[SC] Got Banned in Discord Server for showing the BigPoint Terms and Conditions

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by THΣ-»亗«-ΟΝΣ-»亗«-[BG], May 26, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Now this is very interesting, I got banned in discord for giving the link to BigPoint Terms and Conditions...

This is outrageous. How can they ban me for talking about the game's terms and conditions.

https://legal.bigpoint.com/US/terms-and-conditions/en

Who is monitoring the DarkOrbit Discord Server's admins. They are doing whatever they want.

Can something be done about this?

it turns out they just kicked me from the server and I managed to ask why I got kicked out, they said it's because of "spam". I didn't spam with multiple messages, I just posted the link to the terms and conditions + a paragraph from the warranties that explains that bigpoint makes no promises on the sites being reliable.

and I quote:

14 WARRANTIES

The Site and the content are provided on an “as is” basis. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BIGPOINT, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Bigpoint makes no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, completeness or suitability of the Site. Bigpoint cannot and does not warrant against human and machine errors, omissions, delays, interruptions or losses, including loss of data. Bigpoint cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from this Site will be free of defects or of infection by viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Bigpoint cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that any content you post on the Site will remain on the Site. Bigpoint does not warrant or guarantee that the functions or services performed on the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Site will be corrected.

I don't think this behavior is appropriate.

Last edited by moderator: May 26, 2021
  2. Oddessey

Oddessey Team Leader Team Darkorbit

If you have a question about a Discord ban, please write to us in the Chat section of forums or contact support. Please be sure to include your Discord name and ID# when you inquire.

Closing a referred to the proper area for this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.