PROMETHEUS LASER

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by »ØPŦ‡MU§_K‡ŁŁ_§[23]«, Dec 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. olleH

olleH User

I will write once more but that's the last time answering to you as you don't seem to understand anything.

You will only have a reasonable bonus of HP with hp lasers, when you start in heart.

You will 100% lose against any sort of lf4, when enemy starts in ring, you start in heart
    And both players are equally skilled/boosted/equipped.

Both starting in ring, the damage boost of the Prometheus is way stronger than the 40-70K HP bonus.

When you swell take all the special aspects of the prometheus into account, which I mentioned some messages above and which you obviously haven't understood, they are even more op.

That's it for me to this topic as I get tired of replying to you...

Sgt_Ocker and giocodimerda123 like this.
  2. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

4. Actually the bonus shot can't miss - It will stay active until it hits its target [Read the thread regarding Promi lasers, it is quite clear]

5. Heart with hypers vs full promi with ring/drill, Hypers lose every time - 5 volleys from hypers will see ring lose half shield, the same 5 from promi will see heart with no shield, switch to drill, 2 volleys and Hypers HP is gone ish may save you for 1 more volley. If you ish emp, nobody wins as you've run away.
    So I guess yes, if you run hypers and heart then use ish emp cloak, you may not get popped. Otherwise promi lasers win.

NB; I used to run Hypers and heart, then Promi lasers arrived and i started losing more than I won. Now i run Promi lasers.

olleH and giocodimerda123 like this.
  3. Okay, I will only read this then, and you are the confused one sir.

Actually it can miss. Also no, hypers don't lose every time. Think you just haven't experimented with it or gone up against anyone who will kick your ass with it in-game.

Just as a note, I'm not talking about JPA, I'm talking about every day fighting in the actual game.

Have you ever considered you are just bad at the game? Think about that.

4. Sgt_Ocker

Sgt_Ocker User

No it can't, I've spent the last half an hour testing it with 3 others from my clan.
    The bonus shot will continue to be active until it hits its target, so yes while normal lasers miss as do Promi, unlike normal lasers the Promi will keep trying until the bonus shot hits.

NB; JPA, was removed years ago.
    Actual fighting in game, we are often outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1, I'm glad i have my Promi lasers or i would spend a LOT more time repairing.

FYI; Cyborg with full Hypers and heart vs 36 Promi - Hypers, Dead in 11 volleys and one smart bomb, he did manage to emp, sadly he didn't move and died to my smart bomb. It was a friend from another company, we did it to test your theory (which we both found to be wrong).

I will admit i am not the best at PVP but I know i win more now with Promi lasers than I did with full Hypers vs Promi lasers.

olleH likes this.
  5. Yes actually the best laser is Prometheus (i will put a guide soon).

Lets see.
    Hyperplsmoid 212 dmg standard *36 laser = 7632
    Prometheus 210 standard *36 = 7560 but we have 200 extra every 5 sec so: 200*36 = 7200 extra dmg

If we take the difference btw Hyper dmg and Prometehus 212-210 = 2*36(lasers)*5(sec) = 360

So Prometheus extra dmg 7200 - 360 (the difference in dmg btw extra dmg in 5 sec) = 6840 dmg

Standard x1 (calcules on top).
    With x4 (UCB)
    Hyperplasmoid: 360*4= 1440 (extra dmg in 5 sec)
    Prometheus: 7200*4= 28800 (extra dmg every 5 sec)

Then 28800-1440 = 27360

For the ones a bit less smart, lets suppose hyperlasmoid & prometheus have the same standard dmg 210, and every 5 sec they shoot extra 2 and 200.
    For 5 sec we shoot both 7560
    after 5 sec:
    Hyperplasmoid shoot: 7560+360 = 7920
    Prometheus shoot: 7560+7200 = 14.760

7.920 : 100 = 14.760 : X
    X = (14.760*100)/7920 = 186.36.... - 100 = 86,36

That mean Prometheus make 86.36%(+/-) more dmg in 5 sec than hyperplasmoid.

secondhyperplasmoidprometheus
    1​
    7632​
    14760​
    2​
    7632​
    7200​
    3​
    7632​
    7200​
    4​
    7632​
    7200​
    5​
    7632​
    7200​
    6​
    7632​
    14760​
    TOT​
    45792​
    58320​
    So yes, Prometheus is the best laser.

i edited with right values

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    giocodimerda123 likes this.
  6. olleH

olleH User

Hyper has a standard damage of 212 which is linear to lvl16 lf4 damage of 212...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  7. Pretty irrelevant argument so let's just ignore it since every laser shot has a chance to miss so it has no purpose for this argument.

That makes no sense. Regardless what laser you have, it has nothing to do with taking damage or being shot by more than one target.

Your clan mates are bad? I mean, what am I suppose to say to this? I've tried it myself and both lasers are good. But full prometheus sets your hitpoints low, means PIB ammo is going to destroy you with SMB.

Most your points are really pointless to be honest.

8. Kante.

Kante. User

It's not so simple. There are boosters, skills, drones and their designs, etc. They do not affect the bonus damage of Prometheus, but they affect the 2 point difference between their base damage.

9. evansnow

evansnow User

does anyone know the difference in damage using sep vs prom on these lasers?

10. Kante.

Kante. User

Page1.

11. it depends how many you have. Full prometheus is around 150-200k average damage (EVERY 5 SECONDS), so prom will be around 35% less than Seprom. Keep in mind this is pretty close to the maximum damage in PvP that you can do with these lasers.

12. olleH

olleH User

Prom boosts your laser damage with 30%
    Seprom boosts with 60%

Same with all lasers...:rolleyes:

13. Hi All,

I just had an idea.

One of my biggest complaint about this new laser is exchanging my Seprom for Promerium. I have millions of Seprom on my main ship and a lot on the other 2 ships/servers. So I don't want to lose it. It took me years to get them loaded up. It would be a waste of my time working on this over the years to build up my weapons slots to have Seprom at the ready. To me it isn't worth it to change it over. My newest ship maybe because I don't have much, and it is still a baby (young pilot) low level.

So here is my Idea. We now can sell Seprom at the space station. How about, we can sell it from our ship weapons. Or we can transfer back up to the Seprom slot, and then sell it. That way we can empty our Lasers and Rockets so we can load up with the Promerium, and we can get credits too. I don't need credits because presa, but it would make me feel better. To empty my slot or reduce it down for an even exchange. Because we now can only have 999,999 in our slots, and I might exchange it for that. So let me sell the rest off. For something new, that way I didn't lose anything. It is a win, win.

That is why I feel when asked to do this. Read my past post on this subject.

Angus

PacificNW likes this.
  14. Yes, lets give all those seprom bug users a really good way out of their little situation of being unable to continue stacking.

Peo0pl3GA5 likes this.
  15. olleH

olleH User

No need to believe me, I can just state what I think to be right, but:

The FAQ says, "the bonus shot is not boosted by *this* bonus".
    What it means: the x3.5 bonus on bl maps npc. In regular pvp and against regular players, the prom lasers swell as the bonus shot are equally boosted by all boosters, updates, skills, formations etc.
    (But interpret it as you like guys. Not my problem, when players underestimate the lasers I am using :))

16. Then use it and be quiet. Not everyone wants to stack them like you, also it takes so long to gain them.

17. AVIT

AVIT User

just use the sep up ,whats the point of stacking it if you dont even play ?

18. Hi Avit,

I do play, but not very much. I spend more time reading Forum than flying. I have been beaten down by this game. I'm tired of MCC visiting me as well as my own company attacking me. This isn't the game I started to play. It was a more friendlier game, helpful too. Not by your own company either, other companies were too. If you were a little guy/gal it was more a fly by. Now I see people attacking newbies. I try to help, but I get killed too. This game needs new blood to keep it going. I'm an older gamer, and this game is reflecting what the world is doing too. I still love the game and I have invested time and money in this game to stop playing.

Because this game has change, the players are not playing as much or spending money, or just leaving the game. I have stopped completely spending money here. Why should I, when they don't listen to their players. DO listens to wallet warriors, but not to us. Hey DO there are more of us then Wallet Warriors. Let say 10 Wallet Warriors spend a $1,000, but a 100 of us spends just on Premium Pack which is $30, that is 3,000. Most people has that. Where are you getting most of your money? From US! That is just one example, but we spend money on other things too.

Look at two posts MCC and Bots and Cheats. There are 10's of thousands that have view them, and 100's of them replying to the post. If you haven't read them do so. There are a lot of smart people in this game. Some if not most, have a good ideas in fixing the problems. BUT DO won't listen. The wallet warriors control the game, and they have the owners in their pockets, and that is killing it. Why did they merge all the different Servers together, because of the population on those server were down. The reason they had so many servers in the first place because the game was full of players. The servers now are full of people, but back then each server was full of people. Because the game was changing (in the wrong way), then the servers were getting less and less so they merged. I for one like the less population because it was less people competing for the same items/aliens. Most of all less people to attack you too.

So Avit, that is why I have so much Seprom in my weapons plus I have 3 servers I'm on. I play only in the mornings and I usually only play one of my servers. I do go to each server and claim my "Daily Bonus" as well as move my ore around. So, the others get built up. My Skylab is 20th Level, and I have a lot of ore in the Lab. So, it isn't hard to build up your ship with ore.

Angus

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    ▼Iron_Mongrel▼ and Gudinden like this.