Havoc or Hercules

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by †→Zєηη←†, Feb 11, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Which ones are better considering all situations, Havoc or Hercules.

some info about the player: LF4 and Shields everything lv16
    Double boosters plus the multi-booster from the GG Kappa.
    (this means: 25%DMG+10%(Havoc) n you know the rest, or 55% shields + 15%(Herucles + 20% Hitpoints)

Post your situation and why you consider is better than the other design.
    &​
    How many GGs did you have to complete in order to have the 10 designs.

Thanks and take it easy while answering.

2. kappa is more fun, one adds more survivability, one adds more damage. id say go for kappa

3. Zeta it took me 34 to get full havoc and kappa I have done 50 and got 7.. So I would say zetas first. Plus you get a nice damage boost.

4. I'd say Kappa, for hercules...Havocs only do much if you have alot of LF4 otherwise, you'd get much of a boost. :)

5. hercules is better
    full havoc on a fe ship is not much it just 1-2k increse in dmg

6. I'm full havoc and I am constantly popping players with full Herc....

7. -vendius-

-vendius- User

Both are nice to have but I would say go for Havoc first as you get those lovely booty keys and good portion of log disks which will help the FE player more in the long run verses the kappa gate. If you where to see the stat difference between the gates you will find that the rewards are much better with zeta. I am currently working on zeta only till I get full havocs then switching to zappa for the hercs and possible lf4's. You will also find that most FE players are farming aliens vs players for the exp and credits. So that extra damage boost will come handy for quicker kills and helping your team.

Thanks!

hellseeker685 likes this.
  8. 24 zetas 10 havoks...They are nice but I'm dying to get hercs ( I'm at 3 hercs from 7 kappas now ) , the reason for me is I have Saturn design and heart formation...so with that , I want the extra HP from hercs as well ...but thats just me.

If you are gonna run a suicide config and hunt, well havoks of course, maybe with a set of hercs and shield on your second config ;)

Hows your Pilot bio?? Is it 41 or higher?

If you still need pilot points zetas will help you as they pay 50 log disks as well as chance for havok... also 25 booty keys

Last thought: You get a boost for you first herc, but you need the whole set to get anything from havoks.

IF your UFE already, go hercs I think , but since I only have full Havoks, I cant really say anyways lolz :D

EDIT : Vendius , I just read what you said above, you filled in the spots I glazed over lol. Good Points, I agree

9. plaku

plaku User

U need to do some calculation to understand it fully .
    First if you are not full lf4 and upgraded drones better go for hercules then havocs.
    Second u need to understand what is the overall damage boost u get from havocs.
    let me tell u : its 10% in drones and overall ship its aroudn 6.5% damage boost u having. so not that much if u dont have all lf4. ( lets say u shoot full power 70 k damage with that 70* 6% = to 4.5 k) so you are shooting around 75 k damage which is kinda the max on x4 for a goli. well this is not very much but lets assume the fight lasts around 15 sec in battle configuration (without emp and insta) 15 sec * 4.5k damage u will make around 70 k more damage to a ship compared to a hercules.
    lets not forget something this is on battle configuration where u have full lf4.
    If u are on speed u have half lf4 equiped (= to 55 k damage more or less).
    So u will have around 3% damage boost in the whole ship and thats not much. So with 5 more seconds of fight on speed configuration we will have: 55k*0.03 =1.7k around 57k damage lets say.
    1.7 *5 = 9 k hp
    So in total u will have around 9+70=79 k hp (this is the extra damage you are causing to the enemy s ship hp)
    On hercules on the other hand lets say u are on heart formation and double hp boost we will have just from the boost hp itself
    A normal ship will have 440 k hp *20% hp = 530k hp so around
    530-440 =90 k hp more
    On battle config we dont have more shields so 0 k on extra boost for shields
    Nn Speed config u might have half slots with shields which adds around 320 k shield so we have 320*15% =50k more shields probably even more if all is upgraded i think.

So in total for hercules we have 90 k hp + 50k shields then the other ship
    on Havoc we have 79 k hp more then the other ship.
    Clearly on hercules we have more hp / shield advantage where as havocs falls behind.
    From my experience this is how much a fight would last more or less if both players shoot with no interruption.
    If the fight lasts longer ,then havoc ship takes advantages ,because u are addressing more extra damage then the other ship while the other ship extra Hp and shields are already consumed in the beginning.

So finally u have to be very clear what u want to achieve and the time you are fighting.
    If the hercules dont use all the extra (boosted hp and heart formation) its not stronger then havocs. If you are using RSB its better to have havocs too.
    if the fight lasts for more then 20-25 seconds , Hercules will loose.

For this calculation I assumed all shots dont miss and u are shooting a volley each sedond +no rsb or emp used. And both ships have same upgrades and boosters

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. -vendius-

-vendius- User

So in other words it depends on your style of play, what type of design you prefer and which gate you think would benefit you the most including rewards. Just remember that you can get both designs its just a matter of which one to go for first. That my friend is something you will need to figure out yourself to suit your gameplay. Numbers are just numbers but when it comes to combat style everyone is different. So I wouldn't question which is a better design, I would question which fits you the best.

Peace!

11. I was looking for something like this thank you^^.
    The part where u say that if the battle last longer the hercs lose.
    Well I have all lf4s upgraded (32) all BO2s upgraded to lv 16 and 36 points on my bio.
    I have fought against full havoc and they are ufe too and i have end up winning most of the battles if not i would lose just by less than 100 k hp.
    So since I have all the upgrades, should i go for hercules? I have 6 already and i probably will collect at least 500k uri this week and maybe ill get 1 or 2 from that plus the galaxy gates. and havocs I only have 3 i havent had that much luck with those and I continued with hercules because i did 7 and out of those 5 were hercs and one lf4 and multi-booster. then i tried like 5 and nothing and yesterday i got my sixth hercules.

12. plaku

plaku User

I would say in normal fights like i said hercules should win, and if the fights lasts long or not thats not always up to you but up to the opponent defensive system, if he has more shields or repairs during a fight , but there is a slim chance for that happening.
    One more thing hercules strength is when has all hp and shield boosters
    while havoc is when it has damage boosters and sep on laser .
    for example if 2 ships are fighting having both prom on laser (havoc vs hercules) and all the rest is equal obviously hercules will win.
    I say this because each one has to decide for example if u have upgraded more shields then lf4 then u have to go for hercules , if the oposite happened then u go for havocs.

One more thing if you put the RSB into equation havocs gets the upper hand, in 20-25 seconds fight u will be shooting around 10 volleys of rsb according to the calculation the added damage for havoc will be around 50-60 k more damage on the enemy ship.
    so 79+60 =140 k hp in total for havoc
    while we had 90 k hp + 50 k shields for hercules which is almost the same as havoc around 130 k hp ( 50 k shields is translated in to hp) a lil bit less.
    So this is idea the stronger u shoot the better is to use havoc if u are ufe but u dont have a lot of rsb better stick with hercules and the vice versa.

Finally you have to be choose the right drone formation because all i have said so far its if both ships use same formations but if you choose different drone formations the situations changes again.