How to Reduce Lagg

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by APOLLO[SKE★], Mar 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So today i was board of the usual stuff, so i thought i should help out the Community. So here are some tips to Running Darkorbit without Lag (Won't get Rid of Lagg, Will help reduce it A LOT though) So Here we Go

Browser?
    I use Chrome to play Darkorbit, Other browsers that work work great to are Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Never use Internet Explorer, it's just dreadful in my opinion.

Add Ons:
    AdBlock Plus. If you see those Drakensberg, Pirate Storm, and other Bigpoint Advertisements on your Back page this Add On removes them. In case you didn't know Add's cause Lag!
    Here is a link to install it...
    REMOVED
    Pages on Backpage to have Open While playing the Game:
    Whenever I play Darkorbit i keep my Clan Page open in the background, it has the least moving objects. If you have Auction/Skylab open you will just want to kill yourself, those 2 things can make the Game Page just Crash

Pepper Flash...
    Turning this thing off in Google Chrome, or the other browsers will make the Start Button on the Game page load much faster... If you get a black screen after Disabling Pepper Flash, just refresh and it should work, just be patient.
    Here is a link for Chrome....
    chrome://plugins/
    In the top right corner hit +Details...
    Look for Adobe Flash Player...
    Once you see this Text
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\33.0.1750.117\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    In the Location Section hit Disable right below it, then you must restart your browser.
    Follow these 2 Steps only when on Game Page Screen...
    Begin with Right Clicking When the Game Loads and you can See your Ship.
    You will see something like this Image....
    [​IMG]
    Click on Settings...
    Then click on the Folder with a Green Arrow Pointing Down...
    Slide the Bar over Until it says UnLimited... Here is what it should look like...
    [​IMG]
    That is all the tricks i have hope they work for you!

Last edited by moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  2. THANKS for help to community

3. No problem did this help you?

4. I actually close my backpage when I have lag it works great. I also due the other things posted above it does help a lot also. But closing my back page works the best and shutting down running programs on my computer. (Keeping others of the internet helps to) good luck all.

ROULOUS___HELLAS likes this.
  5. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

The Information from the OP is a little limited.

Here is some pointers from ASTRAEA from >this< thread.

Below is a variety of reasons as to why you could be. experiencing these issues.

1. Web Browser is not up to date
    2. Flash and java not up to date - or missing plug ins
    3. Cache needs to be empty
    4. Browser history may need to be cleared.
    5. Distance from server
    6. Computer graphic overload. (Graphics card slow or not enough Ram).
    7. Internet type - Wifi, DSL, cable broadband or phone connection.
    8. Programs Running in the Background
    9. Clear Flash player data: Can be done at the following link
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
    (This is an actual web page - not just an image)
    10. Possible server problem.

With my addition:-

Browser choice.

Different browser work better or worse for different system set-ups.

For me currently SRware Iron works best because it uses less memory to run.

I would also add CPU RAM, I only have 1GB of RAM with an in built graphic card so a browser that is less memory hungry works best for me.

GnAn2 and ROULOUS___HELLAS like this.
  6. Those are reasons why you might lag my post is about how to reduce it...

7. .Šuяaj.

.Šuяaj. User

also dont forget to update your java :)

8. no need for me at this time but an help is a good act

9. Hello APOLLO[SKE★]

Moving to a more appropriate section.

=THREAD MOVED=
    To: Newbies

10. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

No those are suggestion on what to try when you experience lag.

11. Didn't change much, still, you put effort into it :) Thx

12. these are the Tips.. I have been Giving to Many of the TOP players that have Asked my for Assistance in the MMO..

Some you are using what is mentioned here, some that are NOT Mentioned here are as follows ..

Most were Recommended on DarkOrbit forums at sometime in the Past..

Most People are just too Lazy to Follow thru with these but .. I know many DO this every time .. BEFORE they Log on..

The Maximum Lag reduction happens..

after an Search for Critical Updates from MicroSoft, Install them.. Reboot PC..

Delete Java from Control Panel/Programs.. re-Install..

Delete Flash-Player and reinstall..

I run ASC (Advanced System Care) from IObit.. Currently Version 8 Pro.

CC Cleaner from Piriform (Free)
    Run Both Piriform's Defraggler and then the MicroSoft Version Defragmentation OS tool. found at Start/All Programs/System Tools..

The Browser used is from FireFox was Recommended to me from Game Admin called "Nightly" it has updates daily, and after the update, I found 2 Add ons that ClearCache.. all Memory cache and Browser cache..Close the Browser.. then.. I Reboot my PC. and..:cool: Bamm.. Fast and Slick as.. Gorilla Snott..

my system is just a 2 G Ram setup with Windows 7, a HP Dv7 4153cl entertainment Notebook with a Fan under it.. and a TrackBall Mouse..

Yeah.. I run most of ALL these Steps.. before playin.. But Always Before DOing any Gates.. and Turn all the Settings down to Nuttin.. make the Visuals Boring.. but It don't Lag out.. if I get good enough Wifi signal..

I will be Eager to Learn any other Tricks .. :)