[TI] How about a Linux client also?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SoloMaster, Nov 1, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloMaster

SoloMaster User

How about a Linux client also? The link just loops back to the main page........

2. This is not a technical issue. The information states that it is for a windows operating system. You can always try to get an emulator to try it for Linux or do without.

3. SoloMaster

SoloMaster User

I would guess that you are a Windows user? There is a dedicated page for a Linux Client that just loops back to the main page, so I would "guess" that there will be a linux client at some time. I just would like a clarification. I have read the requirements & run the client in Windows---it just looks like a special implementation of Chrome---so "should" be available to both Mac & Linux users....I prefer to NOT use Windows unless I really need to...it is not my computing preference.

bisphenol and -DefaultPlayer- like this.
  4. There is no "should" if they did not announce it. When they do have one, I am sure they will announce its availability, however. Since they did not announce the windows version until it was actually available for download, I would not get you hopes up for a Linux or Mac version until they say its there. But you said there is a dedicated page for one. Where is it?

5. SoloMaster

SoloMaster User

Well--it could be a detect from the browser substituting "Linux" in place of "Windows" when I look further at it. In any case, it looks like the "client" is just a custom chrome build...it uses pepperflash for the flash player. So--should, would or could are all subjective --- I pay cash just like you do, so if they want mine---

The page is- https://us2.darkorbit.com/indexInternal.es?action=download So they are just substituting text in the "normal" download page.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  6. That link likely won't show it to me. Also I don't pay, I just play. At any rate, best of luck to you.

7. It shows a Linux download for us linux users, but it just loop us back to main page, i guess you as a windows user can`t see it. Aaaanyways it was fun when we could play it too.
    SO LONG DARKORBIT!!!

8. SoloMaster

SoloMaster User

Well, I will miss DO---I played it for many years & will NOT "install" any "windows emulators" just to play it...so, most likely, So Long & thanks for the hours I did play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.