Multi-Company Clans - What to do?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by OP32, Nov 7, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I just discussed with other people and we had some ideas for you!
    1. Remove definitely the MMC clans, espelling the actual members that are from a different company of the leader.
    2. Remove the possibility to change company at any time. Players will have a period of time in wich they can change their company with no malus (5000 uri, 50%honor) and they have to think carefully about it. Altough, you (developers/moderator) will unlock the option of changing company in specific situations as companies balancing.
    3. The players of the same company will not have the possibility to attack each other, disabling pvp for same company players unless they have a clan war.
    4. War between clans of different companies will no longer exist since they are already enemies and MCC will have been extinguished.
    5. War between clans will always have the duration of 100 days, but during events will be suspended in order to give priority to the company. If one of the 2 clans wants to win, has to demonstrate it playing harder, not with the sabotage of the other clan as killing them in difficult situations.
    6. Introduce a "duel-feature", in order to permit players of same company to challenge eachother. (Players will send the request of activing pvp and the other player has to accept it in order to activate the function)
    7. Clan of different companies cannot have alliance but only PNA (wich cannot be put anymore on clans of same company)
    8. PNA will also be suspended during events in order to give the same opportunities to all the people of each company.
    In my opinion these ideas are very good options!

OP32 what do you think?

-Tyrant-002- and Odin® like this.
  2. We are dealing with it yet again on my server East 1.

The MCC problem we have has gone on for years.

Players change their names constantly to confuse folks in the game. You have mmo ships with the same name as a vru or eic who cloak and uncloak in maps. They know that using special characters in their names wont show in the game client. Of course that's a glitch and using glitches... Nah they are cool.

They come in with several cloaked ships who provide shared boosters. They are not flying said ships as they bought them (sure no one knows who bought well known top 100 ships in our server) and use them to attack other players. Because DO added booster sharing and ability sharing across companies in the groups guess whats being exploited? Yup you cant tell the blue dots in your port are enemies repping the red dot tearing up your station.

Bases. Yeah Just look at base defense and the MCC clans who figured out sending an mmo in to hit an mmo base (yes DO fixed that at some point) so players get killed while the base sits dormant.

Again the simple solution is to make all clan members 'outlaws' when they have other company members in the clan. Members are stuck for 24 hours to reap the reward of not following their company. Being an outlaw should negate boosters and event prizes. They *ALL* say they form MCCs for a 'challenge'. Well give them the challenge. Its what they want. As long as they are MCC and attacking their own company that's what they should be. After all that's what happened in the past to regular players shooting on their own company.

The∞Ancient∞One and Odin® like this.
  3. I have seen many good responses on this thread, I'll state what I believe would be a good option to fixing mcc as much as possible. First, allow players a time frame to switch company once without the loss of honor, that's pretty much a given. Second, for the players who do not switch, they will be automatically removed from their clan. Third, it's pretty obvious a lot of these guys are friends, and will ally among several small clans, probably one in each company, and still act as a MCC clan. So to eliminate further exploiting of this, change the CBS/bases so that they shoot the enemy companies, no matter if they are napped or ally. This way 20 ships from 3 companies cannot sit on a base during prime time. Please don't ignore the fact that large ufe clans will still bully the events, noobs need to be given non pvp zones, where they can earn uri (all npc give 2x the uri) until they earn 3 million uri, then they will lose their pvp protection. This will eliminate a good amount of "farming noobs". I know people will say "we all had to deal with it as noobs" but its significantly more harder being a noob in today's game...i would say without spending money, it's impossible to be competitive .

Don't ignore botting, something needs to be implemented to discourage botting, but at the same time..if you hand out bans, you'll ban 75% of your already small population. It needs to be addressed either way.

CBS/Hull base glitch- There is a glitch where you can repair your cbs right before it's going to pop, all the way to 100% hp/shield instantly, as many times as you want. Not many know it, but it makes it impossible to take a base if someone in that clan knows how to do it.

Something else that needs to be addressed, the outfit boosters that you can obtain anywhere in the map with outfit members, it needs to be changed as it used to be, or completely removed, it's unfair to solo and smaller clans)

I wanted to make note of another issue, that even if you fix the mcc, there is still another problem darkorbit created- companies will not work together again like they used to because all of the large clans will still want to be selfish, this is become of double gate day/hades and the additional honor/ep from bases.

Give people a reason of wanting to hold the b maps like the old days, increase the uri in boxes if you can figure a way out to eliminate bot programs.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    PuckerUp likes this.
    • Im 1 leader of Multi Company clan and i dont like Mcc Clans coz i feel how it Work and if u wanna My Feed back Do it Send msg for all The pilot In the Game u Have 1 Week For Sw or u get kick From The Clan and IF u Switch Company You Want Lose Honor Or Rank So all This People Who Have High Rank And Wont Lose It Can Sw Easy And All Will Like It ... Just Put It on Discord and U will See how manny Will Feed Back On It ;):oops:

4. BadDNA

BadDNA User

Excellent topic and thanks for getting into this.

The MCC is an extension of the larger problem of some groups of people will dominate an event, map, etc... and not allow others, especially new players, to participate. This is a huge problem because it does drive people away from the game, and makes it generally annoying for others.

One thing that does need to be understood is that DO is NOT just a game of PVP. There are many people that play this game that hate PVP. People play for different reasons, and while you cannot solve all the problems at once, an attempt should be made to make it more enjoyable for many.

I have one simple solution that would be a huge step forward in addressing these issues.

Make a booster that is an anti-PVP booster. Something that will not allow another player to damage you, and you cannot damage them.
    Make it a 10-hour booster so once you commit to using it, you are stuck with it for a period of time. A person while using this booster would be able to PVE without issue, participate in events, do quests, everything except PVP. The person who wants to do PVP just needs to look for another target. The color of the ship (or some other graphical indicator) could change so people would know just by looking at the ship if it was participating in PVP or not.

The people this would annoy the most are those who fly around the lowers looking to pop people who cannot defend themselves.

5. I love a bit of both <3 PVP & PVE, that is!:D

6. look at this images at the end of this post please, happened moments ago on usa east, that is one of the two mcc that keeps shooting player off the demaner or hitac, the other mcc being xxx tag, as i already said:
    i wouldnt mind spending 10 000 uridium on a chip or booster that gives 10 INGAME hours of pvp protection, that you lose if you jump to pvp maps or atack an enemy ship, also, for mcc, this:
    mmc cant have nap or ally pacts, they cant have more than 1 base on the entire universe, if 1 eic is atacking a vru, and this mcc member atacks vru too, but he is vru, he will get the full punish, even if he didnt get the kill.
    2 images:
    (1)[​IMG]
    (2)[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  7. _-Brute-_

_-Brute-_ User

thats a great idea about the boosters and i hope bigpoint looks at those images so they can see how this clan bullys these events nobody can make any rewards but them and since this is how its gonna be im done spending money on the game

Odin® likes this.
  8. MCC's are killing US1 they've caused many players to quit playing on the server little by little they make any event impossible as they keep everyone from participating and if something isn't done soon there wont be a need to do a server merge as the only players who will be left are those in the MCC's. This has gone one for over two years now and absolutely no one seems to care.

Tarron, -oversoulpaul- and Odin® like this.
  9. Varoid38

Varoid38 User

Easy, first, automatically un alliance anyone who's already allied with a clan that has other company members in it, and let them re ally if they want to, that way they don't unknowingly get affected, secondly, make it so that anyone in a clan that has other company members in it or is allied with another company membered clan lose honor from killing ANYONE they aren't at war with, and then make it so they can only have 1 or 2 wars at a time so that they can't just declare war on literally everyone. And make it so in the diplomacy tab clans look red if they have members of another company in them.

Next of all, make it so you don't have to kill the same company member a huge number of times in order to lose enough honor to become an outlaw, increase the honor penalty from that a LOT. Right now in order to keep coming back to the same spot knowing you're gonna die if you do just so they'll eventually lose honor and become an outlaw you'd have to get banned for pushing because it would take so many times for them to lose a significant amount, I've had players of the same company who have been able to chase me out of a sector by just killing me, then if I came back enough times for the honor decrease to matter I would of been banned for pushing so I ended up just having to leave. The honor decrease literally didn't matter at all to them. What company people are doesn't matter if they don't care at all about the punishment for killing their own company.

Third of all, make honor mean something again, make it worth enough that people will have reasons to have it other than so they can rank up and not be outlaws, slightly increasing how many credits you can get from cargo isn't a good enough reason to seek after honor, make it so that if you get enough cargo can be worth uridium and other stuff too.

Also, for people who just make it so that they don't ally but have an unofficial alliance, have a mod police force that sees clans that do the stuff multi company clans do, and force-alliances them so this will work, but doesn't punish them in any other way.

Honestly though, the server merge will probably take care of this stuff anyway.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  10. Hi All I vote for option one.

1. Free company swap period followed up by removing MCC.
    One of the ideas we've had is to have a period of time (e.g 1 week) where players can move company with no penalties. After this period of time is up, MCC will no longer be possible in the game and any clan members who are not the same company as the leader will be removed from the clan automatically.

The positives of this are that players can all join the same company and be with their friends without feeling like they are being punished (e.g honor lost) for doing so.

The negative would be that there is a large disturbance in ranking structure.

If players are given time to switch companies there need not be a disturbance in ranking structure.

Also do not delete any clans period!

11. # <Script Start>
    var %player <Player Name>
    var %clan <Player's Clan>
    var %warclan <Clan of which is being warred by %clan>
    var %warclancompany <Company of which %warclan is affiliated with>
    var %playercompany <Company of which %player is affiliated with>
    var %companyaff <Company of which %clan is affiliated with>
    var %clanbattlestation <Variable is set based on true or false depending if %clan has a Clan Battle Station>
    var %playerhonor <Current honor of %player>
    var %honordeduction <Honor to be deducted based on calculation of current honor system>
    var %assist <Returns true or false depending if %player has just assisted in killing another player>
    var %assistedplayer <Player of which was assisted in killing another player by %player>
    alias -$ MCC {Multi Company Clan}
    alias -$ stationtarget {Battle Station Attack ship based on value of %player}

on :*:MCC:?:{
    If (%player isin %clan) && (%clan == $MCC) && (%warclan == $true) && (%warclancompany == %playercompany) {
    return {$calc(%playerhonor - %honordeduction)}
    }
    elseif (%player isin %clan) && (%player !isin %companyaff) && (%clan == %clanbattlestation) {
    return {$stationtarget(%player)}
    }
    elseif (%assist == $true) && (%assistedplayer == %clan) || (%assistedplayer == %playercompany) {
    return {$calc(%playerhonor - %honordeduction)}
    }
    }
    }
    # <Script End>

Have fun deciphering that folks.

The devs should get the idea of what it means lol.

Regards,

LAGI.

Tarron and The∞Ancient∞One like this.
  12. LOOOL who hurt your feeling this hard

13. Odin®

Odin® User

http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/clan-faq.820/
    Needs updating for Clarity and Transparency.
    There's a 4th option to MCC clans and they are called the "Militia" a military force that engages in defeating Bullying activities is a possibility ' Members of such clans will have a special tag such as those players that acquire the [Outlaw] Tags . This concept can also apply to MCC clans . Militia/MCC clans cannot have Alliances/NAPS with each other ONLY War but these clans can still be Multi Company Player Clans and have NAPS , Alliances and Wars with Rival Companies.
    Militia and MCC clans may not war their own company affiliation that of their clan leader ie. If a MCC/Militia clan has an EIC Company Affiliation and the Clan Leader is MMO Affiliated of that particular MCC/Militia clan they cannot war any MMO clan. Another example is if a MCC/Militia clan has a Company Affiliation set as [ALL] they cannot war any clan of any company. Once a Clan Leader you are leader for life. The Clan Leader may Transfer Leadership but in doing so he/she will automatically be dismissed from the clan for a period of 30 days. If that user wishes to change their username and switch companies he/she shall pay the penalty for switching companies. Clan leaders of MCC/Militia clans need to have a base Experience Point of at least 2,000,000,000 ep. This will discourage MCC/Militia clans from creating user accounts with nothing to loose or recruiting new members to fill the role of Clan Leadership.
    Only clans that have all members of the same company can do Alliances/Naps/Wars against any clan of any company . Also the Length of the current War Duration should be turned back to the 10 day rule.
    Also the Protection Rule should be expanded up to the x-4 maps of each company. This will allow lesser ships to enjoy brief moments of all events that use the Hitac and Demenar or the possibility of future events of this nature. This will allow that player to safely fire upon the NPC without being attacked by Rival MMC/Militia/any Rival Company . Only same companies can fire on each other in the x-3 and x-4 maps if at War. If Rival clans are at War the Protection Rule is in effect for the no fire zone reverts back to the x-2 map when events are in progress. Event Wars can exist in the x-3 and x-4 maps , opening up the possibilities of Gate Wars again in the lower maps. ANY person that fires upon the NPC is protected from any attempts including Mines shall fall under the Protection Rule from being destroyed by any person so the Protection Rule needs updating/upgrading http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/protection-system-for-new-players.2057/ . Also there can be a Base 8 Wars monthly event similar to CBS Prime Time , where the Base of any base in the x-8 map can be attacked and destroyed. The Base is 20 times harder to destroy than a maxed out CBS and is automatically restored once destroyed and cannot be attacked again until the next months Base-8 Prime Time. Also attackers cannot jump chip or cpu jump or log out during the event. It would be like doing a gate. Now they can fly to the nearest jump portal and leave manually but to chip or log out during the Prime time is not an option. Any member of the company of the base that is being attacked logs in during Base-8 Prime Time is automatically under the Protection Rule and can jump or chip out or leave the x-8 map manually. They also have an option to choose to stay and fight. If they remain to fight the Protection rule is vacated until they are destroyed . If destroyed and they choose to repair and return, the Protection Rule is back in effect. Remember that the Server Mergers are beginning in January 2018

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  14. Gnorm

Gnorm User

Company affiliation is not enforced in clan membership. Clan members can belong to ANY company, regardless of what the clan "declares" itself to be. Company affiliation is only enforced by the CBS attack logic and the "honor loss from killing same company" logic.

So the term "multi-company clan" has to include more than just clans that declare "all companies"

An exceptionally good idea already posted - the enforcement of not killing your own company ships *regardless* of who gets the first shot.

Multicompany clans is not the "underlying issue" but it is the way the underlying issue is expressing itself. I have no doubt that you will do "something" - I really hope you will address the actual problem, instead of choosing to address the symptom.

I believe that the "underlying problem" is the non-enforcement of the long-established three-faction model.

The three faction design is a long standing and historically successful dynamic in MMO games. There is lots of psychological research behind it - and that is why nearly all MMO designs use the three faction mechanism. You see three opposing groups in nearly every MMO, regardless of the specific group designator. (Company, Faction, Species, whatever)

It is based on human nature and it has worked successfully for a very long time.
    In many games, once you choose a faction it is permanent. And "working with the enemy" is limited to spying, no combat involvement is even possible. In those games, actively shooting members of your own faction is not possible, and a "spy" is treated the same way a "traitor" is in *our* world - shunned at best and executed at worst.

In my admittedly limited gaming experience (less than 20 years) DO seems to have been an early adpoter of even ALLOWING a faction change. Allowing a combat group to form that makes it easy to kill members of your own faction? I've seen it done in other games - but never "within the framework" of the game itself. And it would be unthinkable in most games.

Your initial ideas about what might happen if multi-company clans were abolished... assume that nothing else would change. That CBS's would still offer the same clan-wide incentives to a MCC that they do to a single company clan, and they they still have the bizarre attack logic that says they're not really in ANY company.

In this game, multi-company clans suffer NO penalty. Single company clans receive no benefit. There is no incentive to follow the three faction design.
    Instead of abolishing multi-company clans - and facing all the complaints from people who choose to join one - how about remove the incentives? Or add some incentives to reward the behaviors that match the original "three faction" design. Or both?

Any "one time impact" is going to cause heartburn. Many years of "fixes" should have demonstrated this by now - the problem didn't "spring into existence" overnight and no solution that "eradicates it overnight" is going to be seen as "fair" by everybody.

That's the short version - the details follow with some generic ideas about what incentives might matter. (I realize that some people will just ignore a long post, so those of you who don't want to take the extra couple minutes, feel free to scroll down now.)
    = = =
    1. Currently - if a CBS has a booster, all clan members receive the benefit. Change that so that the benefit is only applicable to ONE company. Maybe base the "affiliation" of the CBS on the company of the ship that installs the hull. Or make it a "formal declaration" when the base is built. Allow the base to "change companies" but reset the booster ramp-up timer, just like when you replace a booster module.

This eliminates the multi-company "incentive" to own lots of bases for "gate boosters". They can still own lots of bases, but can't max the cumulative honor or experience boosts as easily.

2. Currently, the honor impact of a ship kill only applies to the first ship to shoot. And as mentioned in the previous post - change that so shooting ANY same-company non-war ship (even if you didn't take the first shot) costs honor.

No impact on single company clans - removes the team-death-squad benefit from multi-company ships when they are shooting at their own company ships.

3. Currently, there is no incentive for company loyalty. Perhaps add some benefit, based on cumulative playing time - that increases slowly and gradually as a ship "demonstrates its company loyalty". Maybe every XX hours of playing time, some incrementally larger buff or benefit. And again, XX hours later, another incremental boost. (Boosted HON, EXP, damage, shield, whatever.) A small increase in credit exchange rates would help the noobs ships who are trying to build their ships.

4. Currently, there is no incentive for single-company clans. Add something. It doesn't need to be "big" = but ANY incentive would be some reason for people to choose single-company clans over multi-company ones.

5. Currently, there is no incentive for a clan to be "durable". I have seen many instances where some group of "friends" (or perhaps some group of thugs?) will form a clan and declare war on everybody, just to have an opportunity to fly around shooting every noob in sight. These clans form in a few days, cause significant trouble on a particular server for a few weeks or months, then disintegrate once the rest of the server gets "fed up" and starts forming alliances to "smite the evildoers". It costs them nothing, doesn't require the price of changing companies - just a convenient feature to abuse.

This would discourage the formation of war-clans that form for the convenience feeding the hostility of their temporary members. Some mechanism to deter the creation of a "placeholder clan" that was created just for the purpose of accumulating age would be a good preventative measure - perhaps base the "clan durability bonus" on the consistent long-term growth of the clan members.
    This *could* also be a benefit for the truly new ships that appear from time to time - many of the older clans I've been involved in have a general attitude of "Help the noobs grow".

Longer lasting clans would also give people the opportunity to form NEW friendships instead of just sitting together in a closed clique.
    Perhaps another slowly incrementing time-based buff, which would continue to grow for the clan but gradually increase for individual ships over some period of clan membership. (Example - the clan tax payout mechanism limits the benefit to "new members" but reaches "100%" after a long enough time, but the "100%" would be capped at whatever the clans accumulated benefit happened to be.)
    If this was only possible for a single-company clan, it would also encourage people to follow the three faction design.
    = = =
    By adding some incentive to stick with the proven three-faction design, you might not even have to "react" to the multi-company clan dynamic. It would not be a "sudden" change, and the volume of complaints would be balanced by a different group of people who appreciated it... historically most of the symptom based solutions that have been implemented in the game have taken the approach of "punish everyone equally" in order to punish the small percentage that were actually causing the problems.
    = = =
    I won't argue that "multicompany clans of friends" don't exist. But I have seen very few of them. In my experience, the usual reason that a multicompany clan forms is as a mechanism for the most aggressive players to band together and express their aggression across an entire server. Aggression is good - to a point. Uncontrolled aggression - in an environment where the server populations are small - is very difficult to deal with. There are servers where I've logged hundreds of hours, only to abandon them because the "environment" is so hostile that the game (for me) becomes unplayable. If we're not having "fun" - based on whatever we measure as "fun" - then none of us would be here.

Good hunting,
    ~Gnorm
    USA3/East2

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  15. Ditto...
    However, I would like to ask where is Saturn? Seeing as that is the 'hidden' company on this game! You may as well merge three servers and make each server a whole company with their ranks intact....And to add 'spice' introduce the company that hasn't been mentioned since the start of the game and is written in to the story... Its not rocket science?

To summarize.
    Merge 3 servers and give each server a company
    Add an additional rank and company Saturn (newbies can join any)
    If players dont like it they can join saturn

For instance GB1 Venus. GB2 EIC. Timbucktoo MMO. & Lastly new company (clean ranks) Saturn. :D

The∞Ancient∞One likes this.
  16. Odin®

Odin® User

There needs to be penalties in place to disrupt/moderate a balance between players that play w/o using a wallet and for those that use a wallet. Switching companies is a penalty period for ALL players period . There is no one "Special" and for Ranking , get out and earn to keep your rank . Since DO is merging SERVERS starting in January the ranking formula that is in place will screw everyone up. There are folks posting here on this thread that I have known for years and when "WE" first went thru the first server UPGRADE not a MERGE hundreds and hundreds of folks lost so much rank points it was ridiculous. I was a Full Blown Major back then and now I work my ass off to rank up to a Chief Lt.
    Back then the server UPGRADE was to introduce the "New Ranking System" along with the 3D and a slew of new cpu applications and graphic enhancements. That system was doing good for yrs and the players we're becoming very creative in gaming style of playing. I currently rank 49th in clan rank with 23 players with 2 inactive : reason being inactive [1 Active Military and 1 Disabled Desert Storm Veteran.] On the USA East-1 server. 4 of the top 10 players on the server I play has/have started or passed thru my second clan [ODIN] over the years. Respect gets a person a long way in this game , that includes working with MCC clans and their members and working with my alliances and naps is a bonding that fills in the gaps That is why I'm a clan owner.
    DO is not Deleting ANYTHING. I have ships on other servers and when the 'Merge" occurs depending which account goes to what MAIN SERVER I will always have my ship creations being merged to their new server/s
    Merging the Servers and Players will be Gradual to ensure Optimal performance for their investment banking investments and our time credit contributions during the use of Bandwidth . We the players are the "Backbone" of the DarkOrbit .... "Management" is the "Key" .... Have fun and be safe.
    Ĩηfámőúś® aka
    Odin®

ΣVÏŁ_ŠİŦĤ likes this.
  17. anduril

anduril User

I think multi company clans have been bad for DO for years now. The current hitac event is a perfect example. On my server there are usually at least two friendly MCC doing the event and shooting down anyone not in their clan(s) that attempt to participate. It is so bad many players just give up - why try to participate when you get shot down all the time? Other MCC issues occur on maps like x-6 to keep you off cubes, or x-7 to keep you away from building resources to get into Q-zone. I wonder how many players have given up on DO because they are effectively shut out of playing the game and participating in events to obtain rewards? In my experience it is these ultra powerful MCC that cause this strife and ill feelings toward this game.

So getting rid of MCC would be a huge positive change for this game in my opinion. But you should also make certain that alliances can not happen between clans that are in different companies. NAP, sure. Alliance no. I can think of no good reason to allow alliance between clans in different companies. But if it is NAP only, if you shoot a player in your company you get negative honor, and ships not in your company are fair game, as it should be, right? Otherwise why are there companies anyways?

I don't care for the idea of allowing pilots to change company if/when elimination of MCC takes place. We picked our company when we started, and should remain true to that company. If you want to change up, pay the URI to do it or start over. That is fair to everyone.

If you make this change will people be mad? Yes! But people will be mad with any change that is made. Remember when DO eliminated the need to buy hangers? I was mad at first because I spent URI (money) to buy hangers, but now I have more ships and hangers than I ever would have purchased, which is great. Thank you :)

Perhaps if you eliminate MCC and non company alliances you will find more pilots playing DO and much more participation in events because the "playing field" will become slightly more balanced, especially for new or new-ish pilots.

I think it is great that DO is thinking about this change and inviting feedback from the players. Great move DO !

anduril

18. Thank you for asking our opinions on this subject, as you can tell everyone wants to share on this subject!

I have to agree with the folks who would like to see MCCs go away. I have been playing Dark Orbit for pretty close to 9 years, first on the USA east1 server and now USA east 2 . I have seen so many new players discouraged to the point of quitting, because there is no longer a stigma for killing a member of your own company, as long as a member of your clan who isn't a member of your Company gets the first lock. Most MCCs have mostly ufe members, and beginning pilots are farmed for kills and most of the more experienced pilots whose ships are not as strong, pop trying to protect them.

The game was easier to participate in when companies competed to score in whatever competition was set on the schedule. Clans in the same company would work together to protect their players and their maps and everyone in the company had a chance to share in the rewards.when your company won a competition, all members of the company got a reward, double bonus boxes, etc. If a member shot his own company, he lost an ever increasing amount of honor at each kill, until he had none, and became an outlaw.

Increasing the time span of wars to 100 days have changed this as,once a war is declared you have 100 days to hunt members of your own company , all you need to do is find a clan with weaker members , declare war and you have a 'kill factory'for 100 days.
    If you are in a clan that has been warred by an MCC forget about any missions involving the featured alien , you won't get a lock before dying.

Yes I admit that I have never been very interested in PvP, preferring to hunt npcs to amuse myself. I would be very interested in a booster against PvP encounters. this would leave ufe players to compete amongst themselves for kills.

As for switching Companies without penalties, I would have to agree with anduril , we choose our companies when we started. When the members of my old company became more of a danger to me than those of the opposing companies, i spoke to members of both other companies and took the hit to my honor to join the company that appeared to take care of their weaker members. I have tried to continue their tradition of helping the new players in hopes that others would find Dark Orbit a congenial place to play. It helped that I was not a high level player as I was able to make up the lost honor in a relatively small period of time, but if players in a MCC wish to stay with their friends from opposing companies, loyalty does cost you something.

SolarQueen[R.R]

19. neoonoma

neoonoma User

"people can be clanless be in the same teamspeak, and tell someone to kill you off a cube if a same company is leaching, some people even function without clans, adding limitations to the multicompany clans in general wouldnt solve the case at all, as i said before, you can just leave the clan whenever you feel like you can benefit without it, the only way of doing anything is removing companys shooting each other"
    ^This.

Btw this thread was opened because mods were sick of people opening threads about this issue so they said OP32 to open an "official" thread about it. Kinda like the threads about bots or the unofficial:darkobit revealed.

Bottom line:
    -This thread is pointless.
    -Nothing will be solved until we have the ability to protect ourselves when farming (PvE and PvP mode). The modes every other MMORG has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.