Golden Era

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by TheRealSic, Jan 6, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. TheRealSic

TheRealSic User

While I'm glad Dark Orbit is still around, sure do miss the golden age. Coming back after so long, its def been a trip. Games often are a escape from reality, reality is.. Most I know are dead and or quit. Guess I didn't realize many was 30 to 70 years old back then, being a private person, I didn't keep outside contact, I just assumed, people would still be around. You know what they say about assuming. Been back a week and keep finding out more ppl I know, passed. Geez. D.O. could still be the best PvP space game if work was put in, It's definitely a New Age in D.O.
    As the young cats took over & bots. Doesn't seem to be working since things seem downhill. If it isn't broke don't fix it. While this time I'll stick around more, I'm bringing some Old School ways back. T.S. .. NFG (clan ) since cofounder I can do that, was cool to see the name stick around and others still admire it. EIC bout to see some changes. Those around the time from 2009-14 from all the alliance clans if they still play - invite, add, talk. RIP Jjdragon, aliensmasher, cpt cooter, Evil darkest and so many others. Gone but not forgotten. See a lot of imitators but one of the OG's is back. Let's play like we use to, before everything goes downhill or others hang the spaceship up, or fly in the cosmos... Let me work on my build n we can see what's popping, most likely you! Long live, Dark Orbit, NFG, EIC.

2. Larrakin

Larrakin User

It is that
    It still is a great PVP game but the pvp is now 8+ vs 1 unless you also run a train, which usually means they will just bring more trains so they still outnumber you.
    Watched a "fight" involving about 30 ships (4 actual players) last night - 3 trains (from one group) vs 1 train.
    Nice, just be sure your train is bigger and stronger than those you wish to fight
    Good luck. I mean yes there is still plenty of ships to shoot but most of them are machine controlled so more like shooting npc's than anything else.

Welcome back...

TheRealSic likes this.
  3. Karma1

Karma1 User

Old school I certainly am. Started out in LNF (way back when) and then went to TAG before quitting. Came back and found out I was way behind. lol The name is AngelQue. Would really love to see things more like they use to be. Message me if you would like.

TheRealSic likes this.
  4. TheRealSic

TheRealSic User

ya profile on forum is private, send me a add. if yr on discord? let me know

Did you play back in 2009-12? or did u have to start a new ship?

Last edited by moderator: Jan 8, 2023
  5. Larrakin

Larrakin User

I started in 2011 till 2014/15 and yes this is a new account.

TheRealSic likes this.
  6. TheRealSic

TheRealSic User

Correction 2008 original start year an lost my 1st 2 ships an then they had updates etc took down the bavkpage n could no longer log into my acc

Larrakin likes this.
  7. Karma1

Karma1 User

Yes I have Discord. AngelQue#7568

TheRealSic likes this.