How to Fill Up Galaxy Gates Best!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by APOLLO[SKE★], Dec 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. armandark

armandark User

Um actually, I think you haven't noticed it but for some reason, EVERYONES chance of getting a gate part has reduced.... i'm not a frequent builder of gates but a friend of mine of who I think many know actually does about a gate a day (maybe 2 when free). So basically with what information I got, all the chances of getting gate parts have reduced. Though the 1gg spins thing still stands as everyone I know of has said that doing 100 gg spins is stupid and 1gg is not. I found this out when I used 64gg spins and got 9 parts of zeta, compared to my normal 100 spins 7 zeta parts.

2. i just built a kappa with ~1900 spins

3. My last kappa gate was similar spinning out uri and not palladium for a change, around 200k or so urid.. I have built kappa gate with less spins which I got with palladium too.

4. Blah

Blah User

-_- wow u guys so lucky took me 5k spins to build kappa and 2k of it were for the last 20 pieces -_- I felt really bad using all those spins but the kappa gave me an lf4 so ill live with it.

5. Omega

Omega User

and eg4 and west server and eg7 it works I've been doing this for a long time..

6. Blah

Blah User

yea you don't get nano. The admin/mod person said that.

7. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Actually I would say:-
    The first spin being 100 spins would be fine. the only reason using 100 spin gives a disadvantage over all is when you have less than 6 part to get then you are wasting multipliers. ( that is assuming that gate spins yield and multiplier yield are set at the 13% quoted.

Comparing 2 events like you have will not give you enough data to make a conclusion.

I log thousands of spin results by simply counting the number of new and duplicate part I get in every 100 spins and how often I get a gate part hit using a multiplier.

When I compare the deviation from normal;
    more specifically on the lower side of
    (lets say:rolleyes:) luck, with the repeatability of laser shots, gates do not fit what I would expect of a normal distribution, centred on 13%.

I have data that I published in the old forum tabulating all spin result that remarkable fitted the % for each item increasable accurately on 2 separate occasions, back in 2009.

Noting , the reason for me investigating gate spins was because my first Alpha gate back in early 2009, took me about 95K uri to get the last 2 parts and I had almost completed my second beta before completing my first alpha. Noting that back then the code break down of A,B,Y gate would typically return 4 Alpha's 2 Beta's per Gamma.

The code for A,B,Y gates has changed within the last 2-3 years it seems to have affect the distribution of which A,B,Y gates we get.
    In my cynical view it is to do with the kronos gate
    ;):rolleyes: the requirements for getting a kronos gate was based on the old, 4 Alpha, 2 beta 1 gamma, now you will need to spend far more to get the 4 Alphas.:eek::eek::rolleyes:

8. Omega

Omega User

pacman .. an admin said .idk if its right.. that its 13% chance for each spin .. which is weird

9. My xeno chance is 14% on average and my gate parts 12%. The only thing I hate about building gates is the last 2k energy you always need for the few gate parts. That should be fixed. Gates take so long to build plus they troll you on the rewards. BP can't figure out why it lost so many people.

10. I also agree with the single spin method . My question or issue is , when I first started playing, I was taught to wait for x6 on multiplier, for max gains . Are you saying this is not true? Because I can't count the number times when I won six gate parts because I let it come up to X6 multiplier .

11. jackknife

jackknife User

If u flip a coin 100 times and each time it comes heads up 100 times,the hundredth and one time is still 50-50 % of getting a head or tail. Sorry i don't know about the last parts of a gate, but if it's 13%, u still have 13% chance of getting the part. good luck i have not yet even made a gate!

12. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

If you flipped a coin 100 times and managed to return 100 heads, I would suggest that it was not random, and is almost certainly a 2 headed coin, or an incredibly skilled coin flipper (unlikely).

Statistically it would be 1 in 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376.
    when you consider the odds of winning the UK lottery (6/49) are 1 in 13,983,816.
    So if you flipped a coin and got heads 100 time and you did not change anything for the 101st flip, then the chance of returning a tails would not be 50%.

Let use know if you ever manage to flip heads 100 times in a row, or statistically achieve 13% or better when you have enough spins result to be statistically significant.:p;)

13. I always spin one at a time but I do wait for the multiplier to reach x6 . I have received many six gate part wins that way and I prefer to get x6 multiples of any other item , especially ammo.

14. El_Burro

El_Burro User

You always read the same kind of statements on this topic.
    Most of them try to relate the variance in the number of turns with something deterministic like "Uridium versus extra energy" or "Always wearing the same pair of socks while operating the Generator".
    Forget about all of that. There is a wide range for the outcome (number of turns to complete the gate) and nothing you can do about it. Except for using the best strategy for multipliers.

Since this came from a mod I have to comment on it
    The chances for getting nano hull can not be "removed". The sum of probabilities for all possible outcomes has to be 100%.
    "Removing" the possibility for nano hull and rescaling the other possibilities would be possible, but exactly the same as re-rolling every time nano hull would be produced.
    But still, I highly doubt that the odds for nano hull are distributed evenly among the other outcomes, including the gate parts. Increasing the probability for gate parts only slightly will result in a huge difference in costs, at least Alpha, Beta and Gamma Gates. Already with 15% probability for gate parts you can gain Uridium just by playing gates. No offense, but I dont believe that BP wants that.
    So it is way more probable that the nano hull probability is simply added to the ammunition.

STARLIGHTHUSTLE You might consider this thread.
    You will see that is in fact the worst strategy to use x6 multipliers.
    http://de.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/bo...ally-a-real-world-application-for-math.61129/

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Seraphim, ĐяJuiceя~ and Omega like this.
  15. SauronL

SauronL User

looks interesting , i will try to build some gate if it will work or not :D

16. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Hi El_Burro, I have to say Okapi32 actually proved me wrong ( for once ) on this one.
    You can remove the chance of getting a nano hull boost from the materialiser by filling you nano hull.
    So as an option you can have a hangar with a ship with full nano and log into that when spinning materialiser energy. This will remove the chance of returning any Nano boost from a spin.

However =SERAPH= is slightly incorrect as using the materialiser at its most efficient is also a factor that can affect the odds of receiving a gate part, but only indirectly, as always using x2 is more likely to return more gate parts than always using x6
    ( assuming that there is no server side manipulation that improves the odds of hitting gate parts using x6 not that I am suggesting this, but using this as an example, to show how server side code can manipulate gate part yield. )
    The interesting point you make here is "for all possible outcomes has to be 100%." So the server side code must determine that a ship has 100% nano and then returns a result other than what would have been random.

I.E. chooses a predetermined alternative, or a new random item with a repeat nano boost further increasing the discrepancy in the original probability.

The thing with using 100 spins or 1 at a time is all about the chance of hitting a gate part with the use of an x-X multiplier(where X is the 2-6)

You are less likely to get a duplicate part in the first 100 spins, conversely your are less likely to hit the last part/s in the last 100 spins. so using 100 spins early on is much less likely to return more than x2 multipliers. When the gate is almost full using x6 is much less efficient that using x2.

Last edited by moderator: May 27, 2014
  17. -Goran-

-Goran- User

Naa, the multiple spin is broken, I spin 5 and get 3-4 ammo or repairs etc for the cost of 5.

18. This is really helpful, although (for example, Zeta Gate) I usually wait until I get 25 -30% of the parts before I do 1 spin at a time, since the chance of hitting multipliers are relatively low when you first start.

19. 1 spin, check.. 2 spin check.. 2 hours later, grabbing another Pen.. spin 4, 321, check, spin 4,322 check..

a voice from the other side of the House.. "Honey have you seen my Special Stationary ?"
    Hides the " Special Stationary" .. Now Where was I.. ?? ohh Man.. so much for the Gate Data..

spin 1, one finger, spin 2 2 fingers..

3 mins later.. socks n shoes throw around the room.. and a Voice within the Room..
    " Your NOT Spinning those Galaxy Gates, again .. are you ? Pick up this room!", ohh and Where is my Special Stationary.. I want to Write your Mother.. ?

20. I would defintely say that spinning the gate x1 at a time and using the x2 or x3 multiplier ASAP is the cheapest way of getting parts and making the gate.

I am building Kappa right now and I used about 30k uri and found 50 parts.