[UI] Module Ideas

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by FreddyKrueger, Jan 30, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. So, I've been playing DarkOrbit for a long time and the release of ship modules is one of the best ideas the developers have come up with in a really long time so I thought I'd throw some ideas for other ships so they have a fighting chance.

All the vengi ships:

* DMG-VP01 - Damage increase from 10% to 15%
    * HP-VP01 - HP increase from 10% to 25% (I know previously it was 20%, but honestly it's not even high for a ship with low base health).

Diminisher
    * 5% Speed
    * Ability module: Removes the negative shield effect on the active ability but reduces the shield by 5% of the ship during the ability

Disruptor
    * Cooldowns reduced by 6%
    * Shield Disarray does not give the shield back upon expiring, increases cooldown by 1 minute.
    * Speed increased by 4% but damage accuracy reduced by 4%

Solace
    * Speed module reduced from 5% to 3%
    * DMG-SG01 - Solace removed from list

Cyborg
    * Shield module 5%
    * Ability lasts 10 seconds longer but reduces ship speed by 5% during the active

Leonov
    * Hitpoint module increase by 20%
    * Damage increase by 8%
    * Ability: Damage to lower aliens increased by 25% (not to players)

Spectrum
    * Damage module reduced from 8% to 5%
    * Ability module: Reduces own laser damage reduction from 45% to 20% and increases ship ability by 10 seconds. However, you are slowed by 5% during this time period

Hammerclaw
    * Damage to NPCS increased by 15%
    * Shield increased by 7%
    * Ability module: Shield and HP links duration increased by 2 seconds and pod cooldown reduced

Centurion
    * Ability: Ship gains 50% HP bonus while no shield is active.

This is just some ideas I think would really spice PvP up a bit, I have no idea what ship I'd be using with these modules in the game and I'm pretty big on PvP.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    BoringDude likes this.
  2. Chr3noven

Chr3noven User

Honestly back in the early years of Darkorbit, flying in a big boy felt amazing. It's a ship that has long been forgotten. I think adding a module on it to make it an excellent source to farm like, double credits per kill or 50% extra damage to non-epic npcs would encourage its use and other players to use it. Making it more viable for farming credits would definitely make it a more common ship where as now its never used like all the ships sub-leonov. You don't even see nostromos.

FreddyKrueger likes this.
  3. It's true, but they have always been considered weak starting ships, but I do support this statement.

4. Hello
    I have noticed that you suggested reduction of speed,damage and other stuff for some modules and abbilityes for some ship/designs.
    All of us take some ship/design in beginning becouse that ship/design had some ability and stats.Do not change that.
    My suggestion would be for example to make modules for ship category
    Solace,Dimmnisher,Spectrum and other ships with similar tech should have common hp/dmg/speed, modules.
    In other words for all ships that are slow they need speed modules
    For ships that have low HP, HP modules etc,in order to make more even battle chances.