How to Fill Up Galaxy Gates Best!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by APOLLO[SKE★], Dec 8, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Built a kappa with 82k uri (about 1100 spins {I think}) with this method :rolleyes:

2. when I first Started, the OG Players shared this way.. have only recently started using the X5 spins.. got lazy.. lol.. but usually x1 spins, because I can vary the seconds between each one. and I find doing this changes ( In my Mind ) the Universal Variables.

Kind of like the Wheel on a Slot machine.. except its Random shifting Electrons propelled by a Written Program.

Poor results after a weekend of boxing.. with Pet and doubler.. 58 gg credits.. 8 parts ( 7 mulits, 1 Gamma Piece ) :(

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  3. One at a time... x2 multiply everytime... unless u have more money than patience. I did have 1 part for gamma that took me nearly 3k spins w alpha and beta full. Its rare but it happens.

4. your sig be a cool ship if like 50% of it was'nt the venom

5. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Disregarding the additional benefit of having a full nano:
    http://en.board.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/showthread.php?t=415660

Whether you want to believe it or not, using the x2 multiplier is better than x3, x4, x5 and x6.
    Having a nano full ship will help also.
    Ultimately it boils down to chance. If you say need 6 pieces and use the x6 multiplier and get the 6 pieces as opposed to getting the pieces 3 times in a row with x2.
    Just one thing to note. With the x6 it's either get or don't get and 6 gate pieces are lost whereas with the x2 it's either get or don't get and 2 gate pieces are lost. I prefer looking at it in the sense of, 'less to loose by failing the x2. get back on your feet quicker'.
    EDIT: also have a look at this very informative thread:
    https://board-en.darkorbit.com//threads/dark-orbit-finally-a-real-world-application-for-math.61129/

6. El_Burro

El_Burro User

How do you know that a ship with full nano hull helps building gates cheaper?
    I wasnt able to figure it out conclusively, do you have any additional information on that?

7. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Read the thread from the start.
    The percent given for nano if the nano is full gets rerolled until something other than nano is obtained. So that 4% for nano, 13% of 4% would be given to gates. That's 0.52% making a total of 13.52%. However it doesn't end here, the 4% which counts for nano on the second reroll would get rerolled again if that were the outcome. It's a very minute addition but an addition nevertheless. I can't be bothered to do the math but you can safely say with full nano you get more than 13.52% chance of obtaining a gate part whether that be a multiplier or not.

8. El_Burro

El_Burro User

No need to explain the math to me;)
    BTW the chance for gate parts would be exactly 13% / 0.96
    And I did read the thread from the start. Someone said that the chances for Xenomit are redistributed evenly (same as re-rolling) among the other results.
    But there is no evidence that this is true.
    In fact the 30000 turns I sampled so far show a slight tendency that the chances are NOT redistributed to the gate parts.

9. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Hmm, as you've tested it with 30,000 spins I will concede. Unless BP give us an answer directly (not via mods) we wont know for sure.

One doesn't get any more nano if the nano is full hence one will get something else. The void 4% for nano... if it isn't rerolled then only BP can provide the answer. Maybe they increase the probability of getting ammo or another item etcetera.

10. FLΛSH™

FLΛSH™ User

I had hoped no-one had picked up on this. I've done this since nanohull was first released and they issued a full bar to everyone.

11. If the probability percentages are correct you should get on average 13 gate pieces (gate multipliers included) per 100 spins.

Darkomaani. likes this.
  12. El_Burro

El_Burro User

13. suport can.

14. yeah it is true if u click up gates with a ship that has full nano hull then u dont get more nano hull and therefore more other things are probable. i dont think i am getting more gate parts but i am deffinitly not getting more nano hull. i just did 170 clicks and not 1 nano hull came up.

15. We had about a two page argument about that earlier in this thread. Look at previous pages before repeating that.

16. Napsie

Napsie User

I do agree with this..
    If you choose to use spins on Alpha/Beta/Gamma, as the gate gets done do not produce it.. just leave it there so you get more chances of getting the parts for the next two or one (matters how much you already have).
    Also I noticed that using the x10 + multipliers will give a good chance of receiving good ammunition - I personally think that the ratio percentage of receiving ammunition has actually increased. :)
    x100 is quite pointless unless you do need it rapidly x)

17. The percentage of getting Ammo is already quite high.

.JACKTHERIPPER. likes this.
  18. yeah i read the whole thread then i posted. opinions are like noses, most people got one. and some have 2.

19. NemJones

NemJones User

I like waiting till X5. still cant get the last alpha though

20. Keep spinning gates, but use the multiplier when it's x2. You'll get it soon :)