New Auctions feedback thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Juturna, Feb 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batemitko

Batemitko User

The auction is just great it like real auction now you know what is the curently bid and its so cool when it will be released ?

2. very bad you should remove that where players can see the highest bid.You are crazy bigpoint -__-

3. It has it pros and it has its cons, personally i think its a step in the right way for getting new players in as the can then start to build up without having to spend money, However that being said, the amount of credits some people have will make it hard.

Its good for the people who are younger and don't have the real money to put on they can get stuff from the auction, Yet again the same thing Apply's, The amount of credits people have.

I also personally think the "Current Bid" is a very bad idea. That was the whole idea of the current auction, You had to have the credits to outbid someone But if they are basing this off real life auctions, then its correct, Still think its a bad idea though.

4. Xdeepstar

Xdeepstar User

Hello,

this is my 2 cents about the new auction system.

Things i like:
    1. I like the new auction format, where you can find what you want to spend your credits on.
    2. I like that you can bid on modules, elite ships and designs. it is hard to get all modules via booty boxes.

Things i don't like:

1. I don't like the idea when you will be able to see the winning bid, and the outbided player receives the credits as soon as hes outbided. In my opinion that will actually increase the price of every items that can be bided on (compared with bid on old auction items) and It will encourage a-last-minute-bids.

2. I don't like the static timer where you need to refresh page just to see how much time you have for an auction.

3. There is no cooldown booster. There is so much stuff there and Cooldown booster is not among them ...?!?

4. Mail limit. With the new auction you will be mailed for every won, outbided item etc etc. So if you bid for more items your mailbox will be flooded, and you might miss an important mail.

cupu.gan~thd1 and «XION4» like this.
  5. I got to agree the mail every time I win or outbid is not necessary for me.
    It takes awhile for the mail to load and sometimes it just does not work.
    In game pop ups from mail could freeze the page.

6. armandark

armandark User

I completely agree with deep star. The freeze time is the worst part, how can you have a non-motion time and time the bids lol? Also the getting the cash-back should be done after auction is over.

7. SauronL

SauronL User

really dreamy DO :) , i like it

8. βIG_DIP

βIG_DIP User

I say Yes to PET Gears and protocols... why? because the noobies need someway to catch up to all the UFEs everyone is putting so much money in the game that free players don't get a chance. If you want the game to gain more attention and possibly more revenue i say yes to protocols in the auction level 1 2 and 3 options need to be available as well. drone formations should not be on bid though. because drone formations are on higher demand than things like PET protocols etc.. only formations 75k and below should be up for bid. also the idea that everyone's going to know who is the highest bidder makes bidding almost impossible, but this is good because it guarantees high bids and lower losses for Big Point, So yes highest bidder and bid amount should be shown. I like everything I would just like to see PET protocols and Gears on auction. Please Please Please Big Point implement this auction system in DO as soon as possible. Also I would love to see you guys update the Clan Page Interface. because this old look needs an update

9. DJXL.SA.TX

DJXL.SA.TX User

I that we can now see how much someone bids. Nice like it, keep up good work.

10. Nice move need to see it very soon on real servers;)

11. What is so good about that? you want to place credits down for say 100,000,000 then someone with billions go "i dont think so" and outbid you? Nothing fair about seeing the bids placed.

12. It is a good update, bit disappointed because i paid uri for a lot of the items. However i do not like the fact you can see the amount the highest bidder has bidded

13. The update is good.

However, please add something other than just the ships and designs (modules barely count). Otherwise, it really isn't much. All this update will do is flip off anyone who worked hard to get one of the newer ships (I don't have one of the newer ships). That's it.

As it stands, this update will do almost nothing to anyone striving to be UFE or even advance. Having a weekly bid for a design is just ludicrous. Even if it were daily, it still wouldn't change too much. Everyone would just have the ship they want. We know that getting ships is dirt easy and essentially not the challenge at hand.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
    Oracle likes this.
  14. Well, all the things that can be bought for uri whitout events, bootykeys etc. should be aded to trade. Second. the nr. of logdisk, lasers, rokets, etc. can be doubled, or tripled...., an time to be shoon in real time, not just at each pagereload ot update a few seconds:D

15. love it but i do see the problem with people seeing what you bid you can easily be out bid by better players that don't want u to get it with that said maybe bid amounts should stay hid still as for the items up for bid...about time! lol looks good

16. I think you underestimate the prices these skill designs will go for. Hourly bids used to rack up to hundreds of millions of credits. Imagine how high week long bids will go for

17. Now, I missed out on being on the test server when this all went down. But I've come to the conclusion that because of the high demand of not showing the amount bid, Bigpoint will most likely take a vote on it. Secondly, there needs to be a whole nother filter in place here. If Bigpoint truly is trying to help out noobs then there should be a huge change with the way the auctions are structured. For example, Auction should be split up into 3-5 different "auctions, like somebody said earlier "higher levels unlock better items" However, after level 14 you should be able to get everything in my opinion... So split up the auctions by level. Have one auction for levels 1-6, another for levels 7-10, another for 11-13, one for 14-16 and then a last one for 17+. This simplifies the whole inflation issue that we are currently presented with at the moment. I think its in the best interest for Bigpoint to do this as it will draw more attention to the game and will make noobs want to stick around instead of bidding 500k for say a Iris and then losing because a lvl 20 lost one and decided to drop 5 bill on the noobs head. That doesn't exactly seem fair. I do think showing the bid could work in some cases but not others, for instance; hourly bids should be not shown, where as weekly and some daily bids should be shown too. This promotes a player to spend more time playing to earn the necessary credits to overbid someone. The auction has come a long, I'll give it that, but this update seems to enrage players more than it does satisfy them.

Just some ideas...

==ChancE==[SVEG]
    LVL 15 - FE - GB1

#BURNOUT# likes this.
  18. ONLY QUASTION, WHEN WILL BE NEW TRADE OPENED?
    w

19. i like it i was disappointed in the fact that there were not as many items added to normal auction but im o k with that, and everyone complaining about the you can see the bid, i think that makes it more like an actual auction so overall i think it is a good move to make to get more players in the game and to keep current players, who cant pay in the game

20. yes but that is ok because the noob gets the creds back my only complaint with the current one, is that to add on to a current bid you have to double it and add at least 10k more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.