Pilot Bios

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by ∞§†ØÑΣMΔ§ØÑ∞, Jul 4, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. I have put together 3 pilot bios with the minimum requirements needed to achieve what kind of bio you want depending on your playing style. There is Alien Hunter, PvP and Boxing Bios.

Of course these are just suggestions to help people along the way. I personally set my bio to the boxing one as I like to box. With the extra uri and spins that I was getting it helped me to progress through the game easier and had less need to buy uri.

The Alien Hunter bio is ok but as you grow stronger you will not need this bio as much.
    The PvP bio is important as we all know there are strong nmes out there. You can mix and match these bios as long as you fulfill the minimum requirements for which ever path you choose. Or it could take you longer to get where you want to be.

Alien Hunter Bio

Minimum Requirements

Ships Hull I: 2
    Engineering: 1
    Shield Engineering: 2

Bounty Hunter I: 2
    Cruelty I: 2
    Rocket Fusion: 2
    Alien Hunter:5

Total 16 Points
    Then you can build up to fat lazers

Ships Hull II: 3
    Shield Mechanics: 5
    Electro Optics: 3
    Bounty Hunter II: 3

Total 30 Points

Then build up

Shield Engineering: 3
    Evasive Maneuvers: I&II: 5
    Rocket Fusion: 3
    Electro Optics: 2

Total 43 Points

Boxing Bio

Minimum Requirements

Ships HUll I: 2
    Logistics: 2
    Luck I: 2
    Shield Mechanics II: 5
    Tractor Beam II: 5 (Amended from Tractor Beam I)

Total 19 Points (Luck II will take a while to get).
    Then you can build up to fat lazers

Bounty Hunter I & II: 5

Total 26 Points

Then build up

Evasive Maneuvers I & II: 5
    Luck II: 3
    Rocket Fusion: 5
    Electro Optics: 5

Total 47 Points

PvP bio:

Minimum Requirements

Ships Hull: 2
    Engineering: 1

Bounty Hunter I: 2

Shield Mechanics: 5
    Electro Optics: 3
    Bounty Hunter II: 3

Total 21 Points (which gives you fat lazers).
    Then build up

Evasive Maneuvers I & II: 5
    Rocket Fusion: 5
    Electro Optics: 2

Total 36 Points

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    Odin® likes this.
  2. OILDAILY

OILDAILY User

think u answered your own question there if u like boxing like i do go for boxing bio

3. There was not a question in my post. Just some helpful advice for new players that might not be able to spend money on this game but feel that they need to go for the PvP bio just to keep up with everyone else. If you notice the boxing bio also has PvP points. I was just telling people that both can be achieved but making boxing a priority can help new players out better than going straight for PvP.

In all my time on this game and all the new players that have asked me about bios they overlook the boxing bio thinking that the PvP bio was the most important. Without thinking of the long term, mainly the cost of log discs and the time it takes to achieve a good bio for a free player.

Also I said what I said so I could bring in the line With the extra uri and spins that I was getting it helped me to progress through the game easier and had less need to buy uri. Which I think if a new f2p player reads would help them to build up a good account with less cost in the early stages of their experience.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  4. If boxing then why increase cargo bays with Logistics? You need to correct the Tractor Beam to be Tractor Beam II as you are increasing the Cargo Box Booty with Tractor Beam I. So your Bonus Box Bio could save you 2 Pilot Points without the Logistics (which could be used for Alien Hunter if collecting the Cargo Boxes) and have the Tractor Beam I as the last possible points for Alien Hunter assuming you are collecting the cargo from all of your Alien Kills.

Other wise it looks like a good suggestion for basics of course there are others to be added for the PvP like Heat Seeking Missiles or the Detonations and Explosives if using Mines during battles.

5. Yes it is tractor beam II and not I. I had previously written this on note pads copied and pasted them to members of my clan and think it got messed up lol. It has been amended thanks for the spot. :oops:

You need 2 in Logistics so you can open up Luck I which is used in boxing. As the bio is just for bonus box collecting not cargo box collecting, with the mistake I made I can see the confusion.
    Also the bios that I have suggested are for a skeleton bio which just outlines the minimum requirements to achieve certain parts of the bio. Other parts can be filled in later on, when the player has gained enough to branch out with it.

Side Note: Heat seeking missile points are a waste to be honest. Precision targeter in the Tech Lab would be a lot better and cheaper for new players which gives 100% hit ratio.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  6. JunoXL

JunoXL User

Here is where I am at:
    Ship Hull 1 - 2/2
    Engineering - 2/5
    Sheild Engineering - 5/5
    Bounty Hunter 1 - 2/2
    Rocket Fusion 2/5

Total - 13 pts used

i have 3 research points to use. Where should I apply them to get Fats?

7. I would recommend Hull II

8. JunoXL

JunoXL User

Done! Maxed it out. I appreciate it

9. Next item to get is the Shield Mechanics for maximum defensive structure.

10. JunoXL

JunoXL User

Thanks again!!

11. Odin®

Odin® User

the easiest/ fastest route [ TO] Fats is to look at the [requirements] for the Electro-optics . It will tell you the # of PP needed between any one of the following : Detonation II , Greed , and Shield Mechanics . I chose to build up my shielding and hull HP path because I do my fair share of PVE on the 4-5 map and the 5-2 map for ep , honor , creds and uri .
    2 PP Ship Hull I
    1 PP Engineering
    3 PP Shield Engineering
    2 PP Bounty Hunter I
    3 PP Ship Hull II
    5 PP Shield Mechanics
    Total [Minimum Pilot Points] to "Electro-optics" / "FATS" = 16 PP
    *note : FATS just gives you a better hit probability of [hitting your target]
    ∞§†ØÑΣMΔ§ØÑ∞ and HelpMeHelpYou have provided sound info. If I may add try and do at least 1 upgrade per day . You select what you think needs upgrading.

12. Helpful links:

http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/pilot-bio-skill-tree-faq.1224/
    http://www.bigpoint.com/darkorbit/board/threads/pilot-bio-guide.1015/

Besides you shouldn't reset your skill tree too often. They will change pilot bio.

Imo PvP stuffs are not necessary. It will be better if you only try to run and and don't resist against your enemies in other ways. Although you will feel better if you pop your hunter, but overall you spend only a small percentage of your time for PvP. In contrast boxing or killing NPCs are more time devouring, advantages in these features affect you more than ones in PvP.
    Therefore I'm using boxing skill tree with Electro optics, alien hunter waste too much useless skill points (honor bonus...). Nevertheless I will focus on alien hunter in the future, because it's the next best bonus.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Odin® likes this.
  13. xSpeedY

xSpeedY User

Hello @BestGArenEUW . Sorry that I am going off-topic, but from where is this information that the pilot bio will be changed? :)

14. Look at the latest twitch stream. They will even start a bigger poll for us.

I have no idea about the ultimate master plan of the devs, but they don't want to bored the players, which have nearly everything. Therefore they are going to create new stuffs e.g. new Lf4 laser, designs etc. which "waste" a lot of time, because the costs are very high. Imo there is no senseless end for PvE and cloaked Boxing.

15. xSpeedY

xSpeedY User

Thanks for the info. Will look at it when I have the time. Were there any details about the pilot bio on the stream, or just an introduction of the rework? :)

16. Unfortunately there are no details.