Late Night Chatroom

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cooljak96, Dec 22, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Hello everyone,

How about, starting at 11 pm server time, a new chat room appears. This chat room will be called "Late Night Chat", a chat room that removes all curse filters. You will be allowed to talk freely (to an extent). The rules will all be the same, the only difference is the lack of a chat filter.

2. i like it this must be implemented :-D

3. Jack

Jack User

Totally pointless idea!

Besides, you call people rude for a few intelligent remarks, so could you really handle curses??? Personally, I don't think so ;)

4. LETS DO IT! lol Adults only. Rated R (well rated M because its a game) [meh but probably the ESRB will probably not rate it just like they always say... "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB) wait is darkorbit even rated???? ...

YOLO lol

But for seriousiness.... +1

cooljak96 likes this.
  5. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

"Intelligent". You seem to think very highly of yourself, saying that all you do is make "intelligent" remarks.

6. It would be nice to have adults talking without restrictions, however I think my brain cells would diminish if people were aloud to use profanity left right and centre. I hardly use profanity in real life but I would agree to have some restrictions lifted in chat.

7. just ignore it. The more you talk or response to certain cituation wihtout having any power to correct it. the worst it gets. Let it go.

8. Jack

Jack User

of course, but only AFTER I see he learned a lesson about constructive criticism :D

9. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

You need to stop commenting on my thread if you are just going to post useless nonsense. If you do not, I will contact support and they will deal with you.

10. Jack

Jack User

Like you did on my thread? You insulted me for a lifetime, and for that I intend to repay you in kind :) And please report me, I'll report you as well and let's see what support will say :D

By the way, cursing in chat?? the worst idea I've ever heard!

11. Personally, I feel over the years in our society the lack of respect towards others has grown to an unacceptable level. I find it nice to be able to come here and enjoy the chat. Yes lots of flaming and disrespect gets threw but in general the chat is pretty good.

Most times our CM's are on the ball and bring a quick resolve to any problems.

I don't think the need for a non regulated chat is necessary at all & will be quite disappointed should this stupid idea ever come to fruition...

Perhaps the OP could use a bit more common sense and think of something constructive?

Peace :cool:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Jack likes this.
  12. Jack

Jack User

I congratulate you :) finally someone smart enough to respect others even when he disagrees :D

You should learn something from this man, Mr. modest center of the universe ;)

13. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

Reported. Please excuse yourself from my thread. Atleast in your thread, I posted things about your idea. You are just spamming my thread to try to prove yourself, make your post count go up, and waste everyone's time. Good bye.

14. Jack

Jack User

Your suggestion:

is at the very least offensive! You wish to use vulgar language instead of arguments?!

I cant even begin to imagine what you'd say to me if those filters were removed :eek:

15. To choose vulgar language over intelligent conversation only shows a weak mind.

The in game chat was originally brought forth for players to "communicate" game related chat and no other reason. It's wasn't intended for player arguments, spamming, flaming, accusing.

Any chat that is not game related is just, to me, interference.

Often I see our chat rolling on and on and on with needless arguments and conflicts between players. Some of them don't even have anything to do with the game. I just wish it would stop.

And now you want to have the chat to be filled with good ol' profanities ?

Like I said... 11th & 12th words in my beginning statement.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Jack likes this.
  16. cooljak96

cooljak96 User

The idea of this chat room is not meant to be used solely for cursing. The idea is so that adults can speak freely and not have to worry about accidentally saying certain words. Obviously, spamming would still be against the rules.

17. Sociopath

Sociopath User

Good idea.

18. Well, I think you can still do the same thing without the filter being removed.

Like let's just say I was on the chat and wanted to call someone umm stupid or an idiot. Now those two words would be picked up by the filter, I would be kicked or banned.

But if I say to a person.. you have a size 10 shoe and a size 3 hat would mean the same thing, but would not really cause me any problems on the chat true?

This is a family game.. no matter the time of day it is for you, somewhere it is a time for younger people to be on.

Would be too hard to regulate and who the hell would volunteer for that one eh?

Not a good idea from my perspective. But that's just me.

Jack likes this.
  19. Jack

Jack User

Once again, I have to congratulate you! :D

The very idea of vulgar language over intelligent conversation makes me sick! Not to mention its all the proof you need to recognize a microbrain ;)

20. I am going to close this thread as there are no more constructive remarks for the O.P. idea. It is instead turning into a flaming war. I will pass this up to our Forum Mods to be handled respectfully.

As for the original idea, fun to think about but because the chat can not actually filter out people by age I don't see how it could be implemented.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.