Palla fields capped...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by HappyTurnip, Mar 14, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Now scripts have come out to automatically log out anyone AFK, yet another cap placed on the P.E.T, when it first came out it was very capable and worth 50k uri, now im not so sure.

My point is, the developers brought out the P.E.T. and are now limiting one of its most popular functions, exactly how do they get away with blatant fixes like this?

I understand the new limitations on the pet, and i can deal with it, but just wow...

Will developers now drop the price of the pet as it is no longer as capable as it once was?

Lastly, my take on the whole thing is this...

they cant beat the pixel bots so they brought out this auto logout, yet again blanket punishing everyone. Some people bought the pet solely to farm palla, now they are having that taken from them, thumbs down from me and one of the worst decisions they ever made, its both an easy and effective tactic and a scam.

Shame on you BP.

2. ramnik

ramnik User

well if your worried your gonna log out, move around every 5-10 mins if your cloaked letting your pet pally

3. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

The pet hasn't changed at all.
    Just take ramnik's advice and actually be at your computer while your pet collects pally.

Also I'm pretty sure this update wasn't aimed at pixel bots, they didn't just sit still and do nothing, they go around collecting it for the person who is using the bot.
    Who would be mental enough to make a bot that sat still and just activated a pet? x)

whaaa likes this.
  4. I think you mis-read what i wrote...

They have implemented an auto log out system which directly effects those who palla with pet, therefore indirectly effecting the P.E.T. significantly.

I know they havent changed the pet, and it hasn't changed, but now it will keep shutting down because of the auto update.

I appreciate your view on the reason for the update but it is unnecessary and brings no good to the game. It is quite simply daylight robbery.

I dont use palla, and have never went into palla fields with this account, too many hyped up 12 year olds and opportunists for me.

As for your last question, im not sure who would be mental enough to make a bot that just activates a pet, but i wasnt talking about those anyways, i was talking about bonus box pixel bots.

In a nutshell, the palla fields give you a hell of a lot of value in return for what you paid for your pet, for many people afk'ing in palla is an everyday must to maintain their accounts. Now they have capped that ability, and i know what you are thinking, just move around etc etc...

The point is, people paid for the ability to sit afk and let their P.E.T. loot for them by parting with uri, now B.P. have stopped afk activity when THEY sold that ability to us.

5. Another item removed from the game when the pet was first released, was bonus boxes that only the pet could collect and they contained fuel uri rsb etc and better uri items.

HappyTurnip likes this.
  6. I believe those were special event boxes if I remember correctly for the release of the pet.....similar types of boxes are still around today, but only on special events like Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Mardi-Gras, summer games etc....and they have been nerfed now...NO more uri rockets ect ( except sar2's)

But back to the OP.....

The "mist" in 5-3 was originally meant to STOP people from sitting idle and collecting doing nothing... the mist was meant to kill you, or weaken you to the point you would be a nice target to an enemy ..or a pirate.....

....But DO didn't think their strategy through all the way, and never expected a 3 company truce in 5-3....thus we have outfits that have MMO people protecting an idle VRU outfit member etc....

This made DO crazy....their plan to "weaken" us in 5-3 had the exact opposite effect on servers where players were SMART enough to maintain truces.

.....Thus creating the exact BACKWARD effect of what they intended, keeping ships from logging out permanently.

This "fix" was a LOOOONG time coming and I am shocked it took this long....

FOR THE RECORD : I think it stinks, for all the obvious reasons I stated above. DO is only doing this because what they originally implemented had huge BENEFITS to players smart enough to respect 5-3 truce, and now this is a fix to STOP that.... all IMO of course

-ynsmrblr- and HappyTurnip like this.
  7. I think you hit the nail on the head there pie, palla fields are lucrative and can take free players into Uber territory if they dedicate the time.

They don't like this and put yet another strangle hold on the game, and looking from the outside in i am also surprised this update took this long, just didn't think they had the nerve to do it.

Oh well....

8. all im gonna say is the game is ment to be played not sat in mist so you dont log out and your pet can pick up palla while you do other thing is the home or work place but then again the PET is a bot u cant even sit there in anymap and let ya pet pick up boxs even when there next to you but as a waste of uri i have made my 50k back 1000 times over

9. Im pretty sure the pet came out long before palli plus the fact that the pet was never designed to be used as a means to farm anything while afk. The auto logout
    has always been a part of DO, but the fog damaged shields which prevented the auto logout and people were exploiting this, that is why the changes were made.

10. Theres a thing called hands get your lazy butt up and work for ur ship rather then sitting on ur butt and letting the pet do all the work...

11. From post number 8 onwards i think you are all missing the point.

There is no set way this game is meant to be played, everyone plays differently.

And as for post number 10, i hope that isn't directed at me.

Developers have seen a nice little way to curb free players, i can safely assume ( stringy i know you are Uber ) that all players posting in favour of this update are all Uber. How many of you commenting here have just sat back and let your PET collect for you when you couldnt be bothered, EXACTLY.

Lets keep the snide comments to ourselves and discuss the issue at hand, not what you think about what people think, im not asking for peoples life stories here.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  12. Stringy you have quite strong conviction, but you arent a developer, so how do you know how the players are meant to play when they have PET activated?

Is your point of view that this isnt right? By somehow making it easier for ourselves we are playing wrong?

And exactly why arent we meant to let the PET pick up palla whilst we say, do our homework? That sounds like a win-win to me.

Regardless of your view of the game having to be played, developers made and still have in place the ability to sit afk and collect palla, only difference being the greedy bosses have decided to squeeze the players even harder by logging players out who dare to make life easy for themselves.

And how can they do this? Because everyone's ( even your account ) is the property of BigPoint.

13. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

It doesn't take a genius to know what the developers think:

They tell us right in the OA that this thread is about. Maybe you weren't aware but the DO teams are given the announcements such as these by the developers.

14. -HarleyD-

-HarleyD- User

I think the 3 quotes above sum it up nicely. At no point is this game supposed to be played "AFK". What is the difference between a player letting his PET collect Pally while he goes to work/school and a person letting his Bot collect pally (Or bonus boxes for that matter)???? No difference except that one is an exploit of the programming to allow an unintended action (cheating?) and the other is just plain and blatant cheating.
    That exploit is no longer available, sorry we have stopped players from legally cheating other players. If you want to advance in the game try actually being at your computer and playing instead of letting your pet do it for you.

The only debateable change they have made for the PET was the cooldown on Kami. And while even I dont agree with that one I understand why they did it as kami was never intended to be a primary weapon and that is what people were using it for.

This change was to make you actually play the game as opposed to letting it play itself. I cannot see a problem with that.

This really is a non-debate, However I am going to leave it open to discussion as long as it stays on topic and stays clean.

Play nice people ;)

15. The announcement is what triggered this thread, so i kind of was aware.

16. Duly noted Harley, however the developers made the PET and its functions then allowed us to obtain them with uridium. Your bosses wanted updates to sell to us players and keep the revenue coming in, the developers do as they are told by said greedy boss and have no time to think about the outcome of these new releases.

All of this to make uridium more attractive and sought after, then when they have peoples money, put the brakes on and realise they were to quick to release these updates to the public and realised they rushed into getting people to buy their updates, then tweak the very product they bought after they bought it.

Every step of even getting to be able to obtain the looting function is very expensive in regards to uridium, the very thing that greedy bosses are trying to slow down to a light trickle unless paid for - this is quite a bold statement isnt it? Allow me to fill you in...

You will remember the NPC update that came out when bio was introduced, the developers made the NPC's shields more resilient therefore making them stronger and claimed that this was the way the NPC were originally meant to be.

Far from it, it was an easy fix to counter the extra power players gained through bio and in turn ensured that uridium wasn't obtained easily by smashing NPCs with even less effort.

You say that at no point is this meant to be an AFK game, but how come developers make approve and release something that contradicts your very statement? Wether players move around or not, they are only using the tools made by developers.

In essence, is it fair that i get hit by prots from another players cube when i fly past it and never fired 1 shot? Surely this is the system cheating, if i got popped by prots whilst minding my own business and was just flying past and then had to either pick another ship to fly in or wait until my login bonuses allow me to have enough uridium to repair, would this be fair?

The principles are exactly the same.

So we have more power which DO sold to us, but then devs make NPCs more powerful, then we have the auto looting function which DO sold to us but then announced they will be introducing logout mechanisms for afk players.

Hmmm, fishy.

On a final note, there seems to be an influx of people that no longer require such mediocre tasks as collecting palla, people who can solo cubes with little effort, these people need to realise that there are new players out there who wont have their frame of mind and may think differently about this update.

17. ramnik

ramnik User

well this will make no difference to me lol dont know why your complaining, in the mist you was an easy kill anyway. what i do and still do is just cloak up and talk to people on chat or move around every 5 mins, either way your pet will still collect palla :)

18. I couldn't really care less, on GA1 over 100 EIC would be afk, leading to raids by cheats and those desperate for kills, i usually went afk because i personally hate this game anymore, so why waste 5 hours collecting to get nothing out of spins since we all know, DO rigged the GG spins.

Bots moved around, so this does not stop them in any way, only made pally botting easier for them to be honest.

The auto logout system has always been in place, the only change was, the mist no longer drains your shields, which used to keep you logged in since your ship had something constantly happening to it.

The pet is still just as useful. I just either sit in the mist, or outside it cloaked and let pet collect, while i have sound on for when someone shoots me or my pet, and i respond to it, or get outran by a goli *Cough* hacks *cough*

Nothing changed for me, since i started sitting cloaked outside mist over a month ago to let pet collect.

19. Demon's got a point, I mean, I'm sitting afk right now collecting pali as I type this .....I call it , productive forum sessions ;).

The change won't be that dramatic for people who are in outfits, and have friends with Ageis' who can take turns babysitting each other.

When I'm AFK in pali, I'm almost never gone, I'm usually watching a movie or playing guitar or something anyways.

So NAH NAH NA NAH NAH , I'll keep "cheating?" my way to UFE as you so tenderly put it Harley. Nice Try devs....:D

***EDIT****
    PS : I added the last line because I felt a little insulted at people insinuating my playing style is a form of cheating, when all I am doing is using features that I paid URIDIUM for.( not cash to some outside service).

Furthermore, just so you know, I work very hard, and am paying off two degrees (very slowly), so I am in no position to be throwing money into games at the moment. If I want to use an IN GAME feature that YOU (Dark Orbit) created and I paid for, for 6 hours of pali so I can get ammo to hunt for 20 minutes, then how is that so villanous / evil / wrong / immoral??

At the end of the day, I feel I have worked hard for what I have in this game, even as a free player, and I don't appreciate being called lazy or any of the other words used above in my post and the other posts.

20. lol ikr? And i didn't even read what he said, had no idea they considered us using our heads and playing legit, to be cheaters. I made 3200 pally in 6 hours on GA1 afk, died to npcs quite often. Died to players we know hack, and died to those so desperate for kills they went for the AFK ones. In no way is it cheating, DO just doesn't want us to have things slightly easy, all it did was reduce the amount of people in 5-3 on my server. and give the pally bots more to collect.