[SC] Is it Broken, this galactic strife thing?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -ЩarΛnt-, May 14, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

I killed about 15 enemies this morning.

Only one of them netted me 25 points.
    From the others, no change.
    And they were not at 0 reputation points.

2. Reading the FAQ helps. ;)
    (https://board-en.darkorbit.com/threads/galactic-strife-faq-11-2019.124791/)

There are changes to the Reputation-System. The highlighted one in red should be the answer to your problem.
    If that isn't the solution, you might wanna contact the support.

3. memrix

memrix User

i got killed in 4-5 and i lost no points, also i don't know what his points were though, so i might be overlooking something

4. Yes, you do not always lose points.
    I haven't figured it out myself yet, sometimes I die and lose 0 points, and then couple minutes later the same player shots me down again and boom 20-60 points gone in an instand.

It's really wierd.

And it's also not a visual bug when u don't lose points either, because even after a relog and Cache clear the points still havent changed... .
    So there is something I am missing out on yet I have no clue what exactly it is.

But hey, not loosing points when you should have lost some is always a good thing, so I don't really complain :D

5. mxmumefort

mxmumefort User

So from what I understand is first, points are only in the PvP maps... Second it depends on the point spread between the 2 players... Like if 1 player has like 850 points and attacks a player with only like 150, there probably wont be any loss or gain for either player... Third, in reference to last statement, if the player with 150 attacks (shoots first) the player with 850 then their WILL be a loss and gain for both players based on who wins... Now this I have seen in a 1v1 only battle, not in 2v1 or when another player jumps in to help pop another player...

6. NutnFancy

NutnFancy User

i have been attacked in 4-5 three times and have lost no points. all three times was a 2v1 fight.
    someone in chat said if its a 2-1 or more you wont lose any points?

7. memrix

memrix User

does anyone here honestly care about the points? if you're not anywhere close to the top 100, then you are not going to be rewarded. My point is don't anger yourself trying to get many points because sometimes it will just not work due to most likely more than 100 UFE controlling the event ranklist

8. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

How to win in galactic strife... Put multiple accounts online in different company. Wait for fever time. Find a quiet spot. Shoot yourself in turns.

You get x2 points,
    you loose x1 points.
    Easy peasy.

Maybe thats why on my server, nr 1 and 2 in the event (at time of writing) have the same name.
    btw, he's (she's) also on number 7.

9. yes everyone who play's DO seem to always find a back door into rankings, I always thought those kinda game play technique is cheating and should be ban but like botters in this game BP says they simply don't have the resources to fight them must be same with players who abuse things like this, BP just doesn't or won't find the time to track these players and not ban them for a week or 2 but perma ban them maybe they will bring back real players and not just repeat botters and cheaters

10. Hey, another GE5 person :D
    Nice to meet you. :D

Luckyly said persons 2 pushed Accounts have been bannes already for a week now. (No clue why they don't remove him from the Ranking though...)
    I just wish they had banned his main Account aswell, but hey I guess Baby-steps are fine too, as long as they are actually being taken :D