Old UI screens

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SPSAT99, Dec 23, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Anyone have a pic of the old UI's because I want to compare them to the current UI

2. NoSkill$$

NoSkill$$ User

[​IMG]
    This is when DO just started in 2006

My opinion : I really miss those times :(

3. Does that say 19 mil uridium?!

Oracle likes this.
  4. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Wow! That looks kinda futuristic and cool. What was bad about it?

5. NoSkill$$

NoSkill$$ User

The only bad thing about that was the resolution, you we're playing on a really small screen..

6. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

How big would it have been compared to the current one?

7. iris wasn't even out back in 2006, they were an update sometime in 2007 I believe. the oldest darkorbit pic I have seen battle maps didn't even existed back then. I do have the link to several old pictures but not sure if its allowed, im going to post it anyway.

REMOVED
    External links are not permitted - images embedded.

[​IMG]

------

[​IMG]

------

[​IMG]

------

[​IMG]

Last edited by moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  8. 2007. Game came out in 2007 december. iris came in 2008.

9. actually, it came out December 11, 2006

10. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

It was fixed at 800x600 during the old client, which was the smallest possible resolution in the new client before unlimited resolution was put in.

11. If thats true. failure on my part. I guess it took a year for the forums to be formed because the earliest posts were in 2008 on the old forums.

12. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Wow!!! Is the pic over there really DO when it was young? They look wierd!!

Last edited by moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  13. I just learned that back then the bigboy ships used to look like the old client saimons lol

14. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

lol!!!! That would've been weird!!

15. December 11, 2006 is the correct date of the release of Dark Orbit.

I started March 14, 2006 not counting beta testing ;)

Peace :cool:

16. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

How do you start before a game is released?

17. No idea lol, I started in jan of 2007, my cousin introduced the game to me because I didn't have xbox live then, and we wanted something we could play on.
    I would post the picture itself for this, but it isn't working. so here is a link. I resized it so it is blurry, photobucket seems to enjoy shrinking photos down to a tiny square.
    http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/KingReaper666/media/9177be8c-12d5-4156-b7cf-11f65d5886ad_zps72cb7ef5.png.html?state=copy
    this is a pic my clan took on a new years day, im the red/pink goli.

18. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

well, even though it is blurry, I can see it. Why are the ships so big?! They look like cubes here! Were the ships in the early days always so big?

19. Yeah they were bigger then, the Newest UI really drops it lol. Um... here is a video of after they changed. When DO was still considered good.

20. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Oldest video I could fine of DO.

Only 1 config, no drones, no rank, no x4 ammo etc.