Multi-Company Clans - What to do?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by OP32, Nov 7, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let me add a different take on this. DO will not remove MCCs for fear of losing revenue and player activity.

So here is an alternative approach. MCCs will be classified as honorless entities, classified differently than a standard clan. Any clan with at least one member from another company will be considered honorless meaning if they war or attack non MCC clans they receive no rewards on kills. And all kills on nonMCC players will detract from honor just like current game logic escalates the penality with each kill.

However, all MCCs can war other MCCs without penalty. This leaves some of the benefit for MCCs to exist but heavily penalizes them for their habit of warring everyone just to push (let's be honest here) kills. No penalty on defensive kills, no penalty on NPC kills. This allows groups of friends from differing companies to play together as long as they don't war non-MCC clans nor attack same company players (ideally penalizing anyone in the group from benefiting from a same-company kill, with escalating penalty). One problem point.. the workaround of paired players from two companies trying to initiate the attack on the opposite clan then the same-company players joining in and sharing rewards on a kill could be addressed this way so that avenue could not be exploited. MCCs can freely war each other.

I think this would remove some of the pushing and noob abuse while still allowing the MCCs to exist but in a less toxic way. It also gives the MCCs a platform to continue competitive clan vs clan wars but while giving smaller, same-company clans protection from OP UFE MCCs.

Just a thought...

-axl100- and badwon[spt] like this.
  2. Just remove the ability to shoot your own company members unless you are at war, simple. Lets be honest here who really REALLY needs to shoot members of their own company? Nobody does unless they are simply bullying people! Take the ability to shoot your own company away from the game and then people can make as many MCC as they like because nobody will care anymore as MCC will be totally pointless!
    Nobody needs to shoot their own company! Its a pointless feature in this game and one which other players use to bully people from their own company.

-axl100-, _oversoulpaul_ and cs70 like this.
  3. Lithinir

Lithinir User

"The most interesting part for us is the discussion around potential solutions. As mentioned in the dev blog in an ideal world our aims would be to do the following:
    • Remove MCC.
    • Keep company activity relatively balanced.
    • Allow friends to continue playing together.
    Finding a solution that meets all 3 requirements is proving to be tough."

---------------------------------------------------------------

1) Removing MCC
    - First and foremost, multi-company clans have ruined the very foundation of the game. This is a game of PvE and PvP. To begin the game, we are given a choice between three companies: MMO, EIC, and VRU. Now, the whole reason for these companies is that we are in a competition against the other two companies, whether it be in events or simply the company rankings. The fact that players from, say, EIC and VRU can team up together to take on both MMO and *other* EIC and VRU is simply disheartening, especially when they can formidably control any event and pick and choose who can participate. I understand that MCC's came about because of dwindling server populations. HOWEVER --- now that the merges have happened, there is absolutely NO reason for MCCs' continual existence. Now, first order of business: REMOVE MCC's immediately.

2) Keep company activity relatively balanced
    - Seeing as how we have theoretically removed MCC's immediately, let's take a look at company activity. It's funny you seem to care about companies yet let clans roam free past their borders. It's dumb, frankly. Should not ever have let this happen. But I understand how they came about. But let's work together to fix this monumental issue! Companies, to put it bluntly, are always practically even. You have UFEs flying around, you have noobs, and you have everyone in-between. Sure, some companies have maybe a thousand or two more players but how many of those are truly active? Not a lot. The company balance isn't an issue, and WON'T BE an issue with this following bullet point:

3) Allow friends to keep playing together
    - Simply allow a one-time FREE company switch with no time limit to do so. No honor loss, no Uridium charge. Just let the players re-arrange for free where they want to be. Say an MCC is EIC/VRU but when given this opportunity, they all want to be EIC. Well, then they switch for free, and continue on in their company clan. Easy. The companies will balance themselves out with this. People will want a change, or not. The laws of averages will balance out, I seriously don't see a need to worry about this. Friends will choose to play with who and where they want if given the opportunity for a free company change ONCE and only ONCE. They must be very sure of where they wish to play once MCCs are gone.

Some follow-up ideas:
    - Do not allow alliances with clans from other companies; only wars and *ONE* NAP available per clan PER rival company. You must pick your friends wisely this way.
    - Perhaps change the maximum # of members of a clan to 60. Fifty seems just way too low, in my opinion. Especially now that servers have merged.

--------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to read my ideas. I've been playing Darkorbit consistently since 2007 and right now is the worst I've seen in terms of in-company hostility and clan wars, and it's all because of MCC's. We must get rid of them for the sake of the game and for the sake of everyone's sanity lol. To be quite honest with you guys, I don't see what the big hold-up is in changing MCCs. You acknowledge it's a problem and the solutions are clearly there. Let's get on this and get this game back to being how it was supposed to be: company vs company vs company vs aliens!

Edit P.S. - Being in a company should come with pride and loyalty. MCCs stomp on this notion and throw it in the garbage. Clans are part of companies, not the other way around.

4. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

1. How would you stop players from different companies "teaming up" to dominate events and such?
    What incentive is there for players to "compete" against each other as part of a company? 10% extra when selling cargo, sorry but that is laughable even to new players. My noob account I thought selling cargo might help.. After two hours I had made 3 million in cargo, add 10% = 3.3 million to bid on a BO2 that sells for between 25 and 30 mil. If DO wants players to show "loyalty" to their company, there needs to be decent rewards for that loyalty.
    If MCC were disbanded and each clan forced to join a single company, what would stop the top clans who are now allied all joining the same company? We have in the past seen what happens when one company dominates, it is not much different to what MCC do. In fact it can be far worse for new/newer players unless they choose the dominant company from the start. I remember the days when VRU dominated a certain server, I was MMO and it was what i imagine hell would be like to try and do anything outside 1-2, where at least you got a warning if VRU came into the map. Which they did on a regular basis. 4-5, 5-1 5-2 5-3 were totally out of the question, they were always full of VRU. Battlemaps were hit and miss if you wanted to do some boxing - you used a vengy and preyed you didn't get tagged.

2. Not sure if I understand the point you're trying to make here but I think i answered it in 1. There will always be a dominant company, which will have adverse affects on the other 2. MCC are here to stay, all we can do is hope DO implement some way of reducing their effectiveness.

3. Sounds good in theory and initially i would have agreed with you but the primary and major problem with this is "Rank". Player rank is company based. An EIC General may not have the rank points to be a General in MMO or VRU. As most MCC are very rank focused, by asking them to change companies you are asking them to give up their rank, or (worse) the high ranked players in the company they switch to lose rank because the MCC have more rank points to bring with them. Talk about creating rifts in a company, some guy who is not in a clan has put in years to become a General in his chosen company and all of a sudden all these guys from an MCC switch to his company and he loses his hard worked for rank. WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE LEGACY RANKS.

As for Follow up ideas.
    Again, how would you stop clans forming alliances> You don't need to have someone set green to work with them. All you need is TeamSpeak or something similar.
    Increasing clan sizes i totally agree with (100 is a good number). Increasing the size of groups too needs looking at, 8 is just a very random number that just doesn't fit with today's game. 20 would be more realistic.

As I've said before, the easiest way to deal with company killing is to make the negative impact of killing your own company meaningful. If you are MMO and some guy from VRU is shooting you and 3 MMO help him they should ALL lose honour (except the vru guy of course) regardless of who gets the kill. That honour loss should start at 10% and double for each subsequent kill in a 24 hour period.

PS; I'm not trying to say your ideas are wrong, just trying to pint out possible unwanted affects of just removing MCC.

_oversoulpaul_, Odin® and MyBigi like this.
  5. @OP32 are you going to fix it? it's a big issue, just remove it all together PLEASE and see how it goes. Remove alliance with other clans that are not in your company too. At the end of the day, there's no point having three companies if you can ally with enemies.

6. _-Brute-_

_-Brute-_ User

if you really pay attention to whats going on these top mcc clans bot and run other cheats like autolock we are not stupid players like bigpoint thinks we are thats why alot of us dont spend any money anymore and also bigpoint we saw how you banned the bots last time and unbanned them a shorttime later with your oh so good bot detection this thread is months old and you wont do nothing about the mcc just like the cheaters just admit it

_oversoulpaul_, 7of9 and -uberpaul- like this.
  7. All you have to do is remove the ability to shoot your own company members and then make it so you cant join a clan that is in another company. Whats the problem here why is it taking so long!

cs70, 7of9 and -uberpaul- like this.
  8. Lithinir

Lithinir User

I'd say this could work too. Seems quite simple. Unless, of course, they are outlaws in your own company.

Whatever the logistics may be, make it happen. Remove MCCs immediately, they are destroying the entire fabric and integrity of the game. In this instance, it's better to remove it now and ask questions later.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 29, 2018
    _oversoulpaul_, cs70 and -uberpaul- like this.
  9. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

If the problem could be so simply fixed by just removing MCC I think it would have been done by now.
    The overall problem is far more complex than "just remove MCC".
    As i tried to say above, the problem goes much deeper than MCC, the game needs to be brought into the modern age. Players need a reason to fight for their company, just being in a company and seeing it at number one (if you know where to look) isn't enough. Being part of and fighting for a company needs to be rewarding, right now it just isn't.

Maybe if Devs worked on finding ways to make fighting for a company more enticing instead of making a new map (that looks like it was drawn by a 10 year old) which is really pointless to anyone but the newest players (of course we don't get a lot of new players because the game currently has nothing to offer them).

_oversoulpaul_, -uberpaul- and Odin® like this.
  10. They should cancel MCC ability immediately.
    it is unfair in special events as well to the clans that protect and let their cross company friends hunt their own company in maps.
    Since the merge this has become a larger issue that needs more attention than some new map.

11. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

While I agree the issues surrounding MCC have become more visible since the merges, I still don't think simply removing the ability to form them will "fix" anything.

I was in 1-6 a couple of days ago, a certain clan was there protecting their base (an MMO base), that wasn't really a problem on its own. Problem turned out to be, they had 4 "friends" who were not in any clan in system with them cubing. We didn't know they were friends with the base holding clan until we tried to drive them out of the system. we quickly went from 4 vs 4 to us (4) vs 9 (4 enemy and their 5 friends who owned the base). Only being able to shoot 4 of 9 players attacking you without losing honour, is just totally broken and of course the MMO guys were smart enough not to fire upon any of us until one of their friends had - Giving them a free ride to kill their own company with no consequences.

Ok this isn't exactly and example of MCC - But it is a good example of what could happen if MCC are removed. You will never stop "friends" teaming up to do an activity and imo never should.
    What we need to address is the issue of company killing without consequences.
    As I've stated in other posts - If company killers faced real consequences it would take away much of the overwhelming power MCC currently hold. Consequences should be for anyone involved in killing someone from their own company unless at war, whether or not they get the kill should not be relevant, firing upon your own company needs to be addressed. And sooner rather than later.

Zombie - Think about how many MCC members you could pop if their "friends" from our company could not help them XD

12. Yes lol, Plus the CBS situations in other maps MCC means MCC CBS stations, my current 2 wars was not even waged by us but by server bully types I just keep killing and killing.

13. Azenomei

Azenomei User

"If the ability to be an MCC is removed then there is a high chance these players would create 3 separate clans, alliance them together and act like nothing had changed."

Why even allow different company clans to form an alliance? This game is MMO vs EIC vs VRU.
    Same as in company war. I really hated those when i played a few years ago. Always the same clan that renewed the war against all clans and not allow us (the same company) on the pala field. Good for bussines because no free gg spins, but bad for the game.

cs70, _alien10_ and _oversoulpaul_ like this.
  14. fasfaf3321

fasfaf3321 User

My ideas :
    1. Every company should have the same amount of people, so if on MMO there are less people free switch to MMO, and no one should be able to register on other companies only on the company with the smallest amount of players!
    2. Just delete MCC, years before I had friends on other companies I was killing them they was killing me we still was friends and that was the best part!! This MCC are created cause of toxicity no one wants to get killed so better stay together with the strongest! Toxicity is never good for games!!
    3. After you delete MCC, different company clans should not be able to make anything with other clans! They can still remember the taggs and not shoot each other? Create seasons like everygame, everyweek the top players who have killed the most enemies have awards and weekly lasting titles! They would kill everybody for this awards!
    4. MOST IMPORTANT THING! Help new people! Everyone who starts leaves because he gets killed 432424 times after 5 minutes of gaming!!
    Create new quests everyoneshould be able to have a leonov/goliath 8 iris, shields and lf3 this is the minimum is priceless! And dont let people under lvl 17 get shot from no one! Create more events for helping this people! And people between same companies must not be able to shoot eachother! Because everytime i see people getting aliens stolen from big players!

AND ACT AS SOON AS YOU CAN BECAUSE TIME GOES AND FRUSTATION COMES EVERYDAY MORE

_alien10_ and -uberpaul- like this.
  15. i just came back to the game after not playing for 6 or 7 years and i personally think this is the worst ideas brought to the game all it does is cause issues within each company kinda kills the point of the game doesn't make sense to me to see vru members kill other vru over an eic player thats in vru uppers, companies shouldnt mix just messes stuff up

16. @OP32 On November 11th I asked you (since you started this thread) if this problem was still being worked on. I see that over a month later you have yet to respond.

Is ANYTHING going to be done about these MCC's or not ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    ]Coldheart[ likes this.
  17. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

MCC and the new BL-1,2,3 maps.
    It would seem over 1 year of feedback, ideas and suggestions has fallen completely on deaf ears.

What we have,
    Is red (enemy company) bases on BL maps
    MCC using their highest lvl members (24+) from other companies to drive others out of the maps

Quote from FAQ
    • 3 New maps, one belonging to each company.
    I'm sorry but this is not entirely true and should be fixed OR at least reworded to be accurate [3 new maps, that MCC can and will control at will]. There really is nothing like being in a small (3 to 5) group shooting invokes (or any other npc in there) and suddenly have 3 or 4 top ranking (24+) players from another company land on and kill you, over and over.
    Between the Invoke (30k), attend (17k) and whatever these top/oldest players hit for - It really isn't much of a fight, just free (pretty much risk free) kills for the top, strongest, most experienced players in the game.

The new content, at least for lower level players, was an ideal opportunity for DO to reduce the impact MCC have on an aspect of the game - Instead they handed it to them on a silver platter.
    Did DO really think the bullying play style used by - many - MCC wouldn't find its way into the new maps if they were given an opening?

I honestly don't understand why game developers ask for feedback on an issue if they are going to completely ignore it.

18. Well i have been on those maps and sometimes i see nobody there so that would be the perfect time but yeah when you play only a couple hours every couple days just feed for the UFE .

]Coldheart[ likes this.
  19. So how long is this going to take? Multi company clans should not even be an option! Shooting your own company members is something no one ever needs to do in this game unless their aim is to bully a specific player for some reason! Alliances with clans from other companies should not even be a feature in this game! Every day that goes by players are getting madder and madder! The only people who are benefiting from all of this are the top clans, they are taking advantage of the fact the game allows this to happen and they are destroying the game for all of those who are trying to play it the way it was originally designed to be played.
    We cant take part in any of the events as they are simply a mess! Only people playing them now are MCC and to be honest spaceball is now just a great way for these clans to push hundreds of kills off each other and get away with it.

Take away ability to shoot your own company or make the penalty so severe it just is not worth it
    Do not let clans recruit members from other companies
    Do not let clans be allies with clans from other companies

The top clans on all servers are MCC and they are taking the mick out of this game and its developers, the way they are getting kills using members from other companies is basically a form of pushing and should be penalised.

20. Hi everyone,

So lately i was wondering what happened to the rumours of MCC beeing taken down.
    However as we all know this still has not happened and thats why i have decided to post this.
    Having played this game for years and having seen its good times and its bad times i must say the current times we're going through on Darkorbit might be the worst ever. Now i know not everyone will agree to this but this is my opinion. The reason i have this opinion is because not only are we seeing a increase in botters and auto lockers but as others might agree MCC are arguably the main core of these events. Most of the bots are run by players who are a part of a MCC. We (the players) know this but as we all know Darkorbits Dev's/Support don't or are very good at denying this. There for my opinion on what should happen.

Step 1: Let MCC members switch to the company their clan is stated as and removing the possibility of there beeing any EIC's, MMO's and VRU's in a clan with members of a rival company.

Potential problems according to some: Company's might become unbalanced.
    My opinion on this: Having played this game for years there is one thing that always stayed the same... Company's were unbalanced, however members of each company would always find a way to let their company shine so i don't see there beeing a way of this actually becoming a problem.

Step 2: Removing the possibility of a EIC, MMO or VRU clan to have a NAP or Ally with a clan from a rival company.

Potential problems according to some: Friends won't be able to play with each other if they are from a rival company.
    My opinion on this: Let's face it... This can't be considered a problem seeing as they have been given a chance to go to the same company.

Step 3: (If lets say a VRU shoots a MMO and that VRU is friends with a other MMO that friend might help him shoot his own company) they should be punished for doing so even if they don't get the kill.

As i don't see a reason for someone to claim there could be a potential problem to this im just gonna start with my opinion to what this punishment shoud be and why this punishment should be there. There will always be players that will shoot their own company to help their friends from a rival company even if given a free chance to go to the same company. There for if such a situation happens i find they should be punished for shooting their own company even if they dont get the kill. The punishment i would say would be suitable is the same as killing a own company member aka a honor reduction that goes up the more the player does this within a certain amount of time. However this punishment should only be apply'd if the players from the same company are not at war and if the one that gets shot by the own company member and the enemy actually gets shot down.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Keep in mind: This is my opinion, a opinion that some might share and some might not.
    A bit of advice i most likely do share with many others is that Darkorbit should make it a priority to solve this MCC problem as soon as possible and not let us wait another year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.