JPA On Hold - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Ddraig, Jul 27, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darky

Darky User

Does anybody know what will happen already with the Jackpot Arena..? It has been 1 year without this awesome event and im sure many players miss that event. And also i don't think that BigPoint is thinking how to stop cheaters, etc from winning as they said. They are probably thinking what useless new design to make

2. wghardy2

wghardy2 User

Ikr.. couldnt agree more.

3. ~turnip~

~turnip~ User

why are u adveriseing still that u can win 10 grand when u clearly took it away from us players for whatever reson thats false advertisement the jpa was one of the greatest things in the game and uve taken it away and kept it away

4. Key word there "WAS".
    Bug users and game manipulation ended a once awesome opportunity for dedicated Dark Orbit players.

I believe they will bring it back once they have figured out a better way to detect the magic

-FT

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

5. Casual players never had a chance at 10k euro. they said there was a few players who would do whatever it took to win. including using third party programs and using TS to coordinate the event. They do need to bring back a chance to win $ though because that is a huge draw to the game

6. I think if their not going to bring back jpa then i agree even do something like instead of TDM it should be CDM cause of all the multey company clans, players will not go to TDM cause you have to fight your own clan for a win. If they make it clan Death Match and even offered players who join and win ammo and uridium packages or even booster packages like 50% boosters they will see more players in the event and they will fight their best to win the rewards is something. That's my best suggestion Enjoy :)

7. wghardy2

wghardy2 User

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." Hell naw... bring the damn event back you are telling me a multi-million site cannot ban a few players? Oh wait, they decided to always have a limited ban because they spent so much money. Its a joke.. really is considering how good this game used to be. And they add more lasers and shields? Instead of doing their job? Yeah my server is dead constantly. Barely ever a cm or admin in chat anymore. Idk its like COD, Producers getting dumber and dumber making it more futuristic. Not gonna go onto 30 different topics though, hell trust me tho I most definitely could.

And also.. to ~turnip~'s point... right. They still have the $10.000 JP dollars and still give it away in boxes. Seems laziness kicked in.

Last edited by moderator: Oct 6, 2016
  8. TrainWreck

TrainWreck User

You should just do what any other game would do, perma ban the cheaters, then you would have more new players, and alot of the older players will come back.

Blue~Lazer and *HΣĂVΣИ* like this.
  9. Problem with that is, over 90% of the players have cheated.

10. wghardy2

wghardy2 User

That's not true. Lmao do you pop from 90% of the people or somethin? Merge servers, you act like new players will help, it'll take them a year or so to get ufe without spending money. Their are no enemies anywhere, its a joke.

11. Then you farm the NPCs for uri and/missions then you are now UFE without having to worry about getting shot down over and over o_O

Jackpot $US no - jackpot Euro no - jackpot Yuan yes ;)

12. Islingr

Islingr User

I haven't read all of the posts, so I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but what if there was some king of limiting line on the JPA? Like instead of people being able to use lvl 16 equipment and having 50 pilot bio, limit it to maybe only 5 lvl equipment and and maybe only 25 pilot bio for fats and another upgrades people might want :). (People with less bio or equipment lvls than this probably won't have the drone formations, ammo, or skill designs to compete anyways.) Not permanently or not that people with more can't participate, but if people have stuff that is over that limit, then it gets reduced. Like there can be a special hanger slot specifically for JPA where every equipment will be reduced to level 5 and there is a separate skill tree where you can only use 25 bio at a time that can be changed without needing to use uri to change it (as it wouldn't effect normal game play). (Also, ban insta-shields and smart bombs if they keep on getting cheated with reduced cool-downs or whatever.) You would only be able to use the ship/config in that hanger hall during the tournament and when you start that hanger, you will automatically get transported to a waiting room or the actual tournament itself, and if you change out of that hanger, then you will be returned back to the normal game. Also, the JPA hanger hall could also have additional scripts and more security that will check to make sure that there are no cheats, so the competition can be fair by either not allowing the player to compete, or by banning them for a certain amount of time. (Also, limit any other items and abilities that only UFEs would have that the average FE wouldn't have, like there being a limit to only 3 or 4 drone designs being allowed per round or something like that.)

Now the stat changes and everything would be completely separate from the normal game and the equipment levels and skill trees and whatever is changed specifically for JPA events will return back to normal once you change a hanger hall to a "normal" ship. This way more people can participate, not only the UFE's but also FE's as the time it takes to become a FE is significantly less than the time that it takes to get to UFE (like a couple hundred hours compared to a couple thousand hours). Or maybe create two tournaments, one that allows max equipment and everything for the UFE's with larger prizes, but another one that gives smaller prizes, either in-game like booty keys, uri, ammo, or designs; or actual money, maybe 500-1000 euros, with the conditions listed above. This would give people more incentive to play again as it would give more people a shot at winning.

Also for the people that will complain about it not being fair to the UFE's who have spent time and money into the game to get where they are, at this point the game is too unbalanced and it isn't fair for only the UFE's to participate in tournaments and this will be better for all players in general. And also for people who might say that it wouldn't be fair as there are fewer things that can be used with different designs and abilities that will really show skill difference, then maybe change the tournament into more of a outfit v outfit pvp instead of a 1v1 pvp. Like maybe a 3v3 or a 5v5 with the rewards being split among the group with a entry setup kind of like the Hades GG. This way there will be more pvp skills required than in 1v1 pvp. Also, this way would allow a greater variety of ships to be used instead of just goli sentinels, and whatnot and actually require more planning that could incorporate a variety of ships like the Citadel or Aegis. Also, there should be a speed limit of a max speed of 576 so people can't just run away in Pusat or Tartarus and drag the fight forever. (Exception to lightning afterburner skill design because is an actual skill instead of Tartarus speed boost that lasts basically forever, or cap the Tartarus speed boost at 576 too)

I agree with most people that there are significantly less people playing now than there was a couple years ago, and I really hope that some of these ideas will be implemented so that more people will play and non UFEs have a chance to actually compete in events and tournaments.

13. Make a system where you can turn JPA euros into uri

14. This would mean a more complicated way to get Uri from BB. IMO It will be better if we can transform this useless Jackpot into Assembly ores, green Booty Keys..or even some useless designs.

15. i just used uri as an example, but anything would be good

16. JPA have to be brought back. darkorbit only have to look other games, all games have tournaments and rewards
    This game is really good but there is a problem with marketing to keep players
    game is too expensive and there is not any tournaments to get fun,
    i mean there is not any serious thing in the game

17. It is bad to get something completely useless in cargo boxes!

18. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

There are Tournaments and rewards in the form of the UBA.

19. Let´s face it guys, there are too much things to fix and improve in the game If I were from Do, I would start little by little by giving the most-sought things. I would fix the other issues in parallel while my users are busy with the game. Here is the Project Plan:

Plan:
    - Make Darkorbit great and interesting again while fixing the bugs and issues in the background.

Issues:
    - Too much bugs reported, players are leaving, no excitement anymore, no more goals to achieve, etc., etc.

Actions Required:
    - Make the Jackpot money convertible to uridium by multiplying it to 1000x. For example, if I have collected 5000 in Jackpot money, I can exchange it to 5M Uridium.
    - DO enables again the Jackpot Arena.
    - The 10 last-men standing in JPA can get their Jackpot money according to their position. For example:
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 10th place, I should get 10% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 9th place, I should get 12% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 8th place, I should get 14% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 7th place, I should get 16% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 60th place, I should get 18% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 50th place, I should get 20% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 4th place, I should get 22% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 3rd place, I should get 24% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 2nd place, I should get 30% of my Jackpot money.
    • > I have 10,000 and I was in the 1st place, I should get 100% of my Jackpot money.

Impact to Players:
    - If I exchange all of my Jackpot money to Uridium, I will have no real money to collect in JPA if I win. Therefore, I will go back and collect boxes again.
    - If I do not exchange my Jackpot money to Uridium, I have now my goal to collect that real money in JPA if I win.
    - Either way, I will still go back and box once again.
    - I have now goals in this game - To collect more boxes and convert to Uridium and make myself stronger or try to win the JPA and collect the real money.
    - I will be excited again to play this game. Current bugs and issues would be my second concerns now.

Impact to Darkorbit:
    - You will give money back to the community.
    - Your earnings will be low in the first months but if this is successful, you can regain them in a matter of time.
    - You can have your players busy and happy again while you are fixing the other issues of the game.
    - Darkorbit will be great once again...

Now, who says that this is not a good idea? Who is with me?

20. neoonoma

neoonoma User

I think you are a bit too optimistic.You can't enjoy the game when you lose a GG life or because click locks are bugged.I always click an NPC or player at least 2 times before i lock him.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    chvrga likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.