March Dev Blog Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Mar 24, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They are on holiday, more than likely, hopefully soon ol' Ricky will talk to us.:rolleyes:

2. CBS-isnt it time for some equalization to the battlestations. Smaller clans or even individuals should have the opportunity to destroy them with some super weapon or nuke. Charge a lot and see if the wallet warrior bites. This would create parity. The game is otherwise going to the majority.

3. If my sever is a microcosm of Dark Orbit as a whole, game is in serious decline.
    After a year and a half gone, I've been back playing a couple months and it's just plain pathetic the number of players now it's nowhere near what it was back then. I did play/log on once in a while over that time but very little.

There used to be 950-1500 players logged in at all times.
    Now it's down to less than a hundred most of the time.:oops:

When I first started the low maps were packed with hunters and noobs.
    Now it's rare to even see anyone in the low maps if an event isn't going on.:eek:

Letting the cheaters win and keep their accounts imho was the beginning of the end.
    Not only did they stay but they were only temporarily weakened by the BIO reset, and quickly ran us all away from DO.
    I've always loved the game, it's very sad to see the state my server is in now.:confused:

On top of that it seems there is a feeling, with good reason unfortunately, that the larger markets are favored with cool new exclusives both in game and community wise.

Almost like you hate 'muricans.:mad:

You have to give more to new players or it'll never come back.
    500k uri. ? A drop in the bucket for what it takes to be competitive here. Give it to them.:D

Credit ships are virtually worthless why are they still in game? No one flies them.
    U can get a leo, venge or goli in the auction in US EAST 3 for minimum bid.:confused:

The tutorial is woefully inadequate, I had a new player( I know I was amazed myself!) ask me how to shoot their lasers.:confused:

The tutorial stage needs a huge update and needs to be repeatable. This isn't the easiest game to learn.:eek:

All the new stuff only benefits me and other top or near top account strengths.:cool:

I could go on and on, and I plan to.:p

The webpages are outdated and cheesy, good lord log into Star Conflict! It's amazing!:oops:

Sure, they ripped off DO and Star Trek online, but it's called progress people.:D

The whole browser based game is a dead concept, it's too much for these browsers to handle.:confused:

And I know you know this, I play Drakensang. (I "did", it became too boring and the Pvp is terrible):eek:

This game should have been a downloadable client years ago.o_O

Something drastic needs done quick people. or my money and time will have been wasted getting to UFE finally for nothing.:(

All this moaning aside there are good things about the game obviously since I still play.:cool: The lack of players is a HUGE issue.:oops:

And to be fair I have given you kudos in the forums about the positive changes I've seen. Too bad there aren't many. The cons outweigh the pros, and that's evident by declining player numbers.:eek::eek::eek:

PS____ 'muricans don't like cheap crap, unless it's actually for a cheap price. Derp.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. The only issues with CBS's are that a center can be shot without restrictions, makes them too weak. Other then that, my clan has been few in active numbers. And we usually 1-3 man a CBS.

5. LeftBrain

LeftBrain User

Instead of “new” ships and “new” quests/events, how about a new Tech Item like a Tractor Beam. This could be used to counter ships which just stay on port, demilitarized zones or in the middle of a constructed bases but would not work on X-1, X-8 or Pirate 5-2 base. Imagine a Tech Item when used emits a beam (similar to SAB but a different color maybe yellow) that acts as a tractor beam pulling a targeted ship towards your ship. If you fly in the opposite direction at the same time as you have a ship locked with your tractor beam then essentially you can "pull" a ship away with you (i.e. away from port). This beam would be active for 5 seconds and has a very long cool down time (i.e. 30 minutes or longer). The beam will stop the targeted ships engines so that it could be pulled and would also stop the targeted ship from performing any jump, cloak or emp burst over that 5 seconds. However, the targeted ship can still shoot its lasers, rockets, smart bombs, mines, etc. The Tractor Beam takes all of the ships power therefore the ship that uses the Tractor Beam cannot fire lasers, rockets, emp, cloak, mines, use any other Tech, Ship Abilities, Insta-shields, EMPs or anything...basically making the ship using the Tractor Beam vulnerable to attack. This would definitely increase the action in the game. What do you guys think??

6. umm no... theres already a problem with ufes destroying everything.

7. Why do I waste my time writing here when we get zero response?

EDIT: From actual BP employees.

8. what the hell has happend to the kami gear on pet i log on solo a cube but wait it takes me 7 kamis to kill 3 prots jeeez just make it so that only ufe can solo them will ya not like i spend enough money on the game but now i will need to spend more just to solo npcs now and on top of it to use kami u have to be prem member or its not worth it so £5 a month + whatever else i spend on uri but now its not worth useing u solo a cube 1k uri but it costs you that 1k in pet fuel per cube sort it out plz

9. 19OXO51

19OXO51 User

Started this game 20 hours ago and am now giving up, after the initial starter missions the game goes downhill fast, the rewards for the missions are so miniscule you run out of every bit of ammo and cant earn enough to buy more so like a fool I bought some uri £19 worth but hey that went just as quick, god knows how much people spend in this game must be hundreds if not thousands ,not for me I'm afraid so bye bye BP. If new players cant progress in the game then like me they will give up.

10. Guess it's your fault for buying uri on a normal day and not doing it on a MHH when it's triple the amount, next time you should talk to other players XD

11. 19OXO51

19OXO51 User

I see my point went right over your head didn't it.
    New players are constantly bombarded with "special" offers to get them to spend real money, why not BP is a business after all, but you quickly get to realise that to get anywhere in this game you need to spend a lot because the balance between uri and credit equipment is so unbalanced the free/credit player stands no chance.
    Being a new player post starter missions is just untenable as soon as you venture to any map from the relative safety the x2 map your just cannon fodder so the temptation to start to spend increases and once you start there is no going back, what DO/BP need to do to encourage new players to stay is to extend the warning feature of the x2 map to all lower maps then at least you get a fair warning so you can get to a safe port.

whoeva likes this.
  12. Won't happen, this is a PvP game, x-3 and up is considered PvP. You want to build up, with no issues, stick to your x-2 maps. Plenty of ways to survive, I've made new accounts quiet a few times for different servers, and i don't go whipping my wallet out at the first deal i get. Rarely open my wallet for DO.

13. jackknife

jackknife User

Been here for 1090 hours and if you try you can build up your ship ( that's the fun for a new player well that and dying and dying is free except for your drones they don't seem to like it)
    Read the do's and don'ts of DO a great tutorial

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.