[UI] Locking Color

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by coobo99, Jun 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. coobo99

coobo99 User

If you have lock on a NAPed player, your lock is yellow
    If you have lock on an allied player, your lock is green
    If you have lock on a player in the same company (non-warred clan), your lock is blue

Or have the main circle blue for same company, red for different companies and have the counter-rotating part be the diplomacy status (including red for outlaws)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. Good idea, especially if your target is cloaked, if that would work,

3. memrix

memrix User

I like the idea, but to me it just seems as a little redundant. We can already make out which players are hostile or friendly even in cloak due to minimap.

4. ofc u can but if ur in a big fight like 50+ vs 50+ (for example at prime time in GE7)
    it may be very usefull

i agree with the purpose with one condition: u MUST have premium or radar CPU equipped

if u dont have one of them u will see all red like now

5. Yes i agree, when you look at mini map the war clans are a different red than just a regular enemy.

memrix likes this.
  6. Lol, now that would make sense, after all, that's what the CPU is for, isn't it? And, in other games I've played, mostly old single player games, you have to do exactly that, buy a device that gives more information in order to target and track the nme.

7. memrix

memrix User

i suppose that might be handy in such a situation...However this makes it only useful in very few situations, i wish you good luck in convincing the devs of the opside of this. I am all for it, but i fear it won't happen, sorry

8. I feel like the shape of the lock (still a circle, but with different "indents") should be a part of this idea in order to accommodate for colorblind players.

9. coobo99

coobo99 User

Agreed.
    The idea occurred to me during spaceball where I, and most others, lock and fire without looking at their minimap. Once you look at your minimap for cloaked players, you miss all of the boxes. I see this as more of a "Oh, well that makes sense" rather than it being redundant. Why would I be able to see the status on my minimap but not through my main screen that I'm mainly looking at all of the time?