[SC] New ammunition: Multiplies the regular damage x7 sad day

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -zombiedude-, Jun 13, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I guess the Devs have finally put us all in the grave.
    Now all the bots who have dozens of gates ready will be the end of about everything honest in game.
    Do you really think a new player will have the new ammo?
    Do you really think that the average person will now have any chance against the scripts and damage bots.
    New ammunition: RCB-140 (Rapid Chromin Battery)
    New ammunition: Multiplies the regular damage x7

Bad idea why not drop us a shield or 2 that can stand that kind of firepower.
    I am Uber FE and get poped in 2 shots sometimes thru ring of shields.

Type-0Z likes this.
  2. The company will always pander to the higher-ups.

Regardless, it costs 80,000 Chromin to make the new ammo. At a max Chromin, you can only make 20,000 of this new ammo and buying the Chromin, 8 packages will cost you nearly $90.

I'm not sure of the drop rates, but I highly doubt that it's going to be a high drop rate

3. x7 ammo is 16.6% dmg increase compared to x6 ammo.

Osmium 50% shield increase is 7.2% more shields compared to seprom 40% (1m base shield = 1.4m with sep and 1.5m with osmium).

Considering that only a small portion of damage comes from rsb/rcb so for example in 6 seconds and perfect combo:
    140k 80k 80k 80k 140k 80k 80k 80k 140k = 900k
    120k 80k 80k 80k 120k 80k 80k 80k 120k = 840k
    which is 7.2% increase in total damage while you have 7.2% more shield.

x7 ammo is not going to make your shields go down any faster, you are actually going to survive more now since you have more shield and only the top x % can afford the new ammo. And they will not be wasting it on people who are "getting popped with 2 shots" anyway.

(sure you can argue hp stays the same but this gives the general idea and I may argue that my dmg calculation DOES NOT include rockets, abilities mines etc so the real damage increase is less than 7.2%)

4. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

How do you get Osmium - It doesn't drop in gates and it can't be crafted. Is this a secret?

1 Zeta down - 760 Chromin = 105 Zetas to craft 10K of the new OP RCB-140

In the shop - 20,100 Chromin will cost $12.28 AU OR $49 for enough to craft 10K of the new RCB-140 (and you still have none of the new Osmium ore)

Darkomaani. - Doesn't matter how much extra shield you can get when the ore is not available...
    In fact it isn't even mentioned in the FAQ regarding the "event" (I so hate to use that word for what are simple money grabs for DO)

*Simple marketing - Sell an item at a reasonable price you will sell more than if you sell it for an unrealistic (money grab) price.
    Even the worst accountant can see $50 or 105 galaxy gates for 10K ammo is not good value for money.

IRON-THRONE likes this.
  5. Peace

Peace User

If you bought this new ore can it be taken off your ship when you get popped?. Just like the seprom.

6. Everything you said you know will go out the window time half the servers armed here.
    And yes when people use damage scripts they can kill million shields in 2 shots nooblet. Ohh ya lol

oversoulpaul likes this.
  7. Now that is a great idea. Palladium needs to be that way again also.

8. You no longer loose seprom when your killed and your carrying sep.

9. Pretty irrelevant complain considering the insane price of the ammo, even the biggest spenders and highest rank players don't buy it, I know all 3 chief generals, and every general in the server I play in, none buy nor assemble that ammo, maybe in the future it will be assembled once in a blue moon, if the event keeps coming out, but it's certainly not a concern, especially for a newbie player like the OP. This would only be used for top tier pvp players.

10. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Closing as thread is inactive.

EHD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.