Open Beta Test - Equipment in client Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by wiley_wiggins, Jan 19, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Space Pilots!

Please leave any Feedback you have for today's Open Beta Test below.

All the best.

Your Dark Orbit Team

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Selecting an item and then ctrl-clicking drone designs it doesn't seem to instantly put it on the ship, at least not for me. It does seem to be working for for lasers / shields on the ship though.

The windows on the client being faded (which I think is new to this test?) unless a player clicks them seems pretty annoying, especially for minimap, makes it harder to see enemy dots unless you had it clicked on last.

Sorry if this has already been taken into consideration from the previous test, it's not really to do with the new equipment exactly but the new mouse icon is too small, especially when it changes to the hand icon to indicate something is clickable. Would be nice to chose a selection of sizes if it was something we were definitely going to have.

Also something a bit more minor, if accounts were in GGs from previous tests they seem to be glitched. I was in a Kuiper from the tests last year and now the account I was using cannot log on, just constantly brings up the connection lost window when I press start (people can see the account sitting in base but cannot invite it to outfits then it will disappear a few seconds after). I've seen some other people mention the problem too who have been in GGs before the equipment tests. I know we can just make new accounts for the equipment testing but thought I would mention it anyway for the sake of future tests if it were to be a problem.

crod, Bismut and wiley_wiggins like this.
  3. Azarameus

Azarameus User

"This hangar activation is free, because you are at the Company station." So no more logging out on a portal to change hangars without a cost? Not a good idea :(

4. chixonator

chixonator User

test server backpage was very slow, and i cant connect to the game. good test

but i agreee with what @Okapi32 said, the last time i was on test server, i did not like the cursor, and did not like the fact that the windows in client are faded unless you click them, if those are fixed before the release it will be much better, as for any other problems, cant get in the game so i am unable to test anything.

5. Manouk77

Manouk77 User

i will agree with @Okapi32 and i will metion some more problems in the test
    1)that everytime youchange a formation on iris your HP bar is filling up and you can not die if you change formations all the time.
    2)what ever leisers you shoot you can only see red leiser icons. i was shooting with sub and i see red leisers.
    these problems i found for now

6. Stuck in kappa gate, reconnect after 2 seconds disconnect and I'm not allowed to change ships cause I'm in map and I need some help to get myself out of there ...
    need some really help @wiley_wiggins

7. I agree with others for technical side.
    For changes i have some pros and cons. It is fast equipping compared to what we had but i dont like we cannot change hangars from backpage anymore and we have to go in X-8 or X-1 to equip. Usually we log out on middle of fight to go and change configs on back page and then log back in on same map and fight. Hangar activation with jump credits or uridium is not a good idea either. Players using that to go from a map to another to save time or jump credits now. I mean if i am in 4-4 and have a ship on x-8 map which i want to jump to i have to use a jump credit to go there. Before it was not needed for me to use uridium or jump credit to jump on that hangar (which seems to be more costly for me as jump credits are rare so after a while i will need to use uridium for that) Also waste of boosters for going on x-1 or x-8 (without counting we can get killed while going) to change and time we need to re-equip ship will be also a big problem. U need about 10-20 minutes to change from a ship to another and it cost espetially when u got double boosters. So u can find a change or let also backpage equipping as an option.

bisphenol likes this.
  8. Can't do any galaxy gate cause of reconnects my ship is blocked in kappa and i can't get out it

9. chixonator

chixonator User

they announced they are increasing booster time to account for that...

and another problem i noticed when you try to alloacte a ship into a hanger it says error
    {NO_SUCH_SHIP}

10. Drone formations have no effect.... i switched between all of them and it did nothing

11. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

Connection to the game page fails constantly, for the ten minutes I did manage to hold a stable connection the following bugs appeared.

1. Transfer of prom fails ( message transfer to ship complete but prom is no were to be seen to either upgrade or sell)
    2. Very slow equipment change the rotating gears take well over a minute before equipment is moved.
    3. Upgrade bug upgrades fail with a message expected x amount of uri and the amount of uri sent being less than the expected amount.

After 10 mins of trying the feature the server kicked me out and I could not reconnect a known problem
    This new feature is not yet ready for Alpha testing let alone open beta testing.

12. xuhu99

xuhu99 User

what's the difference between alpha and beta testing?

13. Have past some hours nobody made nothing...

14. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello^^
    We need you to post your UserID for the test server for us to be able to jump you out if you could please

Regards,

15. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

Alpha testing as a rule is the first working test run by a developer and a few registered testers used for bug finding and interface testing this is basically the prototype.

Closed Beta is normally the pre end product testing done by a limited amount of testers for feed back and bug reports.

Open beta is normally a public release of the proposed finished product, this again is for bug reporting and issues that pop up prior to a full release of a finished product.

16. When they announced that can u give me link please ?

17. So test server is closed maybe when is up the bug with the gate's will be resolved

18. 2010!!

2010!! User

Would be nice if you opened at time's were more people could get on and have a look you know the one's who have lives and work...

19. On the plus side;
    One shot upgrade at a fair price and no longer a huge wait time - great!

Consider removing the need to still be on base to use the client access to the hangar(s)

On the negative side;
    Putting the Hangars on the client screen sets up a different problem. From what I have had happen to myself as well as complaints in chat or on forums, a lot of issues stem from the client failing to load. By putting the hangars on the client, it removes all access to changing ship configurations/upgrades if the client does not load.

Should really consider leaving the hangars on the backpage for stability.

Can always put the 'Corporate Records' on the client so if the client fails to load, no big loss. (are people really that vain?)

bisphenol and chixonator like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.