Old UI screens

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SPSAT99, Dec 23, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Wow! I really like the music! What drone formation does that guy have? Is it a variant of the barrage formation?

2. That was the standard formation, before drone formations existed (everyone had the same formation that had no bonus). It really looks nicer than the standard formation today, don't you think? I wish they kept that. ;)

3. Yeah the original standard formation was 10x better then the crap we have now lmao. everyone asked for it back but nothing.

And that is my account, back when I played USA East Cost (MMO) and I played GA1 at the same time still (EIC)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  4. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

yeah, it looks so much more realistic than the ones today. I also like the fact that the outer drones are horizontal instead of vertical.

Oh, that is your acocunt? it looks pretty nice.
    Hey, when did Apis and Zeus come out? or was it already in the game when it started?

5. BOSS~ADAM

BOSS~ADAM User

The Apis was released on September 15th, 2011 and the Zeus November 3rd of the same year, and yes the standard formation back then looked a lot better :).

6. Everything that he said. Back when apis came out, the drone formation stayed the same, just with 3 drones on the sides and back, and instead of how they are now, the 3rd drone would be behind the other 2 on the sides. Then drone formations came out, and DO ruined the look of the standard.

7. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Wait. Why did the formation of drone formations mess up the standard formation? Was it because DO just wanted to or because there was some disadvantages of having the old standard with the drone formations?

8. I personally think they made the standard one look horrible so that people would WANT to buy the new formations.

9. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

Wow! That is a REALLY valid reason for messing it up! (not)

10. Lol that could be a definite thing, but could also be that the coding changed along with it. But either way I stopped caring when I got apis, then I got zues so lol.

11. Hmm, here's a little nostalgia.. Global America.. the Day I changed my name :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Back in that time I was with MMO - ÇôßЯд·FX
    Those were 2 of the best players I hung with. Some darn awesome times. But all great things seem to never last long enough. Eventually we all went our own ways.

[​IMG]
    I have a bunch of stuff from late '06 just a matter of tracking it down. I think is still on my old pc.. hope to find it.

Peace :cool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  12. Rossi

Rossi User

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Øмєga and mr_plaku™ like this.
  13. SPSAT99

SPSAT99 User

those sibs look totally different from now! 0.0

14. Maki

Maki User

remember clan BSFX, used to be in it. We had those "FX" titles, as well i remember of that nickname Firexstryker and Hellhound, but i don't know that they were in clan called "MIA" , Firestryker was 1. on usa east

15. We where all in BSFX long ago.. as I mentioned, we all went different directions.

To the good times c(_) cheerz!!

Peace :cool:

16. Oh my god, old DO. These photos flooded back old memories of my old close knit clan days of USAEast 1... Back when Mordons were blenders and Cubikons were the Empire State Buildings.

Missing my old clan [FΞΛR] Frantic Efforts to Avoid Reality.

We were pretty good back then in my Basic Major Bigboy. :)

Back when the Amber and Red designs were a sight to see and the rumors of the red and green Bigboy designs.

17. BallistikD

BallistikD User

FEAR clan. That brings back some old flash backs of East 1. Hey things change. Sometimes for the good and for the bad. Overall I think the ships and the overall UI has gotten better since the days of old. Is there still work to be done? Yes of course.

But to carry on and wish for them to bring it back is nuts. You still dont drive around in that car with 5 mpg and the 240 ac? Would it be nice to have it in the garage for a weekend spin, sure. But not everyday use.

Why not have fun with it. Meaning, the next time the Birthday Gate comes out. For everyone going into the gate. You are thrown back in time to the old times with the old map. The old ship and so on.

18. Maki

Maki User

We would appreciate if You find some pics and post it here, it is nice to remind of old times :)

19. wasn't that day 999 that was the day i started
    do was so awesome back then

20. -HarleyD-

-HarleyD- User

Original Star maps (before BM's were introduced)
    [​IMG]
    And original Ship selection from the shop showing original Bigboy design (note this is a early beta-test picture hence it mentions Gold and Pearls which is the currency from Seafight)
    [​IMG]

I'll see if I can find some more for you ;)

Regards