PROMETHEUS LASER

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by »ØPŦ‡MU§_K‡ŁŁ_§[23]«, Dec 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Hi All,

Long, Long time ago on another post that was so important, which I think died.

We were talking about Seprom and using it in the three different places (lasers, rockets, and shields) there was a need for more Seprom, and some of the Pilots said they had more in one of the three slots. One polite said he used a million of Seprom each day playing. Well I don't know how he used that much, but what do I know. He said he played a lot.

I Asked, Why can't we move Seprom to a different slots. That suggestion was a great hit. Even DO like it for what I could tell, and they said they might do it. So now we have this new Prometheus laser that likes to run on Promerium. Here is the time to change out. Why not let the Pilots run with changing out the Laser's Ore to Promerium by moving it to another slot. That way they can keep their hard work building up the Seprom. I for one have Millions in Lasers Slot and don't want to loose it.

This is a win, win for everyone. Not the ones that have replaced their Seprom with Promerium won't be happy, and I'm sorry for that, but it will help the rest of us. Maybe even I may go out to get this Prometheus Laser and change my ore for it.

Angus

2. So they didnt tell us that we can or i didnt know that i can still get the new Lasers without losing my sep. The first 10 is easy because you get them as a reward you have to put prom on your lasers to start getting quest, however if you have millions of sep you can go in BL maps and farm Attends 6000 rinusk gives you 1 lasers. So dont lose your sep i lost 1.8 million and i am still mad about it

3. You cannot pay your way through Blacklight at this time. There are no resources available to purchase with Uridium nor real currency.

4. yea but when enhanced lf4s came out, everybody who upgraded regular lf4s to level 16 were all upset and now the same people who did the laser storm event and spammed gates to get the lf4 enhancements now have to switch to prometheus lasers. It kind of is a money grab because who knows they might released a lf4 enhancements came out last year of February who knows maybe in 2019 they'll release a lf5 laser to replace prometheus lol. even though they give 11 or 12 lasers away via the missions, it still makes the gap for a noob to become a ufe a lot harder since you need to be level 19 to enter the map and these maps are usually owned by MCC

WarriorAngus and DarkAnarchy1 like this.
  5. The way i see it is i have lvl 16 lf4's and the hp and others and promethius but i also have a bunch of ships i have been trying to equip so they will all come in usefull.

KilerStreak likes this.
  6. Why would you ever switch over to the Prometheus Lasers? They are only good for the Blacklight NPCs. As of now, level 16 or the new LF4s, remain superior to the Prometheus lasers.

7. Ya I was kind of wondering this KilerStreak. I have 8 of these new Prometheus lasers now and I don't notice any difference at all. Actually, I sep'd up and went on a little hunt last night and to be honest my damage performance was less with these Prometheus lasers on than my usual setup. So I see no advantage to these as of yet. I have removed these new Prometheus lasers from my ship and tossed them into the hanger bin for now.

-FT

**Success is never Final & Failure is never Fatal**

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    dave-wasson likes this.
  8. Yes you will not notice a difference much in the damage but what you will notice is the extra hit of extra damage every 5th hit and that makes the difference in damage, from what i understand is they give an extra 18 damage above the rest of the lf4s and that's per promethius laser and doesn't matter what ammo is used extra damage was still the same. The real benefit is obviously the extra damage you receive in the blm and that helps to craft many good things in assembly like ammo seprom lf4s and so on....

9. Kante.

Kante. User

For the bonus damage you pay by the weaker, regular damage, on the regular maps. The Prometheus do less damage on regular maps then enhanced LF-4, but is better then regular LF-4. I have 17 of them. With mix of enhanced LF-4 I did super Icemeteroid regulary. With Prometheus I got killed. They are excellent only on the Blacklight maps.

10. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

can you help me?
    do the extra dmg only work against bl maps aliens or also bl maps enemy players?
    i see i hit harder on invoke and other aliens but i simply hit normal with enemy players. i am not talking about 5th shoot just general laser dmg.

11. 3,5x damage is only against BL npcs not players

Peo0pl3GA5 likes this.
  12. olleH

olleH User

Aside of the bonus damage against bl npc, the average damage of Prometheus lasers against everything is swell much higher than any other lf4.
    I don't understand ppl who already have the lasers and don't realize it yet...

Prometheus are swell the superior laser in pvp, especially when you use them effectively/tactical...but even if you fight the same way as before.

13. Lost~Soul

Lost~Soul User

lol, its not meant for pvp, but as usual another coding coc k-up.
    the so called dev's on this game are just useless.

14. This booster is terrible. My messages keep being deleted on this forum and it's really annoying.

For PvP hyperplasmoid is better and for PvE I don't think it really matters what laser you use. Obviously, prometheus is better for BL.

15. For pve prometheus is better because you do more damage and the hp boost of Hyperplasmoid is useless. For pvp prometheus is always and i repeat always better than hyperplasmoid, not by a long margin(only a couple of thousands) but it is still better. Do the math and you'll see it yourself (This is calculating Full prometheus and full hyperplasmoid)
    Hyperplasmoid can be useful cause you can tank more, but in the end you'll do way less damage

olleH likes this.
  16. No, the HP bonus is very useful. With double Hp boosters you have over 600,000 health and 700,000 shield. How you can die to one person? You cannot. If they aren't using Diminisher you are very hard to be killed. I don't know where you got that from, it's not "way less" damage, it's just less. It's barely even noticeable if you are UFE with 50pp and damage boosters.

All prometheus does is gives damage and removes HP from the hypers, it's not worth it. The damage increase doesn't justify losing so much hitpoints.

By the way, i have done the maths multiple times, you can view it here.

Don't come on here as an apprentice and start chatting crap to me about what laser is better. I've played for over 10 years, I don't need to argue with you when I know what is better.

I'm still testing in PvP how I want to use my configurations, right now I'm doing half prometheus and half hypers on my main battle and full hypers on my other one and it's working very well because I can initiate fights with a large amount of hitpoints then start dealing slightly more damage when my hitpoints has already been reduced.

17. olleH

olleH User

Still, you miss out many details...

1. You start in ring formation, which means the HP boost of hyper is pretty few

2. In pvp situations you can always use HP repair techs, "best laser" means for me especially for 1 vs 1/ group fights and there you mostly use at least one HP regaining tech

3. If it isn't a very unbalanced fight, you will probably kite/ move in-and-out. This means short breaks in the fight ("reloading the bonus shot") and so you can use the high damage shot with rsb multiple times, when moving in again..the hyper guy can't profit from this.

4. The high damage shot will "never miss" ..if it misses, the next shot will be boosted. If this one misses again, 3rd shot boosted.(another passive boost of the average damage per shot of Prometheus lasers)

I won't go on further, as some ppl will always insist on their opinion or perhaps for some players for whom pvp means "to survive longer(...)", not using techs and damage boosters etc, the hyperplasmoids are still better...

For me as an "advanced player" having full equip, ammo, boosts etc., there is just one possible place for hypers left and that's the "tank" role with citadel.

giocodimerda123 likes this.
  18. Cool, I'll happily debunk this too.

1. I actually start on heart, so lets move on.

2. How is this relevant? No matter what laser is equipped the techs will be useful.

3. That's not really a 1v1 if you are just running away so I don't get the point. But both people can do that so again, whats that gotta do with which laser is better?

4. Actually it can miss and the bonus damage is lost if it does miss.

5. No, it's not for a tank. Hyperplasmoids are better when you play with heart because your HP is insanely high, over 600,000 while if your opponent has none they have a lot less than you meaning with good ISH and EMP usage the extra damage will be null and void.

Feel free to go further, I will happily argue any bad arguments you have sir.

19. The extra health from full hypers can literally be nullified by one boosted salvo of rsb. Feel free to keep debating a moot point.

olleH likes this.
  20. If they have no shield, but it's still over 100,000 more than if you don't have them so I don't see your argument here? If you got no shield on prometheus you are just screwed if you have no means of escape or defending yourself because you are literally a three shot kill for pretty much any UFE with any lasers even just regular upgraded LF-4s.

So, again, what's your point with this? Anyone is screwed without shields. I don't see the argument here.