[Pre-production] Balance Patch: The Emerging Light

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by OP32, Sep 20, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bakjam

Bakjam User

FEEDBACK ON SHIP CHANGES

I'm glad to see you guys are moving in the right direction by releasing patch notes. I would like to respond to some of the changes though. To make things easy I replied in yellow in the quote. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

2. I put a lot of Uri and ammo and payed Boosters to get these New Ships with their abilities that they came with! I don't think you should Nerf the Cyborg. Hammerclaw or Memisis at all. You put them out with a certain Spec, and now that we've worked hard for Months to get them, you want to Nerf them? No Good, No Good at All !!

3. Loving the balance patch.

My opinions:

-Moth PENETRATION should be a nerf (as 2 ufes can easily shred hp) Since the shield drain is useless if the enemy is on assassin config anyways)

-Venom should have like a 10% dmg bonus, i mean it wouldnt hurt, cyborg is still the bigger meaner brother which goes to the gym. Or just change the venom ability to like 5% dmg to hp (like the energy leech)

-Senti, will be overpowered and become the new spectrum tbh. 65 seconds is indeed a long duration, you could just sab spectrum on drill and be full shields and then burst the spectrum. The only counter is diminisher..

-diminisher, too strong. the 30% shield loss was fine before but now its only 10%?! and not only that but 60% dmg shield dmg :O. you guys remember what happened to demaner frieghters right? this will make them live for 5 seconds now instead of 10 lol. frankly this is worse than the current moth 20% penetration, because atleast you can counter moth with solace or crab.

The rest sound reasonable and will provide more answers during testing. the vengance died when pusat came out (because it was basically a vengy design) you can add a passive 5% shield penetration on the vengy so people can use it in gates or like a 10% evasive boost or credit boost (as op32 jokingly said) the vengeance needs some love or just make it a credit ship lmao

Loving the goliath X change, will deffo use it more since the 10% and 5% combo go really well together.

Below are ideas that came to me while writing about the patch notes, didnt know where to put them but they can still be tied to patch nots.

talking about credit ships, they are obviously useless since the lenovo is the strongest and you can get it for 10k to 100k creds on pretty much every server. why not add a bonus to credit ships? since they are meant to help noobs, a 20% dmg on liberator wouldnt hurt lol or like a 20% xp bonus for liberator. something to make them more fun for noobs to use and perhaps even ufes to hop in for a laugh. heck, i would hop into the phoenix if it boosted the chance for me to get scrap (hint hint)
    TBH i really enjoyed the low Cooldowns on ships because it helped me farm better, i dont pvp much so it was extremely useful for me to hop into dimi and kill uber pirates or UBKs. I have already dropped a lot of crazy ideas so one last wouldnt hurt, just add two modes "pvp and pve" like configs, you can have shorter cooldowns on PVE mode and longer 14 mins on PVP. So you can only use abilites on players if youre in pvp mode and same with pve mode

Ty for reading.

4. murdoc01

murdoc01 User

anyo0ne using moth now will get smashed to peaces lol

5. FIGH†ER

FIGH†ER User

Most of these changes appear to be a good idea, although some of them seem a bit random.
    Looking forward to the new Citadel especially. It makes me wonder of a small thing though, what about the bonus from Aegis/Citadel/Spearhead Veteran ships (5% honor + 5% XP)? Will it be removed completely for the Aegis/Citadel/Spearhead ships?

Finally I have one big point of critic concerning the Cyborg. While the 2 other new ships have only been buffed, the Cyborg was harshly nerfed. Me, as someone who finally got his Cyborg just a few days ago after a hard bit of work, feels a bit cheated now obviously. I remember that the 3 new ships were supposed to be a new era of ships and therefore rightfully better than the old ships. That's why I don't really understand the changes. The Singularity ability (so counts for Venom too) can be, in contrast to the abilities of most other ships, very easily countered by using an EMP. So I would see it as a fair way to have it's cooldown maybe 50% of the other ships (mainly Solace and Spectrum). However, the duration should stay the same (especially thinking about its PvE abilites).

6. I only have one problem with this update, shield is better than sword.

I agree with all changes overall but I'm not happy with cooldown of offensive ships.
    90 sec duration of sentinel is ok for big fights like spaceball so you can keep to be in fight, solace finally get balanced couse 8 solace in group is just crazy.
    My only problem is way to big cooldown on diminisher 840 and cyborg 900 secounds. While you have great dmg you are much easier target and because you can die much faster you should be rewarder to burst down people more frequently.
    Following that cooldown on offensive ships should be at least 50% lower than on surviving ships such as solace, hammer, spectrum ...

This patch say you will not die if you don't fly diminisher or cyborg, basicly balancing changes will turn PVP fight into if you can't kill him you still have chanse to run.

7. I support you iron!!!1!!!!1!!11

8. TARTARUS
    • Speed Buff reduced from +40% to +30%.
    • Rapid Fire cooldown reduced from 40 seconds to 24 seconds.
    Dev notes:
    The aim of the Tartarus was to provide a speed ship with high periodic DPS.

The big issue was the Tartarus filled one of these roles extremely well, the speed, however the periodic DPS was very lacking and largely went unnoticed.

The way this ship was used caused a large amount of frustration as a good Tartarus player would never die, but their ship was too weak to actually kill anything, so in most circumstances it was merely a troll ship in PvP.

The Tartarus now has 577 speed when the Speed Buff is active, however it can now deal a lot more damage with the Rapid Fire than before, meaning it can put up a good fight with its improved DPS.

The rapid fire will still be useless, now you will have a ship that does NOTHING well. A player using a Tartarus still won't deal enough damage to win a real PvP and now that player can't get away either. It is still too weak to win, it only has 14 laser slots and takes a -5% on laser damage if you are using the speed ability. You've now rendered it totally useless. Bet I can kill one with a pusat now, load the pusat up with hyper lf4 and with it's superior firepower, better speed, and the HP buff from hyperplasmoids it should be a tart killer, especially if you use some techs like energy leech and battle repair bot .

I'm certain that now that I have almost enough oil to craft ONE of these ships that I have wasted my time. There's no reason for me to craft a cyborg for sure.

I think maybe it would be beneficial for the players to be listened to a little more .....

neoonoma likes this.
  9. As the best player of the game and the winner of every JPA darkorbit ever made I want to help the devolpers out with my feedback. XD

I will start with the things that still need to be changed.

Still to OP / BAD (Formations)

1. [CRAB]
    Well crab is a good formation to counter moth. The Problem is that you can reach maximum 100% and you just tank 8% on your shield instead of 20% if your pilot sheet is on MAX. There is a cap and you cant reach 112% because it should be 92% + 20 = 112%. The problem is it can go for maximum of 100%. Thats why moth is still to strong for the crab formation. Unless you guys fix the 100% cap or make moth like 12% and not 20%.

2. [DOME]
    Dome is way to OP how with that 1.5 % reg. If you are in a group with 130% more shield you easly reach 2.5mio Shields. And people will use DOME and just run and regenerate their shield. Or just use it in middle of fight. It would be the new OP as **** formation. So for example: You are in a full group with 2.5 Mio shield in your stand config and fight someone who fights allone. He is in ring and deals like 33k x4 dmg. And you have 2.5mio shields + 1.5% reg. So you can heal 37,5k shields in a second so he wont make any DMG to you unless he use rsb but still way to OP. If this formations comes out like that then this game will be broke.
    Other thing is, it makes the diamond formation complettly useless. Its just to OP. Maybe put like 0.25%. with that you would still take a good advantage and regenerate like 6-9k.

3. [DOUBLE ARROW]
    Well I dont understand why buff this Formation? We just got a nerf for moth and now we got the new anoying formation that people who cant play PVP will use on you all the time.
    MOTH used to be a formation that should only be used when a enemy switched config to slow or something. Not to fight with it the whole fight. And this formation will be the new moth for the bad players. So i would prefer to add -2% Own shield depletion rate. So people wont use it the whole fight.

4. [MOTH]
    Well you nerved it well, but as I said above with the bugged 100% cap, this formation will still kill a crab formation.
    When someone use Crab he will still lose more HP then it should be, because of the 100% cap. Crap should have 112% and not 100%. So Crap gives only a bonus of 8% instead of 20%. Thats why that formation is still OP when someone is low HP.
    So either you fix the Cap with the 100% instead of 112% or you just nerv the Moth to something like 12% so it will be balanced.

5. [RING]
    Ring is nerved well, but i would like to see less shield. Because 85% is still to much to be honest. And people can still easy moth you away without Solace. I would like to see something like 60% and a nerf for dome to something like 40%. Otherwise people will moth your second config becaue your shield is to high and your HP to low.

6. [STAR]
    Not to OP, but makes princer complettly useless. Unless you are not getting attacked the whole fight. Because 10% evasion is way better then 3% more dmg. + Dont forget the Rocket damage. 25%. So i can throw princer out of my quicklost.
    Ofcourse it can be the new princer, but i dont know if you knew that it would kill princer.

Now OP / BAD SHIPS:

1.[AEGIS]
    useless beacuse of Hammerclaw. Only thing is better is the Speed. So it can be a option for a Solo Player. But that Ship used to be a group ship. Hammerclaw just killed the Aegis :/.

2.[Citadel]
    Increasing the Stats of the Ship is a really bad idea. If you have a decent group and someone fly an Citadel in your Group then it can tank the whole dmg. It was always a strong ship from the stats. But people are selfish and just used that Ship for bases. With that Ship you are based on your teammates and people are always trying to get kills in that game. Thats why nobody play'd it. But the states are even better then one from a goliath.
    If it get a Speed buff it should be fine, but making stats better is really bad. Its already OP in a group, just the movment is bad.
    SO solution is: Let it like it is, the stats are OP even now, just bring the changes to the alibitys and their speed.

3.[CYBORG]
    This Ship has the power of a surgeon, + a OP alibity. ITS just to OP. I mean surgeon is op to, but that has a alibity with it.
    This ship needs a nerf in one of these things:
    Put the stats from a normal goliath and keep the Cyborg alibity, OR remove the cyborg alibity and put something like a small Venom alibity.
    Because its just to OverPowered to have a Surgeon stats ship + a OP alibity that kills the venom ez.

4.[Hammerclaw]
    This ship is currently just to strong and has OP alibitys that are way better then aegis alibitys.
    And the stats are even better. So this is the same with the Example of a Venom and a Cyborg.
    Hammerclaw KILLS Aegis
    Cyborg KILLS Venom
    The only thing that is good about this ship is, that its slow and can only be used with a group. But buff the Speed + the Stats is a really bad idea. Ecpesially the Sats are to strong even atm. If you improve the speed of it too, then its gonna be the new OP ship and it would be killing everything even if you fly it allone.
    Just dont touch it !!! Or even nerve the stats a bit and dont buff them LOL o_O

5.[Tartarus]
    Well when i read the Post you said: We want to make an update that bring more people to use diffrent ships.
    But to be honest. Even with that 30% nerf it will still be OP speed compared to Pusat, Veng, Lightling etc...
    It should actually be slower then a Pusat, because it is stronger then a Pusat with the stats + faster.
    WELL nobody will fly a pusat or lightling when theres a Tartarus with better Stats + Higher Speed. But if the Pusat is faster, then people will maybe use pusat and lightling again.
    But now everyone just use Tartarus and that wont be changed if its still faster then a Pusat.
    So the Speed buff for the alibity should be atleast 15-20% or max 25%. And not 30. Because 30% is still way to fast. Unless you have a cyborg / surgeon and the Tartarus infected.

6.[Venom]
    Useless as always because Cyborg :)
    Thats it. I think thats all that should be done diffrent. Because some things like Dome are not really thinked well. If this formations comes out with that 1.5% reg then its RIP pvp again.
    Well the rest is pretty nice and i would maybe get fun playing pvp again.
    Also other thing that should get a nerve or Updates that came to darkorbit and just destroyed the game really hard:

[Shared boosters in Group :mad:]
    Why?
    1.If you fly allone and met a 8 man group you cant handle even one of them even if you met him allone on the Map because he has 80% more shield then you, 40% more dmg then you and 40% more HP then you. SOLO hunting is impossible because of that stupid update. Who came to that idea???

2. You cant make a fair 1vs1 in 4-4 now.

3. You dont need to have good comunication now. When your group had skills and ts, u just flight with them on 1 place so you get shared boosters. But now everyone can just fly allone and that makes the game less kills provided.
    Not so important, but would be nice:

[Infection Serum CPU]
    First of all, 10 Anti Serum in 1 Cpu is to low, there should be something like 20 atleast, because nobody like to logout and relog so often. The Hangar isnt even smooth.
    + really important: A config saving option. I DONT KNOW why this game dont has that since 10 years.

So Devolpers: U should hear my voice :D i won the jackpot like 20x times in a row and killed everyone 1 config. So i know that this changes would be good :D
    Just kidding, good luck with the game maybe i get active again. But I also hope you dont get the game RIPPED with the dome or something :p

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. The changes are good, idk about ring since it might be hard to fight 2v1 3v1 and so on since our "shield" is nerfed, but the enemy damage is still the same as always. I'd also like to know why people cry about cyborg, the ship itself is overpowered even without the skill, I still think 16 lasers + 10% dmg and 16 slots is too much, its heavy side has more damage than a pvp design or surgeon and more shield than a defense design, not to mention the speed (really my friends x3 is almost my x4), the other new ships are more balanced. It might be wise not to make it too strong, as eventually everyone will only fly that ship. The events have been giving a steady flow of oil, I myself have 200 oils and havent done a single q zone. Overall, the changes are good, btw vengeance can still be used as it has more hp than a pusat.. a skilled lightning could destroy a pusat. In fact i'd still run a vengeance against a tartarus.

Edit: as said above we need more infection cures, everyone has access to infection ammo and 15 is too low.

11. Megop

Megop User

some changes are good for example the drone formation dome , or chevron are good changes but i thing the RING and MOHT are very hard changes change from 120% to 85% after we are so accustomed maybe should consider it , and the ships as solace,spectrum, venom,cyborg, are in needed changes the ships are fine that way , the ships type aegis citadel and spearhead is good changes , anyway I think they should consider some changes

12. when is this goin into effect?

13. They don't say anything about removing the 5K-shield-per-second cap, so DOME is pretty ok.

14. you know that the 5k shield per second cap is only for diamond right? There is no cap for dome or any other formations. And lets be honest nobody likes to fly Ring < Dome < Hearth < Star < Drill. Thats just to much formations :) So it will be very hard to fight and concentrate on formations too. I think nobody would be good enough to play like that, maybe in 1vs1 one of the best players but not for teamfights.
    So with dome you need to use 2 more formation then now. Hearth and dome. I think 5 Formations are just to much^^

15. The maximum shield with 20 shields in the drones and 120% boosters ( 50% own boosters and 70% from 7 group members ) and so on is 1.832.925. So you regenerate 18.329 shield / second. And now the question is which ship the enemy is using. When the player with dome and 1.832.925 shield is attacking you then you can kill him with moth. BTW: 8vs1 is not fair anyway.

With e.g. 15 shields in the ship and dome and so on your enemy will have 996.187,5 shield. So you regenerate 9.961 shield / second. And you have -30% laser damage ( more than the current ring formation ). If your enemy has full shields in drones and the ship then he is a) very slow and b) he cant damage you. So he is a free kill if you would attack him with moth. So at the end it doesnt matter how much shields your enemy has. If you attack him with moth then he will die with 2million shields or 10million shields.

Diamond formation is not completely useless. You forgot that you have less laser damage with dome ( -30% ). Dome also reduces your speed by -15%. So he is an easy kill if you know how. If your enemy has 540 speed with promerium he will have 459 speed with dome. If you infect him with PIB ammo then he will have ( i hope i am right ) 390 speed.

16. I don't know, if it is changed, but there was an issue with the DOME formation.
    Rough translation: the shield effect can't exceed 5K shield per second. A German mod receive a respond, that the cap wasn't/ isn't a bug and it was/ is implanted as a feature.

17. 1,832.925 + 40% dome bonus :) = 2,566,095 :D
    And do you really think you can kill someone with moth while you lose -4% shield every second and your enemy gains like 30k shields per second + 55% hp and maybe even solace or hammerclaw / aegis??? If you use that formation with Aegis, Hammerclaw, Solace or a full group then you are unbeatable. Even with 20% HP he cant moth you beacuse he lose his Shields and you get 30k per second. And when his shield is down you can ez kill him with drill because he wont have any shield anymore.
    This Dome is just to overpowered. There is nothing else to say about it. Maybe OP32 forgot to think what 1.5% Shield per second can be.

18. 20 shield generators = 200.000 * 1,25 ( 25% Skilltree ) * 1,4 ( 40% Seprom ) * 2,2 ( 120% shield booster ) * 1,5 ( 10% shield design + 40% dome = 50% ) * 1,15 ( 15% Hercules ) * 1,15 ( 15% drone upgrade level ) * 1,2 ( 20% drone level ) = 1.832.925 shield

If you attack the enemy with moth you dont care about his shield regeneration. You go for the HP. "IF" i have a full group "THEN" i am unbeatable, true. But if i am alone i am beatable.

Without 7 group members you have solo 1.249.762,5 shield with 20 shield generators ;)

One example... A goliath with hercules, full HP boosters and dome formation has 569.100 HP. Alone he has 440.640 HP. Keep in mind that 1vs8 is not fair and see the point 1vs1.

19. men u know that u still lose -4% shield omg
    The enemy lose 0 xD he even get + shield while your shield goes down like butter with moth. So you lose anyways. Its just senless and op. Even if he fly'es allone i know u comming from germany 2 where everyone hunts with 0config and moth, but on ge1 people like that are 1 shoot for us.
    So MOTH is not the key for everything

20. Dude...

Who cares about shield loss if the dome player deals less damage? As i said the enemy can have 10million shield or 100million. It doesnt matter if you use moth. If he uses full shield who cares about your shield loss?

Learn how to counter play the enemy and you will get them with moth always. Outplay your enemys emp / ish and you have free emp / ish to kill him with moth.

I play everytime with 10 shields in drones and always moth and i have no problems. Even if they will increase the shield loss i will use moth. Cause nobody knows how to play against moth.

BTW moth is the best formation in the game. You can beat all with moth.

BTW how you should be one shot from a full shield player?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.