Producer's dialogue feedback (31-07-2015)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by .[NightMare]., Jul 31, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please post your feedback from the producer's dialogue here. After all a dialogue takes more than one.

Please remember the forums rules when posting .

2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

All sounds very exciting, looking forward to the twitch streams :D
    Going to make sure I save up on uridium to start bashing out the new GG ^^

Just wanted to say though that the last couple of months have been a massive improvement. All along we were told that you guys cared about the game but now it shows, just the small things like Rick answering the questions in General Issues, Silvanito responding to feedback in Speakers Corner or Kerensky's visit to the revealed thread are massive.
    If somebody asked me last year if I thought the devs cared about this game at all last I would have said no without a doubt but now it is definitely the opposite reaction.

jackknife, *Boots*, Azarameus and 2 others like this.
  3. *Boots*

*Boots* User

I would like to reiterate what okapi said. It seems as though you folks are considering the players as a whole community more, and working to make communication and game play better. I personally experienced this when I bought 28 booty keys and got 3 lf4 out of them. A year ago before I quit I wouldn't have thought that possible. I did still hear on chat that people were spending similarly and not receiving such positive results so I'm sort of on the fence here(but leaning toward thinking the booty key debacle and chance are improving).

There are a few things I would like you all to consider:

-allowing a porting of accounts or at least items in accounts(I have three accounts with varying levels of items that I would like to consolidate if its possible) I started two accounts as a paying player and as a result of the ridiculous amount of money everything was costing me I made a third "free" account which is now more 'built up' than the pay accounts, so I would like to consolidate each accounts "items" into 1.

-allow 1 port per year so you can play with different players around the world. I found setting up an account in GB1 was great! I've made many friends there and if there is no real penalty to it people should be able to experience this without 'starting over'. The one year part is to keep things 'stable'.

-account insurance some fee you pay so that if some clever person out there gets your information you can restore your gameplay to what it was at a time before the 'hack'. No matter who's 'fault' it is when you're paying hundreds and possibly thousands of (insert your currency here) to play a game and you lose that account, its beyond words how terrible that is.

Things to consider as you move forward:)

Boots

4. What else is coming with new GG ??? Hope u dont bring anything else to destroy this game.

5. jackknife

jackknife User

I like the point about the economy and as a newish player it's just dang expensive. It will be hard though as I understand it, people playing for years and putting in a lot of cash into the game.

It will be a hard nut to crack! However, you have to adjust it somehow. I personally don't want to drop 2k into the game as it sits. Sorry about that. On the other hand I will invest if I can progress at a reasonable manner for a reasonable price. That is the hard part, but we do need new players and have them be able to build their ships a little more faster.

Good luck with this part i've been thinking about it for over a year and I have only a few small ideas.

6. SauronL

SauronL User

I want parasite event becuz of EBOLA that is really perfect ! sadly i bought only few thousands of mines and ammo.
    Darkorbit developers should increase uridium drop or make double or triple uridium events such as spaceball, team deathmatch and so.

Training arena: Oh yea, its cool , but it still have several lags. It ported me there too late or i just spawned with no hp or not shields and i wasnt able to win it cuz of that. PPls that in fair fight wouldnt even have chance to take my shields down kill me there cuz of those ridiculous lags.

Also i dont like it becuz i feel it like a waste of ammo and boosters. I think it would become very very popular if they would decrease reward (500uri) which is very small anyways and they would make endless rounds off ammunition and endless timed boosters there. Because its training arena, not wasting. So i think ppls there should learn how to fight and this is possible only with that. Saw many ppls there only using x1 hoping to get noober enemy using also x1 to win 500 uri reward. Thats just wrong. Make it as i said and it would be become popular. Or just increase its reward for everything u wasted there: Meant oh so he used 2 EMPs , 2 Ishs this and this rounds of ammo so he gonna get 7k uri as a reward. Instead of guy that was using x1 and win will get nothing.

Hope someone will atleast read what i said. Regards

7. Thank you Rick for the update. Looking forward to the new Galaxy Gate ;)

"the next system we announce will be more broadly applicable to everyone, should breathe additional life into our existing Maps and Gates, and may also take some “deprecated” items off your hands. A bit of a tease, I know – but stay tuned for more."

Although DO is a PvP based game, looks like the DEV team has been listening to many players requests and setting up some sort of NPC bashing reward / achievement system - if this is the case, I say HOORAH!! . Even the most aggressive and seasoned hunters need a break once in a while, while others play the game to simply enjoy killing aliens & doing Galaxy Gates with a minimum amount of stress or combat. This is a good step forward to keeping players interested in the game and introducing another facet to playing DO.

Suggestions:
    First and most important - remove the diminishing returns on bonus boxes.

Bonus Boxes - Juturna, Nov 19, 2013 [Official Announcements] "As a small addition to the new pushing system we have effectively removed the diminishing returns from collecting bonus boxes in quick succession. Since the majority of bots was removed from the game our data showed that only a handful of players across all servers would collect enough boxes to even begin to activate the current system and so we have opted to scrap it."

I don't know when the system was re-implemented, but its obviously back in place. Anyone who boxes for any amount of time see's a significant drop in uri collected. Why are we still penalizing the honest players who purchase the doubler? This system was implemented back when the users of 3rd party scripts were out of hand. This is not the case anymore, but the boxes have not been returned to their original state nonetheless.

Events to bring back --> Pirate Hunt, Solar Clash, Kids Day, Scoremageddon

Additional IDEA's -- > Double bonus box day, double npc rewards day, double gate reward day

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  8. apetown.

apetown. User

I hope that this games newbies get really this time noticed as they need definetly something to increase their gainig speed and fast, otherwise player amounts will shrink even more.

New gg? - Sounds nice for us ufe players :D

Wont gonna happen for sure.

I liked the event too, sadly thers so many pushers and botters existed shooting gygertralls 24/7 too, thats just sad :(

No, no and no

Theyre not penalizing fair player, they penalize the bonus box botters that DO still exist in the game

Yeah this is true, but it doesnt change the fact that botters still exist and can bypass bp scripts.

And they hopefully wont be returned so long as theres real proofs that there is no more botters.

9. Everything said in the "Producer's Dialogue" is good
    I've seen huge improvements in the game since 3D was brought out not too long ago, also i experience less lag.

The event's have been really good i personally think the TA/UBA Seasons are a good idea, gives players a reason to fight and get better at PvP also earn good rewards if among the top players of the Season.

I think the new GG gate(s) that were mentioned is very good but you need to make the gate harder then usual - I have done every GG in DarkOrbit none of the gates were challenging enough. I think you should do a gate like Alpha, Beta and Gamma but with Uber's not basic NPC's this will give players more of a challenge. I also think to make the game more fun you should make a new map example Emperor's I know a new map & new NPC's will take time too make but i think would be a good idea and be more challenge because players will need to work together to defeat the Emperor's

Also I think you should look into a Sever Merge i know there is many issue's with sever merge's but it's something to consider
    In the game mainly at the beginning players are too weak even after training and starter quest, the protection for beginning player is good but i think the protection should last longer.

I play the game on a daily basis, the thing i know people hate's the event days etc Zeus, Apis, Kronos day you should give players a 48 or 24 hour(s) notice before events like this.

Lastly the twitch stream is a brilliant idea it gives players the chance to talk and communicate with the people at Big-Point

10. Hi,
    1)Server Change ( Some people bored playing empty server and go end because anybody dont want new start )
    2)Pilot Sheet Reset Equalization ( I need 200 k Uridium just reset ıts not normal )
    3)Pilot Sheet Extra Page (We need PVP and PVE options )
    4)Uridium Prices (Still so expensive for example full account need 16-20 Mio Uridium)
    5)PVE player need action still all actions only PVP player Battle Station,Spaceball or etc.. ( Please Dont saying Ice Meteroid or others because PVP player waiting ambush .. )
    6)DarkOrbit follow some MOBA game and change game style options (Tournament,Sale skins etc.. )
    We playing maybe 7-8 years DarkOrbit we like new changing 3D,Helix actions but we lose more good player because game still need more money and time...

11. KingLiu

KingLiu User

@RickD. and your mates please make the damn new comming Galaxy Gate a challenge,I wanna get by far more reward as the Gamma and the npcs should also be harder as the gamma npcs.

LOYALTY SYSTEM ? your team mentioned this long time ago,but until now...nothing

12. The new GG should be powerful-er then all gates so far, but the point of how OP the game is players hitting over 300K without diminisher Goliath Design. The hardest gate so far is Kronos but due to the fact of how much players can hit also how much damage players can take before popping is OP, it would be hard to make/Design a GG that would be challenging to UFE players & not to hard for FE/Basic Players who want to try the gate. The new gate should have a system like the 21st December 2014 Birthday Gate, hard + low gate depending on your level.

13. KingLiu

KingLiu User

FE/Baisc Players can do the Lamba,Alpha and Hades !

This Gate shouldn´t be made for lowis,just a damn hard gate with a damn op reward.

It could also be a group gate like the Hades but even harder to manage.

14. As for Server Population i think u really have to do something.

Well if u dont add new items with gate and found a way to merge servers in a battle map instead of merging all server it will be good cause with server merge newbies are not going to play anymore and also some of existing players that farm will not be able to farm so they will make them leave game so think about what will happen before u do those :)

If you add new items that is important for PVP and make big difference like 30% are going to leave and also if u merge servers 2 or 3 in 1 that will make also 30% more to leave too, so we will have same amount of players again playing and wont matter that servers merged, meaning that end of this game will come really fast cause who is not spending money now to buy uri is not buying cause he cannot put that amount in game. So if more stuff come out or a server merge that will make everything really hard to farm with people killing cubes and npcs all time in groups and also hunters that will be around maps. Now u can see 2 or 3 hunters sometimes and if servers gonna merge u will see hunters every time to get easy kills when ppl are farming, causing most of players that cannot spend a lot of money to quit this game and find another game to play. So in my opinion totally server merge is not a good option until u see maps are really dead and then merge with another really dead server, but a battle map among servers should be a great option to increase this game profit and players. Also there u can add among servers events like SpaceBall or Team Deathmatch with higher rewards as there will be more players in SpaceBall but it will be fun. But i think kills in that map should be added to kills in ship kills ranking so u get rank from those.

jackknife likes this.
  15. SpudnicK

SpudnicK User

Ok look ..im having serious difficulties in understanding WHY there constantly has to be new stuff added to the game when its all the NEW stuff that has driven everybody away from the game ?

We do not need more new stuff adding what we need is new players OR server merges as at the moment GB1 is a ghost town with only vru that has any members in it ! At any time of the day or night on any day you can fly around mmo lowers and uppers and not see a SINGLE mmo player anywhere and the same goes for eic maps at certain times !

What needs doing is a massive reverse in the game ...there is WAY too many galaxy gates (why on earth your adding another i do not know) players spend all day simply bashing galaxy gates to chase rank and try to get those vital parts for their ships ! is this what the game is about ? NO ! i never thought so either ! what few players are left in this game do nothing but bash gates and then you wonder why there is no ships in the maps its because everyone is in a galaxy gate !

Those booty boxes need to go and EVERYTHING has to be on sale in the shop for a set price OR on the auction page .
    You say you want players to be able to build a ship faster yet you are prolonging the process with this chance (gambling) rubbish ! The zeus event is a prime example of this as you only put the event on once a week and thats if we are lucky ! this is slowing the progression of players . why have the green booty out constantly for the apis but gold booty only now and then this makes no sense if you want players to progress faster then they are at the moment !

Havoks and hercs designs ! people spend all day in the pally field (another reason the regular maps are so empty) trying to build zeta or kappa yet once they finally get one of these gates built they are then heart broken when they do not receive a drone design at the end ! why why why ? this again is preventing progression not to mention being a complete waste of time for the people spending all day collecting pally . Either put the drone designs in the shop or take away the CHANCE aspect .

X1 ammo (bought with credits) Why is it necessary that this ammo has to have misses (missed shots ) when using it ? All that this is doing is making it take longer for noobs to pop aliens if you fire 10 shots and 4 miss their target its almost doubling the time it would normally take if all shots hit the target . no need for this at all !

X1 and X2 maps ...these maps are so utterly boring and time consuming when a new player has to keep flying back and forth every 5 minutes is it any wonder people register and then quit after 5 minutes ? the description of this game says its a massive action packed multilayer game which gets peoples attention so they register just to find its not what it says on the tin ! X1 and X2 maps need hugely re-doing to add at least some kind of excitement straight away for new players as flying back and forth between base and x2 or x3 or x4 is definitely NOT what they was expecting to have to do when they read the description of this game !

Bonus boxes ...why on earth once we have reached the max jackpot battle money limit do bonus boxes STILL contain jackpot battle contributions in them ? why is this not done the same as the apis parts where by once we have a full apis in reserve then we no longer can collect apis parts ?

The mp3 laser cannon ! Why does this even exist ? get rid of it and simply change the damage the lf1 does ! SIMPLE !

Well i was going to carry on with probably another 20-30 points to make but no one will probably ever read this anyway but if anyone from the development team does read this and finds any of my points useful then please message me and i will give you my full list of everything that's wrong with this game and everything that needs doing to improve it .

By the way i have been playing since the start and watched this game grow to a HUGELY successful game all the way down to what it is now which is shocking and you people know exactly why the maps are empty yet your not willing to actually reverse any of the updates you have made ..sometimes you need to take 2 steps back in order to move forward 3 steps .

_-DarkOverLord-_ likes this.
  16. It shouldn't be a gate like Hades due to the fact with 8 Ageis's any gate is easy

17. Totally not agree with you. The ufe people are getting stronger and stronger, while basic/fe are only getting weaker and weaker compared to ufe people.

18. *Boots*

*Boots* User

You are witnessing arrogance in its most destructive form. This business would be so much more successful if the staff at BP wasn't so absolutely arrogant and condescending to its customer base. Once you've said to yourself: 'I'm better than these people who play this game', any suggestions the players make are considered repulsive. This is extremely bad for business, but I think these people "maybe" just realizing this fact. Only time will tell.

BP Staff should go by the mantra: "players pay our paychecks, so they're more important than the boss"

Until this ethos is realized BP will continue to make an outstanding product but not have self respecting human beings to buy it.

Boots

Blue~Lazer and _-DarkOverLord-_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.