New Auctions feedback thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Juturna, Feb 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in REAL life - you see who is bidding or up to what amount until conclusion of 'said' bid. Gong once, going twice - times up :p

2. Omega

Omega User

lf4 they said won't be in the auction.. only the uri items .. so no lf4 herc or havocs

3. They said only uri items, yet no all uri items are there and they also added non-uri items like base modules.

4. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Not necessarily. There are many auctions that have sealed bids. With a latest time for a bid to be submitted.

In "REAL life" auctions as you describe there is not an end time for the auction "Gong once, going twice - times up" at any point up to the gavel drop anyone can bid higher. So the standard sale room auction system is not relevant here.

I'm not sure what the intention of the update to show bids was, but I strongly doubt it was to help new players, or average players for that matter.

5. DJXL.SA.TX

DJXL.SA.TX User

Well, over all that is a good idea because if you really want it you know what to bid

6. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

People can bid at the last few seconds so "if you really want it you know what to bid" does not hold true.
    The only real difference is that winning desirable items with cheeky cheap bid will be rare or no existent now.

7. Omega

Omega User

what did i say.. why did u open this thread when u don't care .I have not seen one mod show up and tell us that they will or will not keep the current bid showing .or if they will put the rest of the uri items or they won't ..waste of time ..nice one DO ,, nice . lvl 2 players with 2 hours and bidding billions of credits .not just 1 so u can say they've got it from their friend's clan.. it even went up to 14 b ...

and what did I say ? I said that they won't put lf4s or havocs or hercs.. only uri . base modules.. I think its the only exception...

Last edited by moderator: Mar 10, 2014
  8. Is there an ulterior motive to the new auction system in showing the highest bids - I believe there. What better way for Bigpoint & DO to get us to part with our real money. How? is the question you ask.

Answer is fairly simple. By redesigning the auction system whereby not only is the highest bidder shown but also the highest bids, people know what is being bid. does who do not have the huge amount of credits needed to win the newer auction items or have clans which cannot or will not give the these credits, will have very little alternative but to buy these items with uridium - & if they do not have the uridium required, then they will have to spend real money getting the uridium.

So, alas, this appears to be a very carefully thought-out, manipulative, clever & devious tactic to get some players to spend money & others to spend even more!!

The game has become too unbalanced & biased in favour of those who spend lots of money & will probably become even more so later on if & when even better equipment, ships, ammo etc are introduced into the game - believe me, this will happen & could possibly be in the production stage even now.

ImAmNotPaRGo likes this.
  9. Bigpoint why you Even open Feedback Threads when you don't care what Customers say..

10. bunn95

bunn95 User

I have to disagree with you, I do like the putting of new items into the auction; however I am greatly disappointed at the getting rid of the blind actions because now you have what I like to call "leechers" who wait until the last minute to out bid you.

11. Um because we all received the credit hack in russian on GA1. i don't think, i know, it's russian.

12. last minute bid was still there when there was blind bid
    i always bid on last min only (sometimes i miss the bid because of this lol)

13. but people didn't have the option to knowingly outbid the person then.

14. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I think reducing the question as above is more appropriate. ;)

You only need to look at what happened with the major bot ban wave.

Bots could have been band completely a long time earlier than they were. When they got banned, it was only for 48hr and they did not loose honour EP or npc kill rank.

Instead they lost upgrades and bio, which in my cynical view was done to encourage the cheats to re-buy these for real money, rather than a representative punishment to fit the crime.

The CBS items being included in the new auction system will encourage significant uri spend to upgrade these items and potentials increase the wars for owning CBSs with the resultant uri cost to repair them. The net result is likely to be higher uri loss from players that are likely to spend real money for uri.

The players that are more likely to win items in the auction with the current changes are the WW or cheats, So WW that do not currently own the CBS modules will be suckered into spending the uri to upgrade and maintain them.

In reality we should have seen all items being added to the hourly auction over time like we did in the early days.

Instead we see selective items being introduced to daily and weekly actions, with the visible winning bid being brought in on the back of the new system.

In my cynical view:-
    I still see the same drivers being used to dictate new updates, that being profit at any cost to the quality of the game. Which sadly is counter intuitive, stopping DO from regaining its cult following and previous major profits.

All the effort to re-brand, spam newsletter subscribed ex players, and superficially imply a change in direction, is barely having an effect on week on week player numbers.

The auction changes clearly reflect this.

If DO really wanted to turn the game around for new players and the average player ( therefore ultimately, significant increase in player numbers, word of mouth advertising, and a significant increase in average spenders ) Then we would have seen all these items as well as, LF4s, upgrade tokens, Hercules, havocs, pets and pet gears and protocals, etc. etc. being introduced into the hourly auction.

sirpwnsalot34 likes this.
  15. βIG_DIP

βIG_DIP User

I must say you guys did a great job with this update showing bids is honestly not a problem and shouldn't be a problem to anyone because you get your credits back. i just really wish that maybe some day you guys would add PET stuff in maybe under daily bid?

If they did in fact put all those items in bid they would lose significant profit. all paying players would get REMOVED off because they paid money for those items and now they are up for bid. this would cause paying players to stop paying and as for free players they'll just stay free because they just need credits. the amount of money DO makes because of the LF4s is HUGE! imagine 40 LF4s thats about 4k booty keys. How much uri is that? 6,000,000 URI aka $600 and thats without upgrades. 4mill for upgrades is another $400. DO would lose thousands if they made everything on bid so they keep special items as URI only.

16. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Your response made me smile. :D:D
    Please take a moment to imagine the true scenario of all items being introduces into the hourly auction from today.

As you felt the need to respond in the way you did to my post, Please answer the following question:-

How long would you think it would take for a new average player to earn enough credit to get every UFE item for credit?

How long do you think it takes the average player just to get enough credit to win 8 iris, 31 lF3s, and 20 or so BO2s in the auction.
    The other items like extra items basic designs and basic elite ships are cheap these days so no need to consider them.

Also when did you start playing DO ?
    If it was back in 2007-2008 then consider what happened to the real money spenders when the BIO ( then subsequent updates ) was introduce.

Anyone that had spent ks of hrs and hundreds / thousands of £/$(other currency) real money to do well, with skill ( a major requirement back then ) in the game. That stopped spending when the bio came out, is now faced with flying little better than a peanut was back then.

Should we be given all the UFE items free, because we spent the money we did back then, to have the best equipped ships available?

I guess you must be a bully,
    as if you was not, you would welcome the chance for all player to slowly progress to an UFE ship ( noting that these days WW have a major advantage of a wide range of consumable that give a massive edge when fighting a UFE ship with no good consumables.)

I personal, fondly remember the time when I was a 3 iris veng, as the best time I had in DO as I was the underdog, but was able to do very well even 2v1 golis because I used tactic and skill.

DO you get a kick out of 2 shot popping basic FE ships?

Does it make you feel skilful ?

Does it give you an EGO boost?

If so do you not think, that is a bit sad?

Looking forward to you next reply considering the reality, rather than the selfish knee jerk reaction of you last post.
    :)

PS. Your point "the amount of money DO makes because of the LF4s is HUGE!" Not these days ;)

Why do you think DO final decided to ban bots ( I could debate this but its not relevant here ), manipulate players to subscribe to the new letter and make more subtle money garbing updates?

17. Turned OFF my mail system until the continued Dark Orbit SPAM regarding bids is taken care of. (have yet to do a test bid see if I get Spam even when messaging OFF) Kinda ticks me off a bit for such a thing. This constant mail is simply not required. Why the hell would I want to know that someone just out bid me 4 minutes into the damn bid hour?

Call me old fashioned but this sudden barrage of messages is simply non-sense.

What brain wave even came up with this idea?

Another "Regression" in this once fine game.

Peace :cool:

18. .Šuяaj.

.Šuяaj. User

Why was ACM mines reduced from 50 units to 10 units???

sirpwnsalot34 likes this.
  19. I want to share with you all, on GA1 the ONE PERSON and all his bids placed. I will not put his name, just the prices for every single thing.

AegisShips7,800,010,000
    SpearheadShips1,431,019,625
    CitadelShips61,000,010,000
    Aegis VeteranDesigns1,597,010,000
    Aegis EliteDesigns4,300,010,000
    Spearhead VeteranDesigns700,020,000
    Spearhead EliteDesigns1,700,030,000
    Citadel VeteranDesigns30,000,010,000
    Citadel EliteDesigns3,100,864,446
    Hull ModuleModules780,010,000
    Deflector ModuleModules790,010,000
    Honor Booster ModuleModules562,010,000
    Experience ModuleModules510,080,000
    Damage Booster ModuleModules520,010,000
    Repair ModuleModules770,010,000
    HR Laser ModuleModules570,020,000
    MA Rocket ModuleModules80,080,000
    LightningDesigns11,000,010,000
    SentinelDesigns2,230,010,000
    SolaceDesigns68,879,668,854
    VenomDesigns3,000,010,000
    Total: 207,620,912,925 Credits

This is the players stats.

PLAYER STATS
    PILOT RANK:Basic Sergeant
    POSITION IN RANK:8,219
    PLAYER LEVEL:13
    COMPANY:EIC
    PLAYING TIME:31 hours
    ACHIEVEMENTS:30
    RESEARCH POINTS USED:1
    Took screen shots too. I just need a website that's not photobucket so that my images stay full size.

Edit: Just looked in hourly bids.

G3N-7900 speed generator
    Generators111,140,000

SG3N-B02 shieldGenerators745,676,333

LF-3Weaponry731,175,710

Hellstorm launcher 2Weaponry111,120,000

MCB-50Batteries566,096,639

SAB-50Batteries566,096,639

PLT-3030Rockets and Mines266,096,639

ACM-1Rockets and Mines266,096,639

Cloaking CPU XLExtras618,030,000

Experience boosterBoosters618,030,000

Shield boosterBoosters1,018,030,000

Damage boosterBoosters618,030,000

Repair boosterBoosters618,030,000

Honor boosterBoosters618,030,000

Shield recharger boosterBoosters618,030,000

Resource boosterBoosters618,030,000

Hit point boosterBoosters618,030,000

SapphireDesigns566,096,639

JadeDesigns566,096,639

AmberDesigns566,096,639

I'm not totaling all that up...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  20. I think this was to increase use of the CBS which has been neglected by a significant portion of the userbase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.