Nothing Works! (Admins are aware of this. please post your concerns here)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by [ŁΦŁ]¤MΛІBΞΞ¤™, Feb 1, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Hi [PΛЯΛĐΘX]™, -HarleyD- did not "Referring to a team as flies"

-HarleyD- posted "I am sure that the whole team
    will be on it like flies"

the Idiom "like flies" means "in great numbers".

The issues with the back page is not stopping most from playing so in the most part in my cynical view, DO is not loosing major revenue from this issue, so it is not the major issue we are seeing it as.
    I'm betting the MHH will work just fine later today.:rolleyes:

2. -HarleyD-

-HarleyD- User

I wasnt referring to the team as flies, its a figure of speech along the same lines as "all hands to the pumps" or "like sharks on meat" it basically means that it will be given the highest priority and was not meant to be disrespectful to the developers. I am sure that the team will understand my comments ;)

I am happy to hear the game is working again. I am crossing my fingers that it continues to do so.

Regards

3. I know you didn't mean it in disrespect I just got an odd perspective at that time. :)

Someone must have been working hard this morning then in the office! Hehe.

4. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I'm crossing my fingers also, but it makes it really hard to play DO.:D

5. .D1™

.D1™ User

Again, its players responsibility to insure they don't lose there drones, no one elses. So, if a player is afraid that they may lose there drones, then they should stay somewhere where this is less likely to happen. Does this stink, yes it does. I'm not saying that the game being down is any fault of the players, as it isn't. But, with patches done to games, there are sometimes unforeseeable issues that arise. I have been playing BigPoint games for a little over 8 years and have grown accustomed to them.

6. dy357lx2k

dy357lx2k User

Just wondering if we totally missed Kronos event? I heard it was on but I couldn't get in to game at all. Tried to log on several time with no luck. Been waiting for Kronos for weeks with gates built so I am hoping that it wasn't on Saturday....

Cheers

7. Umm... I guess you can close this thread now?

8. Then it must be certain servers cause all of the servers I have accounts on not s single person has had this issue, nor have it.

9. I purchase Uri other day.. get 50% ep boost.. game not up to standards and can't play as planned..intention was to do high ep paying "new missions".. but no equipment page. can't get PET fuel so can't USE PET wich equates to a loss of 12k hitting power, no enemy locating, no 30% increase in sales of cargo. This is cost to me as a consumer once again waisted $$... do I get time back on the 50% ep boost?

Peace :cool:

10. PORG-44

PORG-44 User

Yup, you Missed the Kronos event which of course was on Saturday...I had gates built as well so am in the same boat. I've contacted Support politely requesting they run it again as so many people missed out..You never know, they may take pity on us:)

dy357lx2k likes this.
  11. I hope they do it next week like damn... I couldn't do my lambda cause it was stuck on back page, and DO took 400 GG spins from me that I traded for when this all went down

dy357lx2k likes this.
  12. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

Again What a naive response.:rolleyes:
    The back page was down for a significant length of time. Without being able to check, the potential for losing drone is significantly increased.

The thread was about the back page not working. The issues significantly affect the ability for many players to play normally, especial as it was not possible to see drone damage for drone 5-8 the apis and zeus.
    Therefore if a player did lose any of their drones 5-8, their apis, or zues. Then in part it would be down to the issues we were having with the back page.

But for the fact that it was not possible to check the damage on those drone, most if not any player, losing any of those drones, would most likely not have lost them.
    Therefore it would not, in this instance be suffice to say "its players responsibility to insure they don't lose there drones"

The length of time you have played BP games has no relevance on other players and the recent issue with the back page. Especial as DO has only been in this format for a little over 7 years.

Regardless if you could or could not see your drone 5-8 apis and zeus drone information, which I still doubt if you could, noting that the back page was fixed very soon after your post.

You chose to but into a post trial that was not related to you and you posted a statement that was false.

But for the fact you did not even bother to check this thread you would have seen your post was wrong.
    If you are going to post in such a way, at least check, because it does not reflect well on you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  13. dy357lx2k

dy357lx2k User

Cheers PORG. I will probably do the same as you. Can't wait another 6 weeks! ;)

14. Technically it wasn't false, for all we know, the noobs could of been crying about it cause you lost drones, when most people could for a 100% fact see it.

15. The simple solution to losing drones is to use the drone repair cpu, if you had it on both configs you would not lose your drones whether you know what the damage is or not. Of course you would have had to have it on before the back page went down as I did, I have never lost a drone since putting the drone repair cpu on my ship. It has saved me many times as I dont always remember to check drones in the heat of battle.

16. βΞŇŇ

βΞŇŇ User

that is a nice thought related to the drone repair cpu, but please remember that people lost drones before even though they had that cpu on, it's always safe to check your drones every 12 hours :)

17. -Pacman2-

-Pacman2- User

I can't believe you are continuing with this post trail.

I did not loose my drones, I did not even get popped for the duration of the back page problems.

Neither the other poster or myself are noobs by any stretch of the imagination and neither of us were crying about anything.

This is what you posted :-
    Once again below is 2 instances that contradict your post. Therefore you post was false plain and simple. (if we ignore the grammatical ambiguity of what you wrote.)
    If it makes you feel better then under these circumstances, Technically you are correct as no one had written the words "they can't see drones on hanger page", as we both were referring to not being able to see more than just the first set of drone information, so not being able to tab to the other drones information.
    But in this instance what you wrote would have had no relevance to my original post.

I can say for certain 100% fact you are not in a position to make this statement "when most people could for a 100% fact see it." as you do not have contact with even a fraction of the players. In fact "most people" do not even have access to the internet let alone play DO.

It is questionable if you even tried to see the drone information other that what was displayed on the first drone window.

I will also add the response from the poster I was debating with (when you butted into our discussion) would strongly suggest, he was also not able to see drone information other than for the first 4 drones.

So that is 3 out of 3 that actually attempted to scroll to the other drone pages and were unable to.

18. burkey

burkey User

As this post is for some reason I sticky, thought I'd reply here to same the game sucks again...! Back pages either don't load or take minutes and the space map Loading bar looks like D.O. is running through a 28k modem!!

19. -HarleyD-

-HarleyD- User

Closing as requested by Original Poster. Have a good day all and thanks for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.