Private server

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by þå®å§¦†£, Sep 4, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why do i keep getting redirected to the private server [removed].

Last edited by moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    ĐяJuiceя~ likes this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig bp_phrase_Forum_General

Hi there,

I have had to remove the name of the private server since that is something we do not advocate.

Could you please provide more detail as to how you were redirected? For example, what page were you on? Were you trying to perform a task? Did you click a button?

Any further information you can provide would be incredibly helpful.

~Ddraig

3. I was doing normal login @ darkorbit.com. As soon as i would hit the login tab it would redirect me to pvp (the name i gave). Then after doing my own looking i find that is ran by one of the employees of dark orbit Mr Jürgen Frerichs. But my question is why. I have never even visited the private server or even had the want to in the first place. I also did some looking into that fella and found out he is also a elite member of the site that hosts all the bots and cheats. Which brings me to yet another question. Why is one of dark orbit development team posting that kind of content on another site. You have to love the ability to cross reference names ip addys And more to find lil tidbits of info that shows a brighter picture.

ĐяJuiceя~ likes this.
  4. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Thing is, since you are the only one reporting it then for you to be getting redirected to the private server you mentioned, that strongly suggests it is something to do with you rather than DO. To be redirected to another site like that sounds like you have downloaded malware, which is even more interesting since the server you mentioned is a long-standing one that is not known for being malicious and is the hard work of several community members.

Also the statement you make about the employee is pretty lucrative, claiming to "cross-references names and IP addresses", implying you have access to this persons IP address, which is another matter in itself ...
    To add to the matter, private servers aren't illegal and more than one owner has been contacted in the past and not told to remove their server but to instead change the log in page so it does not look like the DarkOrbit one does to avoid player confusion thinking it is official.

Of-course, you know the place for things such as what you claim is support.

chixonator likes this.
  5. Finding ips is not very hard. Really simple you should know this. Being you have a few skills looking over there githubs and hackpads. I have been around along time and have skills of my own. But just to make you laugh take one of the ppl and do a simple search. On that search if you know the right place you can find all associated ips, last know addy, utilities listed in that name, And so on. With this said do some looking for yourself and see. Then when your done come back and Change your post to man you have skills. Btw epvp
    gabrielcool1

6. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

To gain someone IP you must have had some form of interaction with them, such as teamspeak or skype or their computer, since you mention neither and instead refer to github for code and hackpads you are implying right now that you hacked a DO developer.

Also, Gabriel is Spanish. Jürgen Frerichs is German.
    I think it would be very wise of you to not throw around random terminology to make people assume you know what you are talking about, because to anyone who has any clue you look like a fool right now.

You are also digging yourself a deep and serious hole. Accusing a random developer of tampering with users and then going on to say you used hackpads to gain access to his IP.

7. ASTRAEA

ASTRAEA User

Thank you very much for thoughts and input in to this thread,

However before it gets to far out of control I will merely direct you as follows:

If in fact you have proof and feel that this issue needs further investigation, I would recommend that you contact support and explain the issue and request this be looked into.

As for your being re-directed. This is not something being done by Dark Orbit, as we want players to actually enjoy the game on the servers we provide. Not private ones.

I hope this helps to answer your question.
    Please have a great day!
    Astraea

This thread is closed as referred to support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.