Max shield of 2015

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Mr.Spearhead, Jan 17, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Remember my old post which showed max shields? heres the link!
    http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/max-shield-of-2014.39744/#post-313175
    This is an upgraded version on a more accurate scale since my shields didn't add up last time. This time I'm doing max shield for a citadel, vs a goliath. If I miss anything please correct me, Do not say that I am wrong, if you haven't double checked yourself. Now lets say M= max shield.
    A= amount of shield equipped on the ship
    B= 1.50 for double boosters
    C= 1.10 if it has Ship design (for bastion and other ships involving shield) 1.0 if no ship design
    D= 1.40 Seprom
    E= amount of shield on drones
    F= 1.15 for the lvl 16 drones
    G= 1.15 for the lvl 16 shields
    H= 1.35 Lvl 6 drones (1-6 visual effects) with herc equipped
    I= 1.10 for the heart formation
    J= 1.25 on the shield Pilot Bio
    10,000 is how much Shield power your Bo-2 provides (last time people complained about me randomly having 10,000 or not having it at all which I did..

The answer for all ship's maximum shield would be calculated as:
    f(M)= (10,000A(B)(C)(D)(G)(I)(J))+(10,000E(B)(C)(D)(F)(G)(H)(I)(J))

Goliath(M)=(10,000*15(1.5)(1.1)(1.4)(1.15)(1.1)(1.25)+(10,000*20(1.5)(1.1)(1.4)(1.15)(1.15)(1.35)(1.1)(1.25) which leads to=1,682,062 (less than my old one)
    Citadel(M)=(10,000*20(1.5)(1.0)(1.4)(1.15)(1.1)(1.25)+(10,0000*20(1.5)(1.0)(1.4)(1.15)(1.15)(1.35)(1.1)(1.25) which leads to=1,695,179 (better than my old one)

Does this mean Citadel have more shields than goliath? :O How do people have 1.7 mill? did I calculate wrong? if this chart is right then then the max dmg should also be right.
    Max damage in one hit:
    M=Max shield
    D=damage

function: f(D)=1/2M*1.85
    1.35+1.50 to get 1.85
    The max damage is actually 1,568,040 using the SAB-MO1, Detonation, and lance formation.
    Lasers are poop compared to that. XD
    If any calculation is wrong, please do reply, I will re-edit if you are right.

2. The only actual error I can see so far is that maximum boosters for a single ship should be 1.55 (the multi-booster from Kappa Gate will add an extra 5%). Other than that, you might run into some calculation errors around the following:

15% increase from Hercules drones
    I know it displays as a flat 35% on your screen, but in previous calculations it sometimes applied the Hercules bonus separately to the 20% drone level bonus. You would need to test with and without Hercules drones equipped to see whether the shieldpower is modified by 35% or 38% from the base value.

Ship Design/Drone Formation bonus
    For some reason, these values seem to add together before applying (similar to boosters). So if both values apply, then it's a flat 20% increase, not 10% and then a further 10%. Again, you would need to test with and without a Drone Formation to determine the amount of increase.

Those exceptions above might have changed. It all depends on what the developers have tweaked/fixed since I last attempted to calculate shieldpower amounts, but your formulas are fairly solid. The Citadel should have slightly more shields than a Goliath with everything maxed, but only just. The easiest way to test is to find someone who already has everything, ask them very nicely to post a screenshot or a figure for you, and work backwards from there (and then assume that D.O. has all of their own calculations correct, cause it can get a little screwy at times when they "update" things...)

3. yamama

yamama User

Now, all this is done with double booster, level 16 shields, with and without designs on.

1- This is 1 shield on ship. ( 10% shield from kick)
    [​IMG]
    2- This is 1 shield on ship, without 10% bonus
    [​IMG]

3- 1 shield on drones, with herc. ( 10% shield from kick)
    [​IMG]
    4- 1 shield on drone, no shield bonus and herc.
    [​IMG]

Now, max shield on running would be 57,488 *20 = 1,149,760. However, somehow i end up with a slight bit more shield with all 20 shields on drones. (enough shield to cover me 2 streuner shots :cool::cool::cool:)
    [​IMG]

So, for a goli max shields would be 1,149,800 + ( 36,225*15) = 1,693,175. Sadly i never noticed how much increase i get with a kappa booster to my shields, so im just ganna give you information i know is right.

For a citadel. You have to remember that you dont get a 10% bonus because it has no shield designs. So you have (picture 4) (52,697*20)+ (33,207*20) = 1,053,940+ 664140 = 1,718,080.

So as you can see, a goli is not so far behind a citadel shield wise.

Hope this helps you out :), if you really want me to find the max shield i can run this test again ( i can run single shield and have 3 vru next to me which would become a total of 55% - a kappa booster).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  4. ramnik

ramnik User

dont see the point of having a tank in goli but in citadel is ok i reckon lol cos more hp : P

5. TY guys, for the replies I did forget to add the kappa booster. Either way, the calculations are pretty close, goliath and citadel max is around 1.7 mill which should cover as much as a cube HP (1.6 mill) people can solo cube in a few seconds, even with 1.7mill shield you can be dead within 15 seconds? double configing is 3.4 mill shields and in a crab it can be very deadly since its as hard as soloing a UBK (UBK HP 3.2 mill)

6. i think you need dmg to be deadly :p shield is cool but with 15 lasers i'll just sab you and kill you lol

7. Dont be that sure!