Meet an Old Player... Me!

Discussion in 'Meet the Players - Who's Who' started by WingSlasher, Jun 28, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Greetings Dark Orbit players. I am Wing Slasher, as the title says, I am also an old player from the past.

How I started out:
    My Dark Orbit journey started back in 2009 when I first found the game. I don't have much memory of that but I remember the old music, if I'm correct from that era. My original name at first was _SHADOW213_ before changed later on. I didn't get fully into the game until after playing for at least a while and slowly made my way around the game and understand its aspects. Even soon creating a clan that eventually didn't work out. (Probably because I was too much of a noob in the past anyway...) But after some more time, I eventually came over to a clan myself and actually made friends and slowly turned to family during that time. I remember the first clan I entered in when I found that playing as a Nostromo was beneficial than playing as a Big boy. The first clan I was in was called VOID and the player who owned it was named Kraken (something like that.) and soon changed over to Deuce. Later on after learning more tactics with Auctions and ship building I soon join a clan called Archeon Legion where my family began to take place. Entering their Teamspeak sometime soon in 2010-2011 where some players I met were close to me. By that time, my name was changed to Complete Darkness, nothing too serious but something I have thought of at the time. It was actually my DeviantART from old times, least I believe so at the time until it was made around 2012. By then, after speaking with my clan mates who turned to be great friends, I changed my name to SPEEDY (in fancy letters) due to them knowing that I talk rather rapidly than at a set pace. Later on that changed over to Control Freak, (No idea why. But also in fancy letters) before going over to Rainbow Dash. No idea I was a fan of the show until not any more. Show has gone stale for me, but don't let that bother ya until you really get to know me.

After sometime later with Dark Orbit, the game went stale for me and it was rather hard to keep up with every other player due to the higher LF-4s and everyone else buying Uridium to get ahead of the game. While I just stayed here grinding my way up to where I am now.
    (In case you didn't realize, this game is pretty much pay to win.)
    I quit the game later in 2013 or 2014, but later I return due to boredem and rather everything is same. Lag, no faster flash due to my hardware being slow for it, but later on, when I hear about the 3D update, I decided to check it out.
    (Seriously when did the 3D update come out? I forgot.)
    I come back and give it a shot, that update makes my game run rather smoother but still not enough, of course I never had the time or the encouragement to keep playing so I still went on my long time quit. Until today actually. After not playing for years, I decided to finally come back this week, give this game more play time as of right now, and maybe see there's more to it than what I can see of course.

Now I'm back to Dark Orbit, an old player from the 2010-2013 era.
    -When the Auction used to not refund credits when you under bidded someone. (Still I didn't quite like that despite many players not approving it.)
    -When LF-4s were not a thing, or at least super rare at the time.
    -When Delta Gate was the only last gate available.
    -When FE was the big thing and not UFE and what not.
    -When Defcoms and Nostromos were still in the shop before removed until now.
    -Before Hangars were a thing.
    -Before all the other gates appeared.

Man I feel old. Heh. Here's some names that I've was before.
    1. _SHADOW213_
    2. Complete Darkness
    3. SPEDDY (In Fancy Letters)
    4. Control Freak (In Fancy Letters)
    5. Rainbow Dash (In Fancy Letters)
    6. Wing Slasher
    --
    7. SlasherTheMod (Can't use this name of course.)
    8. WingSlasher

Well that's my story, I'd like to give a shout out to old players that I remember playing the game. These guys made my experience fun at the past and I will miss them unless they still play but I'm not aware of it. ~v~

Players:
    Queenie (In fancy letters)

Blue Dragonfly/Macky (Also in Fancy letters)

•ÐΣĪMΘS•

Wretched

Bummy (I heard this guy still plays OwO)

KRIS (In fancy letters)

Hairjrsphinky (Also in fancy letters, how do you spell her name!?)

[VOID] Kraken/Deuce (Taught me a few things)

Fusion (In fancy letters)

COWBOY (In fancy letters)
    ----

Shoutout to these players that I remember.
    -NoQuarter-
    *No idea I just knew this MMO guy, he was chill.

MATCHBOX (In fancy letters)
    *He was a tough player that I always avoided at all times. ~v~

*General Cave*
    *I just know he was the top of the VRU list.

I like to call myself just Slasher as in SlasherTheMod. This is my artist tag for other sites I have. I have a DeviantART and I use that name to sign my artwork.
    My DeviantART: completedarkness23.deviantart.com

I have a Tumblr but that has some NSFW things in there, so I won't share that.

Thanks again for reading. I hope to know as many newer generation or even old players just like me!

(Can I still name myself SlasherTheMod for my own purpose? c: )

2. : ) Church of Bob... H-Town ...*General Cave* Wall-e.... California Rob.... Jock FEAR.... MASTER Frank RUSO.... I kill them all many times they all die by me....BTC NRA I kill them all lol.... and thousands I have killed I lose count also kill admin Crimson Tide and his police ship lol many times

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. great to meet you.

4. I played with a lot of those players back in the day NoQuarter as a very good PvP I was in a clan with him. I also remember playing without rocket launchers upgrades and Bio points no sep just rom you had to farm from aliens those were the days the game was way more fun then. Good to meet ya.

5. tbh i like that the older players are returning