Group Finder

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cooljak96, Feb 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Hello,

How about instead of clicking the ping button on the group menu, the dot is shown at all times? The ping button would still be needed, so that if there were more than 1 person in your group, you can locate the right dot.

Thoughts?

2. I like that. We could have a nice purple or even green dot always showing on our minimap.

3. So group dots are shown as what color on the minimap? Blue is normal company members, green is friendly clans, yellow is the NAP...perhaps purple?

The ping button is needed for showing things on the minimap such as a ubk in 4-5. For the group members, it would be nice if you could see their distinctive dots across the map.

4. VESPID

VESPID User

No!!! Just No!!!
    The current group design is just fine as it is.

5. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Explain please.

6. VESPID

VESPID User

It causes no lag as is.
    It causes no issues involving the D.O. development team to fail as frequently as you guys seem to believe.
    It causes no confusion to the ones that have no problems with the current system.
    It won't drive people to leave the game which most of you guys believe to always be the case with new developments.

7. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

It is a dot that shows location, not something on the screen, therefore causing no lag.
    Just because the D.O development and coding team messes up some times, doesn't mean we stop giving ideas.
    No, but it makes it easier and less of a hassle of constantly clicking the follow/ ping button.
    You're right, it won't drive people to leave the game? I don't know what your point there was but ok.

8. VESPID

VESPID User

So the idea of people leaving the game because ideas in forum and the dev and coding team frailties are no reasons to down threads are understood by you.

Good.

9. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Please tell me exactly why people would leave the game because of being able to see a dot on the mini map.

10. VESPID

VESPID User

There is no need.
    According to your response to that post, you should already know.

11. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Um, no. Maybe you should learn to grow up a little. Maybe instead of making useless comments that you can't even back up, you should just state your opinion and leave.

Unstoppable likes this.
  12. Full_force

Full_force User

Purple would be hard to see on a dark background.

How about a green box around them?

And cooljak96 would this be all over the map like i thank i understand or just normal?

13. VESPID

VESPID User

Hmmmm....I expected understanding, I should have known better.
    Ok, according to what has been suggested in many posts wide spread lag, glitches and unforeseen complications even to little dots on mini maps for example would drive many players from the game in droves of tens of thousands.

I am certain you were present for several of those posts and considering you assisted in the promotion of that notion I don't understand why you are feigning ignorance to the fact.

14. Full_force

Full_force User

Ok vespid once again you are confused. You are confusing your ideas with a helpful idea. This idea is about group dots on the mini map not about a helping bots or credit ships getting some massive boost. Again this idea is about group dots on the mini map.

The idea:
    Hello,

How about instead of clicking the ping button on the group menu, the dot is shown at all times? The ping button would still be needed, so that if there were more than 1 person in your group, you can locate the right dot.

Thoughts?

Please stay on topic.

15. VESPID

VESPID User

I am so glad the bot issue was raised, wouldn't something like this also assist a bot or group of bot users to better coordinate attacks???

16. I wouldn't mind knowing where my outfit members are on a map. Pings don't do me much good as I have my PET set to locate aliens so it's usually pinging away. Multiple pings makes for some confusion at times, this idea would alleviate that..

Um no. Bot users aren't playing the game, their program does it for them so they wouldn't need this help them in any way. The only people this would help would be real live players playing the game.

plaku likes this.
  17. You're an idiot plain and simple. This is asking for a new color of dot on the minimap so we can tell our outfit members apart from npcs or whatever else. It certainly would be useful to be able to tell right off the bat who is in your group. +1

This doesn't assist bots in any way smart one.

18. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Once again VESPID, I don't feel like you actually know what you are talking about. You are just making things up so you can get back at me for not liking your idea.

You have come up with a bunch of reasons why this idea will not work, most of them being lag and bots (for whatever reason).

Lag: Lag is only affected by moving objects on the screen. This concept would work the same way as a PET icon looks on the screen, just smaller. Are you trying to say that the mini map icon for the PET causes lag?

Bots: The number of botting users has decreased significantly over the past couple of months, mostly due to D.O's botting script. I fail to see how this idea (which only affects people in groups) will help botting users at all.

19. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

Are you suggesting that group members are shown on the mini maps at all times no matter if they are out of range or not? If so then I like the idea and agree, I think dots should remain, as they are though.

20. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Correct. So lets say you and a bunch of other people are hunting. You branch off from the group to check the other ports. Instead of having to ping the location of people, or follow them, you can just look at the mini map and see where everyone is. This is a lot better than the current version, in which you could have 4 people all over the map, and you want to fly to the closest one.

TheTaser(V) and BOSS~ADAM like this.