Plague Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Solid_Eye, Apr 12, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I rather prefer permanent I-Eggs over the Q-Zone.

2. ...WAR...

...WAR... User

indeed the new gate is a huge waste of ammo just to get most of the times 1 oil.and you also need to have atleast 4 5 very good players to finish the gate.smaller players have no change in hell to get even close to the new ships and also many of the bigger ones just stop doing it
    couse of the waste of ammo.

Eightball and badwon[spt] like this.
  3. I really love that during this event low- level players are able to get real lf4 lasers with ease and we can even get 1 paritydrill and magmadrill (which is totally awesome!) Regarding all this I have still some complaints about event boosters and the event gate itself.

The event gate is really hard and only high tier players are only able to finish the whole gate. This is fine and it should stay like this. We have never had a challenging galaxy gate and i really love that this time we had a real, challenging boss battle! Low- level players shouldn't be able to do always the same things as ufe players, and this case low- level players should just get better equipments and try the gate again later.

IMO the problem is that the gate is not worth of players time nor ammo. The gate consumes tons of ammo and it only gives 1-5 oil. That's way less as I expected and this also means that low populated servers are suffering for this the hardest; literally nobody is playing this gate! I need only 50 oil for my Cyborg ship and I'm pretty shure I wont get it during this event.

And now more about the oil drop rates: Gygherim Overlord drops usually only 1 oil (sometimes 5, but Im never lucky guy :p ) which is absolutely too low ammount from the hardest boss in the whole game. And during this event the boss is only source to get oil, which is so sad to all players. There should be again similar boxes as last hitac event so we could actually get more oil without doing the gate.

I can still remember something from last darkorbit twitch stream: "During this event (hitac event), it will be really hard to obtain indoctrine oil, but after this event we will introduce new event, which will give new oil much easier". Well at this moment this is definitely not true, because we can only get oil from gate and nobody is even playing that gate. I'm pretty shure this event wont get any adjustments, but if miracle happens (i really doubt it) and make the gate actually worth doing, everybody of us would be really happy and pleased.

]Coldheart[ and Eightball like this.
  4. xTidus

xTidus User

Hello,

As a newbie on Global Europe 1, I really like this event. I am constantly doing the event missions, and so far enjoying it a lot! The rewards are amazing, especially the LF-4 lasers. So far I got two lasers from the missions, and I am on my way to obtaining the third. It is amazing that so early in the game I got some LF-4 lasers, they help me a lot in increasing my damage, so that I can farm faster.

I have no idea about the event gate, cause I am too weak to even think about it, nor playing it. :eek::D Beside that I enjoy killing these event NPC's on home maps (X-3 and X-4). They are kinda crazy, haha. :p

Thanks for the event, I hope that you will bring much more amazing events in the future like this one!

Best regards,
    xTidus

5. Good Bad and the Ugly.

Good: -New gate that you can build without spins but rather from farming ore from npc's, Brilliant and simple idea that should stay as a permenant feature as it finally gives people insentive to work together in the map, bring life back to x-7 map where before anyone 'farming' would just do cubes and basic FE's would struggle on alone tryin to kill bks.
    -3 new ships that aren't in booties handed out randomly. and are pretty cool tbh. each have their own different advantages, disadvantages, and kinks to work out.
    - Event quests to help all who are behind on lf4s catch up, and give a taste of what the new improved lf4's are like. Very generous set of quests for all. good job.
    - Gate boss, very fun boss to work on with a group of people with its bombs, snipers and mob spawns.

Bad: - Your decision to avoid putting event boxes in the maps over duration of easter. While I get that you want to combat the advantages botters are gaining and encourage people to invest in your game, your lack of rewarding content that being honest to the lower players and loyal alike are more of a consumable novelty then a source of wealth it is something that is missed, even more so by the players who purchase a box doubler weekly.
    - The Gate, awesome gate yes but not without its faults and dissapointments.
    The Bosses HP and shields. You are forcing players to consume a substantial amount of ammo for 1 oil/a chance for more? To top that off the base reward for spending buttloads of ammunition first farming all the alloy to build the gate (again at chance) Clear the gate of all npcs, Take down 10 million Hp and shields and clear every wave the boss spawns. you receive like 7k uri? Don't even know the exp and honor, But I have no doubt its pitiful.

The down right Ugly: - CHANCE, CHANCE, CHANCE. . . . You have used probabilities in every corner of this game so its no surprise you continue to do so. Chance is normal for games. Chance makes finally getting something, or getting more then you did before feel ever so rewarding. But... You push a very fine line between Chance and Abuse. Please stop pushing the limits of your player base to the very max they will take just because you can, Its a horrible dictatorish method. 450 Oil, Dang right ok that's a lot but, its a long term grind for a new ship.
    Lets get started.... 30 alloy per gate, yea cool. The drop rate for Alloy should be increased to a garrenteed minimum of one per BK, meaning if u pop a bk, and get 3 adds, one of those adds should atleast drop an ore pack. I burst thro 300k x2 60k x3 and 40k x4 doing bk's and 2 gates all to obtain 2 oil. and that was with a uri bought booster.
    The Bosses Oil drop rate, Is almost an insult. ontop of everything above this drop rate means people must run this gate 300-450 times to aqquire one of these ship. ( Noting how different each ship is people want to have 3 to play around with so 900-1350 gates to get 3? lol.)
    After watching the live-stream where who ever he is speak about all the content released and another dude who looks bored as hell flies around in beast mode. Your own employees have no interest of desire in the game. '450 oil sounds ok' 'I think the drop rate is good, fair'
    If he had any understanding of what it was going to take for an average player to do all of this , wait nvm he doesn't have a clue.. hes a messenger.

Get a damn grip of what you are tryin to accomplish with the remaining players. you already know you have lost thousands, Stop insulting those who stick around and keep your business alive.

Angry Irish Guy.

6. neoonoma

neoonoma User

Another failure on behalf of DO.Another P2W event.

I spoke to the one and only guy in my server who crafted cyborg and asked him how much it took him.The response was 4 days.Well,obviously i didn't believe him at first but i did after he told me that he bought double boosters.He also said that he doesn't care because he has 3m x4 and 15m x3.So,he played 4 days for 4 hours a day and did about 32 gates per day,which provide him with about 200 oil.

So there you go guys,you can get through this event without playing much as long as you pay for boosters.I guess we all got our hopes up with the thought of "moving from P2W".

7. ...WAR...

...WAR... User

its a game and they want to earn money i can understand that.thats its job anyway to bring them money.
    after saying that thow.the new gate should give every time you finishe it minimum 5 oil and not 1.
    i played the gate 21 times so far and i got 3 times 3 oil and 18 times 1oil.
    now i have 6kx2 3kx3 7kx4.that means i have to farm with x1 to get the uri to do spins to get ammo.
    OR i pay i ridigulus amount of money on a 400mhh to get the uri to get the spins to get the ammo.
    you pay you move you dont pay you dont move atall.And i do pay 10 to 20 eyros per month for premium doubles and %
    slowly slowly 6 months from now i will get one of the new ships but thats it.no way if it stays like this to even bother taking a second.
    i do one gate dayly maybe 2 but no more and now until sunday when i can spin again with discount to get ammo i will not play gate.
    NO AMMO.

8. neoonoma

neoonoma User

1)To a degree yes but they are milking the game too much lately and they don't fix the problems,or at least they should make an announcement or something,so we won't be frustrated and leave the game.
    2)5 oil is still too few,you would get 0,01% of what you need to craft the ship.The reasonable would be 50 oil for a ship and 10 oil for every gate you finish,plus 1 guaranteed alloy for for every blighted bk you kill.

9. ]eggy[

]eggy[ User

GB1 is even worse than it was before this event started with everyone quitting the game an no one playing dead server .I think everyone as finally gave up playing an moved on mat this rate the game will be dead very soon ,even if the server merge comes because people just don't trust a word darkorbit says to them an lets face it its just to expensive for a flashplayer game lol most downloadable games online you only pay max 10 pound a month if that :) the days of a rip off cash grab flash player game is over

ZÿИΛPS™, KiritOo47 and OILDAILY like this.
  10. I have to say that I have really enjoyed the event so far. It is good for getting new players moving around. As much as I have been enjoying playing the game as a "Constant NOOB," this event can also help you deal with peer pressure and bullying. I am not even talking about the noob hunters out there but those G's in lower will help you figure out tactics for dealing with a gang. Move around, and do it quick with your eyes open. They are everywhere and deadly. I don't have that much shielding on battle side, and my speed side *snicker* has even less. Yet I am getting through the missions putting along and almost where I can build that CPU for the gate. The rewards up to this point have been great even with that chance factor. I, finally spent a lot of time here at work reading through all the information about the event and understand more about what people have been talking about. I know normally I am living in here but I do get busy sometimes. After reading this thread up to here there is a lot I do and don't agree on. For a new player, its a pretty good event. Although you must have your wits about you more than most, it keeps you from just putting along. You have to shoot and move constantly. Even at my low stats, I can just sit out there in most maps and shoot most targets. Now the game has changed, new players and I am sure basic FE are on the go. There is a lot of "go rep." If your time is as limited as mine, this can get frustrating to do. Good thing I can take a break and do house/yard work. It kicking off with a week of free premium was good but I found the advantage of Kami was not going to keep me alive long enough to be worth it. After much discussion on the pain of the gate, I am not expecting to get much done there and since you have to "open" 5 of them at a min to finish all the missions, I am estimating only doing one for the coordinates mission only. After that, I shall have to seriously think about it since I know most players will only want to group with strong players so they have a chance of completing the gate. With this event actually a kickoff to what happens in the x-7 maps being a permanent thing, I feel it is a success over all. It was said in the beginning when the new ships were announced that players would have to assemble them, and that what was needed would not be available in shop at any time and that gathering of the parts would not be a one week job but take time. The Devs sticking to that statement gives them much credibility. This new team is doing things in a new way, something we have been wanting them to do for years. Now that they don't have a Lead that holds them back, they can talk and actually work on doing what they say they are going to do on a real timeline. Players will have something they can work on getting over the next few months without 50 of them popping up just bullying the rest of the server population at one time. Nobody should have really thought there should be floods of the new ships flying around this month, but I know that is the real focus of the thread. I find it a nice Marathon as I never got into sprint. Keep up the good work, Devs. With the real focus in the short term being bug fixes, hopefully starting with US time, I look forward to things to come. Lastly, lets not pick on that bored looking guy *acho*Okapi/OP32*acho.* He is really one of us, a real player that has managed to break into the team in order to help get the Dev's attention about our needs. No player looks excited all the time and with playing the game now a job, lets be real, all day long is a lot to do for most players. I need a break every two hours min.

11. On an event such as this, maybe it should have a 'rolling' difficulty scale.
    Low end of the scale would be 4 (the minimum) low end players (levels 5-7?) - relative boss level would be difficult for the 4 to deal with.
    High end would be catering to the maximum of 8 players of level 20+ and be as difficult for them to take out their level boss as it is for the low end difficulty gate players.

In between is a huge area that the number of players and their total of play levels would be used to determine of 'hard' the boss and it's merry band of supporters would be.

12. ...WAR...

...WAR... User

overall i like what they are trying to do but they must think it over more carefully before excecuting.as it is all the op players will get the ship atleast some of them :) and none of the low medium and most high players yould get.me personally i love the event as a concept put the execution was wrong.i am an ultra fe player and just becouse my play times are late night till morning i cant play the gate.
    good think to do is make a solo event gate as well.the times that others players forms groups and that is mostly afternoon am working.
    also many players i know as well.why op the already op players? help the little ones too.:)and the boss dificulty should change to th level of players in gate at the time.

dave-wasson likes this.
  13. Totally agree, or reduce the hp/shiled and the ish waves

14. -ЩarΛnt-

-ЩarΛnt- User

Something for the developers to take in mind, regarding group gates:

I play on Global Europe 4. This was advised, way back when, because there was no specific server for my country.

On the chat, there are rarely more than ten people.
    Because the chat is separated by language, it's very hard to reach for example bulgarian, romanian or turkish players.
    You need to be able to be in a group with them, to be able to talk to them. But since they usually already are in group, you need to try to get yourself invited, which is impossible, if you already managed to find one or two guys for your own group.

multilingual chat would be an improvement, but currently, it's not even allowed to chat a different language than the one you're in at that time. Go figure!

15. Rubbishiest event ever...

neoonoma likes this.
  16. SloopJohn

SloopJohn User

I liked the event and hope that the new one begins soon!

17. There were worse events with bad quests and without a "not useful" gate. I have called them "bonus box events".

18. The things that ruined it were, the gate wasn't rewarding in terms of Oil. The plagued Gyger were really cheap aliens flying around the map and there was not much need for them once you finished the quests. The spider boss was good though I suppose...

One more thing, by the time you rebalanced it FOR OIL DROPS I had already fininshed all the quests and couldnt be bothered to do the gate again...

Last edited by moderator: May 7, 2017
  19. snuffout

snuffout User

Continual CPU renewal, Find groups, minimum wage. Pure Junk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.