Permafrost Fissure Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Jan 23, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the point for this event was to help weaker players get their hands on th U-LF4 the way they cchanged it its easier to et it, idd rather hae them change the proxy drop tho. it wasnt onlly for u u kno. the event onlly benifited UFE like u , dont u get that or are just to selfish to get it. damn most UFE like u onlly think about themselfs. no wonder the game is dying. dont u see that or are just so selfish yet again to see that.

lol u UFE complain the most that the game is empty and dying that there are no new players cuz u cant get kills. lol and yet ur guys are stil selfish when DO changes things for the better of noobs and it doesnt benefits u realy that much.

wel they shoulld have just increased the proxy drops thats what they should have done only.

theOtherKey likes this.
  2. i hate the gate, its not worth doing, event sucks :) i can even make a better event and more rewarding than this lol if i were the developer i would have been loved by players

3. ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent User

I fixed this in the original post. I originally put Protocol, not SauronL. I mostly agree with what you've said Protocol. It was SauronL that I was using sarcasm to make the point he was being egocentric. Sorry Protocol, I think you've made some good points.

ChaosAgent

4. the drop chance of proxium even with the booster was too low, the amount needed for a player to craft 40k rsb is 185 proxium, the amount of proxium per UFO is 15 and UFOnit has 7, lets say a person has a doubler and drop rate booster for proxium, he spent all the 4 hours duration of the booster and finished atleast 3 gates because the gate cant be done within 1 hour, he won 3 hours worth of proxium drop rate booster but then again gained nothing.

so what is the point giving out U-LF4 for ultra elites to craft that tier, to get to their goal to craft 40k rsb? they already have LF-4s, i know u want people to experience to have good equipment obtainable but getting an ordinary LF-4 is not that much of hardwork on booty boxes, actually a ratio of 1 to 100keys can get you an LF-4 and its easy to earn the booty keys by doing gates, its not much of a task, less ammo used you can use x1 if you are a smart spender on ammo, finish a few zeta on double gg rewards day, done.

but earning proxium that you cant even receive from those UFO? killing lots of ubers? for an LF-4 that has a varied base damage that you wont know if will hit hard or less, and thinking that noobs would get their hands for an U-LF-4 that requires a lot of effort to craft and you need lots of ammo to use to finish the gate or you will spend 4 hours or even 6 hrs using only x1 and some kami? that gate aint even noob friendly, its the same as LoW gate, they always think of ultra elites abusing the gate to earn lots of RSB, well what do you expect you already put that up on the assembly, you should have just made it like 200 proxium so ultra elites will do more hardwork and they dont like that much so they would pay for your boosters, you should boost the drop rate chance of the proxium because it is not worth a try on this difficulty.

5. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

They should get rid of drop chance, and just give a drop. I don't care if it's lowered, but I'm sick and tired everything being on chance.
    Something like 2 per ufonit and 5 per UFO I would be ok with, if I'm certain I would get'em.
    A little higher would be appreciated of course.
    78 proxium after 4 and a half gate, just doesn't cut it!

6. west-star

west-star User

just get rid of this event , dont nerve it .. deal with it darkorbit !! ...it was a good event , untill you nerved it ...shame on you !!

7. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

The event FaQ needs to be updated as the UFO's are also dropping an insulting amount of 7 DCR's, DCR's are not even listed in the UFO drop list. The lack of communication and incorret information from the DEV to the forum mods is not only unfair to the mod team who give up there free time and the time they could be playing as a normal player but also the general player base who expect to receive one of the drops that have been published in the FaQ's. We have a good mod team that take a lot of flak because the Dev team seem have a tendency to send out incorrect or incomplete information to the mod team.

8. Black_wolf

Black_wolf User

i think its not fair when playing 5 maps with drop booster and get no proxium, its a big waste for time ,ammo and seprom . specially for non ufe

9. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

This time was kind of on us unfortunately. When the update happened & we got the info we didn't get the FAQ updated as soon as it probably could have. It's updated now for what that's worth
    Apologies from us on that one :(

10. apetown.

apetown. User

The crafting order present atm should had been that way since event started. Its very good that now noobs can actually get the u-lf4 - thats what for the event is supposed to be, BUT now its very unfair for many ufes. Some people made easily ~million rsb and those who have started after this "nerf" will have 0 chance to make it unless having 24/7 time to sit in the gate and have millions of ammo. You managed to fix one problem, but now there is new problems: 1) Currently the gate is not worth to do unless you buy boosters. (This problem has been since event started. (I made at least 20 of these gates and I got only 3 times rsb before the new crafting order). 2) Gate takes a lot of ammunition and time no matter are you ufe or not. Many noobs cant even do the gate because they dont have ammunition what it takes, and doing the gate with x1 ammunition would take so many hours. 3) Proxium drop chance is way too low unless you buy boosters and you still can have many gates that drop zero proxium.

Imo proxium drop chance should be increased at least with 10-20% or add 100% sure proxium reward from completing the gate. Also the gate should have 3 lives, just like other galaxy gates have.

Event is based on good idea but it really needs adjustment.

uberpaul and •»Radiance«• like this.
  11. USS-Aries

USS-Aries User

This why we have such a good mod team, when a mistake is made by the mod team hands are up and sorry my bad with a quick resolve. Good work, good mod team, the best.:):):)

Solid_Eye likes this.
  12. after the nerf this gate sucks and is a waste of time, I had both boosters and went 2 whole gates with no proxium dropped. No one wants the Ulf4 that is crap, we want the rsb booty keys and gg spins. if I could Id request my money back on the boosters.

idk about fixing a mistake, more like they nerf anything that is good in the game and turn everything else to crap.

Last edited by moderator: Feb 5, 2017
  13. ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent User

Can you tell us if they are considering doing anything with the drops and/or if anyone has looked to see if there is something faulty with the code? I think the biggest feedback has been about the lack of reasonable drops. Given the percentages in the FAQ, it should be HIGHLY unlikely to go through all the levels without a single Prox drop, but me and several others have experienced exactly that. I think it would soothe some ruffled feathers if there was some feedback on whether this is being addressed.

As far as the ULF4's, I think that wasn't a bad move and would make it more likely to get into the hands of low level players *IF* they had a reasonable chance at some prox after committing the time to go through the gate. For the RSB change, it was kinda lame to do it halfway through, but "find a mistake, fix a mistake, I guess." I think it is worth some thought by the Dark Orbit team that the only ones who liked this gate were in it to bank massive amounts of RSB and had deep pockets. Many of those players are in it for the PVP and are frustrated by the lack of new players who stick around and will eventually leave from boredom. Now I understand that DO has to make money to keep running, but creating situations where the new players feel "screwed" is self defeating. You might get the immediate gain from those players who jump in wallet first, but you might want to start planning in a long term instead. Anyway, that is just "my two cents."

Thanks,

ChaosAgent

14. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

@ChaosAgent At the moment no, we don't have any info as to whether or not they might mess with the drop rates or make any further changes. For now I'd have to say we'll see

15. This event is terrible I spent 2 hours to get to the first UFO. Killing it took me 1h 20 minutes. The best part is that my darkorbit client crashed after using galaxy gates to seventh map and I died. So basicly I wasted a lot of time, uridium and nerves. Definately not worth it.

16. termcm

termcm User

Finished the gate, and I got 0 Proxium which takes the fun out of it and makes you feel frustrade. I believe I am on my 6th time and only got Proxium 2 times. It take a lot of time and a unbelievable amount of ammo to do this gate. It is a rich mans gate because you spend more then what you receive.

Run away from this gate as fast as you can.

Save your uri, ammo and time for something that helps you get stronger. Not a long shot that doesn't play off for the average, above average player.

Doing the other gates will help you in the long run. This one is the worst rip off yet. but the tittle say it well... Cold day in hell. and nothing to show for it, but alot less ammo and time.

17. oTiKio

oTiKio User

This event was made just for the ufe ( DO made fools of you all ) they made it so the rsb at first cost only 25 prox and the first days of the gate prox drop a lot even for those who did not use boosters.This event was never for new players to help them to get better lasers it was all a money scam that back fired on DO since the ufe (double boosted and on hit over 100k whites run the gate from 30min(if you use rsb) to 1 hour) players start to make million of millions of rsb then they realize there main spenders who buy uri every week on mega hour for amo now ware getting millions of rsb meant huge lose in real money.And that is why they nerf the gate it was to make ufe players stop doing it since they ware losing big money.This event was never to help the new or the week was just a money sink and 90% of players fail for it LMAO !!

18. This gate is a pain for non ufe players, and with the terrible drop chance of proxium theres no way smaller ships could do this gate enough times to benefit. As a ufe player i`m not to fond of the gate as i`ve only acquired 93 proxium atm and ran the gate 12 times or so. I have been able to blast through most the gate in less than an hour using x4 on anything bigger than saimon while having the drop chance booster. Which on average I get 1 proxium drop every 2 or 3 gates. Now this is with the booster on, and its the same without having the booster.

Now the drop chance booster does help get scrap, mucusom, and plasmide quicker from their respective npc but thats not helping me get proxium just helps crank out more gates that may not give me any proxium drops. The idea for this is great but the proxium drop is too low.

19. ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent User

You laugh away oTiKio. I won't disagree that they made fools of us, but you can profit from this gate ***IF YOU ARE LUCKY and have a lot of time on your hands***. The first two time I ran through the gate with boosters taking me part of the way through, I got 2K ee, 100+ keys, and 2 dips into the RSB while it was available at the lower price. The thing about this gate is that you CAN finish it through with x1 and a KAMI if you spend LOTS of time. I just spent 1.5 hours finishing the 10th wave with x1, a kami, and some SAB ammo. After pounding away at the UFO for 30 min, I proved that I no longer have the luck as my drop was:

Kamikaze Detonator cooldown time has elapsed.
    Detonator may now be selected.
    You received 249,333 EP.
    You received 24,444 honor points.
    You received 222,222 Credits.
    You received 2,222 Uridium.
    Singularity deactivated
    You received 7 DCR-250 rockets.

LOL. Not a lot to show for 30 min on just the UFO, not even mentioning the Boss lords and dodging rocketeers while my HP regen. That being said, I use mostly the assembly for the last two runs and came out of the gate with 50K Uri, 500ee, 1 ULF4, and tons of EP. I traded 20 hours of my life or so for this, so yes, a bit of a fool, but if you are willing to trade the time and you have a halfway decent ship, you can get something from this gate even with x1... maybe you'll just get 7 DCR-250 rockets, but something.

I'm curious if anyone can tell us of a success story where you are happy as can be with what you got from the gate other than those of you who pulled down tons of RSB.

Thanks,

ChaosAgent

P.S. An awesome idea for you. Do like the hiTech invasion and have a lottery at the end with some EPIC rewards. Everyone who runs through the entire gate gets one entry, but those who go through the gate without getting any prox gets an extra entry or two. Instead of hearing the drops are too low, people will start complaining that they got 7 prox but wanted an entry for the lottery drawing. You'll hear, "That's LAME, I had to run through the gate 5 times before I got an extra lottery entry... stupid prox. " :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  20. You should always keep the opportunity costs (rewards for Palla and boxing) in mind. So you put 20 hours also the 160 K Uri and 600 EE away (=usual rewards after 20 hours boxing). All in all you would lose ressources, if you do the gate.

That's one of the rare events, which are worth. You get great amount of Uri (if you aren't killed) and maybe great other rewards. I miss Hitac/Demaner (but they should remove PvP during this time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.