914

veritas and ~~Arch^Angel~~ like this.
  19. -Severian-

-Severian- User

I'm a single member clan since starting about a yr an a half ago. I'm content chugging along .. up till now .. lost 10,000 in shield strength PERMANENTLY for no obvious reason. Yes, I keep track. I do because I upgrade at 75% every time but was averaging much less than 75% in success, so I started logging it.

20. You said there buying uridium, and that is what had me confused. Thanks for the clarification, and good luck on your quest of loneliness.:rolleyes: