[SC] Observations of a player returning after ~7 years

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by patch97, Apr 28, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. patch97

patch97 User

Hi,

I found myself revisiting parts of my childhood for nostalgia purposes recently. I used to be very active in this game for approx. 5 years until I left to focus on university.

It's actually painfully sad to see the game in this state. I mean imagine putting any equipment beyond basic behind a massive paywall and then PUNISHING players for farming aliens for too long.

How am I meant to get UFE without spending stupid amounts of money now? The restrictions put in place (Diminishing box rewards, diminishing NPC rewards) coupled alongside stupid RNG drop rates make it nearly impossible to progress meaningfully in this game without spending ridiculous amounts of money on what is essentially a dying game. I know this mechanism certainly punishes the illegitimate players more than the legitimate, but in my opinion even if you take 1 uridium away from a legitimate player because "they fell within your anti-cheat mechanism" then you have failed painfully as a software developer, and even more so as a game producer.

It's painfully obvious the reason this game is dead is because BP don't even care that it is dead, the revenue generated from the 5% at the top chasing fancy ranks and the latest OP lasers exceeds how much the 95% semi free to play players would ever spend. And that's all they care about.

Hopefully somebody can put me right and say "Oh no, you've got it wrong! BP have actually done a lot for this game since 2013!", but I honestly can't see a single positive addition. Just more greed.

2. Westra

Westra User

Well, welcome to the club buddy.Same problems here.

3. Actually it isn't behind a hard paywall, although you need way too much time without any money to achieve the high end items, so that the grinding becomes too boring.

Logging in and sometimes collecting bonus boxes was the best way for me (average Uri income: 8000 per hour along with 15 Extra Energy). You will get enough lasers from logging in since they put the Plasma-, Magmadrill or the Parity Drill ones there (but takes like 3 years though).

Their approaching against bots appears unusual, because they are basically punishing everybody. I think it's because they just don't have enough resources.

The log in rewards are neat though. And the Uri discounts (-90%) too.

4. patch97

patch97 User

Yeah I guess, I wouldn't mind grinding at the weekends for items but I hate seeing my uri rewards diminish for simply playing for too long.

What do you mean 90% discounts? I wouldn't mind paying for uridium to progress if it was a bit better priced. It's £90 for 330k here which is a lot of money for a game.

5. I´m on and off the game a lot and a lot has changed since I returned to play as well, so I understand how you feel- I felt the same way, you see all the things you missed and get overwhelmed.

However, and even though your point is valid and I do understand where you´re coming from, it may seem that everything is hard to obtain because you do not know the best ways of adquiring the new equipments. I invite you to join the DO discord server and talk to the players there. I will personally assist you if you want, I go by the name Calamity there. DM me and I will share with you what I told to other returning players about the main changes, new equipment and the most efficient and cheap way of getting it. Put you up to date basically.

To put things in prespective, if you were FE back you are 1/3 there already. Come by the discord and we´ll help you out, "old timer" :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  6. This game does not punish illegitimate players just check the rankings for eternal gate as you will find enormous amount of uridium and rank points. At the start of the event RP needed for Chief major in EIC was 6,198,759 and by the end of the event the requirement jumped to 10,268,807 nearly a 4 million RP difference. Now as for you being a returning player the only thing $$ buys is rank points which is climbing above WW levels.

You just need to play with a dependable group or clan and work on the stuff you need.