March Dev Blog Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Mar 24, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello Spacepilots^ ^

We have a new Dev Blog today and as always, we would love to hear from you on it.

Again I will ask if we can please keep the flaming to a minimum and stick to the rules so we can leave your posts intact with your thoughts and opinions.

Thank you :)

2. I have asked about this pretty many times, I would love to hear an official statement about it from a person who is deciding things like this, not from a forum moderator.

What do you think about earning uridium easier? I am not talking about alternative ways of making it, I am talking about faster ways. I mean something better than shooting Kristallons. Like a new alien with less than twice the hp but double reward? Or just increasing the overall amount of uridium from NPC. We have been getting 128uri from a kristallon since 2007 but game has became a lot more expensive since then.

Have you ever though about this, increasing uri reward by 1,5x or something? Or just "reward happy hours" in which we would get double rewards for one or two times a week.

I would love it if there would be one person hired to BP whose sole purpose would be reading players suggestions on forum and commenting on them. Asking people in Darkorbit main office what they think about it, and tell what they think to the player who made the suggestion. I have posted many suggestions but not a single time have I heard what BP thinks about them. There are many successful games in which players decide where they want to take the game next and developers listen. This game has a great potential but I feel like it is going to a waste.

It would be great to have a monthly poll about all the suggestions on english forum and top 5 ideas would be commented by a game developer, does he like the idea and why is it good and does he consider that they should add it to the game?
    We need more discussion about new stuff between players and developers!

You have been doing good job with the discounts though, big thumbs up.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  3. Norjinn

Norjinn User

That´s whai I was mentioning in the german forums for months...but mods invalidated that by saying "As UFE"you can earn lot of faster uri.
    So false..,as first you need to reach UFE and as long you are just a fe or even low you will need thousand of years to achieve significant results.
    The compare the reward of the cubikon to kristallon,1,6mil hp = 1024 uri to 400k hp = 128 uri..someting is wrong their.
    I know they were implemented as a group and solo npcs but DarkOrbit isnt the old anymore,its DarkOrbit Reloaded and guys we do not need new npcs--> WE NEED BALANCED NPCS!!!

Every popular game has balancing interventions ,example LoL that game has every month small and huge buff and debuff changes to their game content.
    But lets compare LoL to DarkOrbit Reloaded , we do have Bug fixxer logs but we do also need some Buffs/balancing on the npcs.
    As the Kami Gear was to strong at the very beginning as it was implemented darkorbit proggers have putted there a cd on kami and the protis have been buffed,but why the hell you do that ?
    Did we get billionaires from that , NO!

4. Abner3

Abner3 User

I really think the NCP rewards need an overhaul, especially the credits and uridium not counting the cubikon. As a UFE you can earn much more uridium and credits compared to a new player and that gap is HUGE.

5. I agree you alot! There have actually never been nerfs and buffs in darkorbit, what this game really needs. I dont mean only about increasing rewards of npc's (i think with this ammount of events we have right now, most of us get little bit too easy huge ammount of uridium), but ballancing and making reworks of ships, items and some really poor events could really make sense. like buffing some kredit items powers to give starter players more power and nerfing aegis- ship (in my opinion its way too strong). "- Just some examples"

You are also right. This would be a really good way to show players that darkorbit listens players ideas. Many years ago TGC- members could get cool and secret posts by darkorbit, giving some extra news about darkorbit and also giving players a possibility to write questions to bigpoint! Its really sad that these things are not happening anymore. Now it seems like that only way to get information about upcoming news is to follow Okapi's posts in Unofficial: darkorbit revealed page :p.

6. Norjinn

Norjinn User

The problem is even that DarkOrbit just intervenes if something gives users a huge advantage!
    But they just see money and not fair play,they don´t want a game which is fair for actually non bankers,they want paying members for ever.

START THE BUFF CANON AND DEBUFF CUSHION LIKE riot is doing with their game,it makes us players feel that we play a professional game and not a money greedy game.

7. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Encase you, the developers, do actually read anything that is written here, nobody really cares much about the feedback threads. We make comments, we give feedback on what feels like deaf ears, we have zero interaction with the team and ultimately it feels like we make no difference when we comment in these threads.

Oh but wait, would you actually care about anything we said if we happened to write it in Turkish? Since that is now seemingly the only priority to this game, the Turkish users.
    • Turkish users have a community manager who acts like they actually give a damn about the users.
    • Turkish users get their own Goliath with a combination of boosts no other Goliath has in the game.
    • Turkish users get developer livestreams on twitch.
    • Turkish users get video competitions with the winning video uploaded to their own special TR youtube channel.
    • Turkish users get fan and developer meet-ups.
    • Turkish users are just straight up more important than other users in the eyes of DO.
    Do you get the point here or should I list a few more?

Can I ask what I expect to be a rhetorical question, do we have a English Community manager?
    English being the most wide spoken language in the world and the most commonly understood in the game as a result. I have to ask because since the new forums were created in 2013 we have only had 6 responses from anyone on the development team to a player.
    If we do supposedly have a English community manager, where do I send my application to take over? I could post as little as 1 reply a week to players giving feedback and it would make them feel like their opinion is infinitely more valued than any of us have felt in the last 2 years.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015

8. with all i see you do you should be the English community manager

9. Well said Okapi I am in full agreement

10. Add most of new players in servers that got less players so those become more active that is my advice :)

11. DARK-KID

DARK-KID User

:Dlooking forward to that virus event :)

12. Norjinn

Norjinn User

Okapi,so true!

We need votings,why everytime you want to suprise us with updates ?Let us -the community decide about what will be implemented with votings like on turk servers.
    Think about what the community vots for ,we wouldnt complain about.I want to see what is upcomming and I also want to have my part in it.

~RAVEN~1 likes this.
  13. kaansakal

kaansakal User

Why don't you reply these questions? Come on KrisKelvin where are you?

~RAVEN~1 likes this.
  14. pecanin

pecanin User

I suggested something long ago that as usual was ignored

We don't need new aliens ,they already exist in form of aliens from gates/special events and so on..how hard would it be to replace cubikons and other aliens from X6 map wit lets say ice metroids/zeta aliens and so on .This could be done on monthly basis,one month of metroids,one month of zeta alens,one month of sun lordakums and so on..cubikons could be even moved to x8

15. Overall, I like the progress such as offering weekly rates for advantage packs. The bonus boxes were brought back to near normalcy and this, in part, has brought me back as a regular player.

New update seemed rushed in the sense that it had a ton of bugs. Major bugs. How was this overlooked? We do appreciate the quick hotfixes, a lot of issues were resolved. Some still remain. I am hoping new changes will be tested more thoroughly before release.

The events like Domination are great for strong accounts like mine, but newer players/weak companies get blasted off the npc and out of the bmaps.
    This seems to be in line with the theme of Domination, just not good for the player base overall imho. I think this and I'm one of the ones Dominating most players solo let alone hunting in a group. Catering to the big accounts and big markets is obviously what's going on, I benefit in part, so meh, but how is this progressing the game and giving it a bright future?

16. Norjinn

Norjinn User

Yep,true!

Another problem is for newcommers its still impossible to reach even FE nor UFE!^
    I´ve started on us3 new and really I just can complain ,no chance to do anything ,everyone one hits me ,I can´t bid in the auction because everything is terribly expensive-yes also there.
    AND BECAUSE OF THE implement to credits outpay my clan can´t pay a decent amount for me so I can have a chance in the auction.

TO RICK DECKARD : YOU DID A ..... NOTHING IS FAIR IN THIS GAME and YOU KNOW THIS , YOUR PROGGER TEAM KNOW THIS and ALSO WE PLAYERS KNOW THIS , BUT WE ARE "ADDICTED" to this NICE GAME BUT YOUR GREED DESTROYS THIS.

17. TRUE>..

18. I don't see the point in these threads anymore. Out of all things said by the community, how much of it has been taken into consideration? How many brilliant ideas, that have been mentioned, were put into the game? Our support team treats us like dirt, and the events we're given are no where near fun, or fair for all... I'm actually ready to leave DO, there's bug users left and right, programs are making their comeback, support team not helping with issues, claiming they don't exist and the hundreds of people having them are liars.... I'm tired of it all, game is boring, nothing to do, i have had a glitched account for months, my damage hasn't been what it should be, the only people attempting to help me are ddraig and astraea, and currently ddraig is also having to deal with something broken in this game, which is hindering him from assisting me with my issue. The only people who care about us are the mods we see here in forums, well a few of them, some just close threads and don't pay attention to a damn thing we say.

If this games Dev team could talk to us, listen to us, and help us, i feel things could change for the better. I'm no expert on games, but i'm pretty sure it's not that hard to fix issues that have lasted months.

19. this is probably the most useless thread on the forum, no wait that was the actual dev blog :/ that took that title........

20. Haha, still not a single answer. I wonder does BP staff not have time to look at this while sitting in a bathroom or something? It does not take that much effort to open 1 thread and answer something ._. Or when riding a bus? Or when washing teeth with one hand? How can the guy responsive does not have time? It can't be so hard to find few minutes.

How about waking up 5 minutes earlier and answering to this while still laying in bed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.