Group Finder

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cooljak96, Feb 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. This is why VESPID should stay out of threads. ;_;

I like the green box around them Sort of like the dangerous enemy on the Home Map.

I was thinking more of a vibrant magenta sort of thing. (I'm not trying to pull the female "sunburned dandelion, not yellow" thing hahaha)

Blah likes this.
  2. To be honest, I don`t like the idea.

To me it would be chaotic as I am easily distracted and with years of aping being a distress signal seeing them all the time would just overwhelm me.

Sorry but its a no from me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  3. I don't think you understand what the topic is really bringing up here. What you normally see, being close to a group member, on the minimap is a little dot, color corresponding to theeir status.

Now, what cooljak96 is proposing is that once you leave the vicinity from where that marker was, the marker that corresponds with your group member is always visible compared to it disappearing after you get a certain distance away normally.

There is no constant ping, it's just that the dot representing the group member is always visible on the minimap instead of disappearing after the player gets too far.

4. plaku

plaku User

I like the idea to be honest because very often when i hunt with a mate i dont know where he is , i have to go to grup window and follow him , and by the time im there he already moves somewhere else . so its a pain.
    If you dont like it i propose something else too an on and off switch so people who dont like it can switch it off and u will have the same situation as now. for the rest i think would be great.

5. plaku

plaku User

Oh and i forgot its about time Vespid can say No to some1 lool. although he is proposing counltess of stupid ideas which will make the game really bad , he doesnt like a minor improvement ,commenting that will bring lag and drive people away lmao.
    Vespid how this will drive people away its just a minor thing to improve the game quality

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  6. VESPID is just stretching things out to get his post count up -_-

Btw, I do like the lil dot on the MM :)

7. Aha. I just got clarification that the dots will be across the minimap. That sounds like a good idea and would make it much easier to follow your outfit buddies around.

8. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Since Unstoppable has said that he is easily distracted (and no doubt he isn't the only one), how about if there is a button on the Group menu that allows you to turn it on and off.

Unstoppable likes this.
  9. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

That would be sufficient and would work for everyone.

10. plaku

plaku User

Thats what i said on my previous post if u read it , whoever is distracted we can suggest and on and off switch , and the situation is back to normal

11. If there was a way to turn it on and off then I wouldn't mind it. Because it seems like it come come in very useful at times, but a constant ping...:eek:

12. plaku

plaku User

Unstoppable it seems u missunderstood it , its not a constant ping ,its just a dot, its the same thing as if u had lock ,but instead of one u will see all group members.

cooljak96 likes this.
  13. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Plaku is correct. It is not a ping that happens every second. It is just a constant dot that goes on the mini map that shows where the people are.

Unstoppable likes this.
  14. Oh ok, sorry I misunderstood the idea at hand.

It it is a constant dot of a different color other then green, yellow, red or blue then I like the idea.

But it could also be hard to track the right player in your outfit.

15. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

That is why the ping button would still be necessary. You can quickly fly to your members, or you can ping to them and find the exact one you need.

16. Bring it on BP. Let's see some polka dots!

17. Full_force

Full_force User

Settings menu would be make more sense.

Unstoppable and cooljak96 like this.
  18. I like the idea, everyone in your outfit becomes a permanent purple dot on the mini map, and you can still pin to find out which one is which. Seems easy and not like it would create a ton of lag as I have a lot of people randomly lock me and fly away.

19. VESPID

VESPID User

I may have been hasty in my need for payback, this isn't such a bad idea.
    If it is possible to implement this idea with a lack of glitches then perhaps the need for this idea should be addressed by D.O.

20. Blah

Blah User

what glitches?...
    Good idea +1 from me