Pusat design

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Peo0pl3GA5, May 13, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

hello,
    Pusat design is out but my concern is what about other ships?
    I do like more powerful design but seriously if we get it then whats the fun ?
    you made a ship which is the ultimate and i thought it had only 10 laser so it would have been cool but its 16 lasers + it is equivalent to the fastest ship (spearhead). Darkorbit just gave away a ship which is the best.
    Before
    Speed = Vengy Or Spearhead
    Damage = Goli
    Now
    All speed and damage = Pusat
    I don't have one yet, however you just ruined other ships compared to pusat . You gave both advantages to 1 ship which is Crazy!!!
    After explaining you the whole situation, my point is before we used to complain that we don't see many nooby ships in map now we wont even see the goli. In few months, when everyone get there hands on 250K uridium no one will be using other ships at all as there are no substitute
    I just wish either you guys make a good substitute soon, otherwise it would be only pusat flying around in the future!. The logic was to create a ship which would have advantages, yet would have been slightly weak in a way to make goli still the best for damage.
    In the end really bad update where everyone have to buy if they want to survive in space.
    Just prove another point of Dark orbit greediness.
    sorry for my bad english

Enigmatic likes this.
  2. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

It's fast and hits hard but it's incredibly fragile.
    With Pincer and Havoc I have 190k HP in a Pusat, that's with double HP boosters as well. So if anyone were to use Kamikaze + Moth against me I die very quickly. After hunting with it on GE1 today I think it's very fun to use however it is at best a gimmick and will not be my regular hunting ship, a Goliath has much more sustainability to offer.

Enigmatic likes this.
  3. Bakjam

Bakjam User

190K with double hp booster, without heart? that is still better than spearhead, who has 180K with pincer and double HP boost. Only spearhead has 5 lasers (and even lowers speed) and pusat got 16! Still to OP

4. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

Yep it's better than the spearhead, but it also costs over 5 times more than a spearhead does and would still be crushed by a Goliath of same equipment.

5. `Luke

`Luke User

no doubt that this design rendered the spearhead rather useless now, but it is still not as powerful as a Goliath.

6. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Doesn't matter, spearhead is fairly outmatched now, even with its abilities, do should try to make ships which to not outmatch others, basically a vengeance lightning is indestructible because of its ability, and is a pain in the ass to lock on, however this doesn't make other this is compensated by its less lasers.

A pusat is faster then a spearhead, and can hit insanely hard, for a verry small hp reduction, 190K with dooble boost and pincer, image now that you add full hercules and heart / moth, you could easily pass 250K, since this ship can already give you a pain in the ass lock-on-time an insane hits, it now seems to be way to OP, in my opinion.

I would have expected the HP to be MUCH lower, like 150K with heart, then we're truly talking about an hit and run ship, besides, this ship can outrun every other ship, once you get behind you won't have much chance keeping up with him exept when you have vengeance ability :I

7. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

The spearhead is a 45k uri ship though, I don't think it was ever intended to be strong at all. It is called the recon ship, it was only intended to cloak up and spy on enemies to gain intel on the people you will be fighting.

As I said I have actually used the design and been hunting with it and whilst it hits hard it dies very quickly if someone uses moth against it, it can be killed in roughly 5 shots + a kamikaze. A Goliath beats it easily in a 1v1, a 1 config job at most.

8. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

i still do think the advantages out weight the the disadvantage(HP) by big margin

9. Pusat is a hit and run ship not a fighting ship but with the small hp it wont take u long to outrun people rep and get back into the fight

10. it's not faster than a spearhead, they both have the same max speed - 588

11. Bakjam

Bakjam User

It has 12 generators, and base speed of 370, in total 588 speed (+ prom)

125K base hp btw

(i was wrong)

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  12. Bakjam

Bakjam User

Not gonna help, this ship wasn't designed for 1 vs 1, it was designed for snipering, just like the spearhead with it's ultimate cloak, however, this thing can hit more than 3 times as hard! And again, with is high speed it is verry hard to kill or keep up with. The enormous amount of damage you receive will also make you last less longer and able to return some fire, i still would like to see somewhat lower hp

13. Okapi32

Okapi32 User

It's max speed is 588. The Pusat lowers the base speed of the vengeance when you put it on.

Again, the Pusat costs 250,000 Uridium. The Spearhead costs 45,000 Uridium. They are not meant to be equal.
    The spearhead is a recon ship, it was designed to cloak up and go and spy on enemies to get intel for another team who want to know what they are fighting against - if you want to use it differently then fine, however the spearhead was not designed for hunting.

I will say it again, I own the Pusat, I was hunting with it today on GE1 and it is far from overpowered, it dies incredibly easily - as I said before a 1 config job for any UFE goliaths vs an UFE Pusat. You however clearly do not own it as you do not know the speed of it, so I would suggest you either buy it or take the advice of the people who do own it :/

There will be plenty of Pusat going around the maps for a couple weeks, however after that the appeal with have died off and almost all people will just return back to using Goliaths. That is what happened on the TR servers and it will happen on every other server too.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  14. I think of it much like the saturn design when it came out, everyone had to have it when it was introduced and after a awhile everyone went back to the old designs. I think everyone had it dreamed up in there head because of the way it was marketed that it was gonna be a goli killer. well maybe in the right hands it can be, the hands of a person who has plenty of cloaks and emps. As of right now i see it as a good finisher, as in you are with a group of golis and the enemy is trying to get away the pusat has the immediate speed and firepower to run them down and finish the job quicker than say a spearhead or a lightning vengi. The hp is just not gonna cut it with this ship, a couple of shots from moth and a quick kami and game over

15. okapi corrected you.

16. Well said.

The unfortunate thing about the Pusat is that it excels at taking down easy prey. With high speed and max firepower, it's the perfect "newbie-killer" ship. Given the current climate of the game, it seems counter-productive to me - they should be looking for ways to encourage new players to stick around longer... not ways to get them killed more effectively.
    I'd be watching out for these more in the lower maps.

17. The nice thing is now everyone can stop complaining about it being on the Turkish server and not everywhere else. Get it, Use it, Go back to complaining about the other stuff in the Orbit. o_O

18. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

i was planning ot buy it but after hearing the view from all of you
    i think of using my uri for other purpose even though i only have 15K :)
    thanks guy
    admin can close the thread

19. .Wagon.

.Wagon. User

Well, I bought it fast cos I was afraid it'd go out of shop as soon as they realize their mistake :p
    Now kindda regretting my decision. Its fast but as said before, very fragile.

The hp is the main issue. I've 210k hp using a heart design (no booster). It can be easily killed by an UFE goli with skills.
    Since I mainly used goli for fights, I could wait a second or two before changing my confi. after shields over when I knew that my target would run. With that habbit, I died a few times using pusat. So low hp, even if u see 70% hp bar without shields, 2 shots and u can be dead.

In a 1v1 with a goli, it can be easily popped (if the enemy can lock you fast) especially if the enemy uses moth. Your hp can be gone before your shields in a 1v1 with a UFE using moth.

Ok, now to some advantages.
    Today morning I realized it. This ship is not for having a fight but rather for hunting. I found it really useful against 4v1 with vengis/spears (not with a UFE vengis ofcourse). Now, you may think you can do that in a goli as well. Hmm, yes you can but more easy with pusat. You can pretty fast pop one or two and run, rep and come back pop few and run.
    (Note: Spear does have same speed as you but you can outrun it in the same way as a goli can out run another goli :)
    In a goli, the problem is that in such a situation, vengi or spear could easily outrun you when they have low hp and it is hard for you to escape (alive :p).

For NPC, well I won't prefer it for again low hp and another problem is that only 12 slots for generators doesn't give you much shield in battle confi. and you could be an easy target for your enemy cos of low hp and imagine when your shields over as well :D
    It can be used if you're not directly hit much by the NPC (like in group cubing).

So again, you may use it depending on your enemies. Not good against UFE but can be used to pop other ships.
    Like a vengi, while hunting having a Pusat in your outfit will certainly be beneficial. It can chase spear and vengis that may escape from a goli and can be lethal against opponent group if it is not targeted early.

I'm waiting for the Surgeon design to come to the shop.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  20. bisphenol

bisphenol User

Sorry, but you're speaking from the UFE Goliath perspective, as stated by yourself. I have 30 PPs, including Shield Engineering, Shield Mechanics, Evasive Maneuvers II, Fats, 10 drones... yet I am destroyed by the UFE who was heavily damaged in a fight against 4 ships of medium power. My ship is at full HP with Heart formation at 367k and about 600k shields. No matter if I use x4/RSB combo, ISH/EMP or what not - I still die. Using moth gets me killed even faster.
    Against UFE that has 1/3 HP and almost no shields I still have no chances. The only thing is to use ice rocket and run away.

Now with the Pusat, things are drastically different... Its "low" HP doesn't change anything for me, but its speed and damage surely does for it's impossible to run away from it even after freezing it with the ice rocket, if attacked relatively far from the port. Not to mention if I'm attacked severely damaged by the protegits. With the introduction of Pusat, my chances to survive have diminished drastically, and I cannot counter it by buying Pusat for myself - actually, I have no way to counter it at all. :-/

The "low HP" argument would work for me if I was double damage/HP/shield boosted, full Havoc and LF4 - i.e. UFE. But I'm far from this status... So the Pusat is a new toy for UFEs to even more efficiently trash around new and weak and even moderately strong players.

Couldn't say it better.

Last edited: May 15, 2015