Question about "Rebate Advantage Pack"

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Larrakin, Dec 31, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Larrakin

Larrakin User

I am wondering where the 6% saving is with buying this pack for 1 month as compared to 7 days at a time.

Rebate Advantage Pack - this subscription is yours for just 1.49 USD a week!

XL Rebate Advantage Pack - Save 6% - Secure your discount today: an 1 month subscription is just 5.99 USD!

Now I know I'm old but am pretty sure a 6% saving would mean you pay less for something, not more.
    $1.49US X 4 = $5.96 which is actually LESS then if you use the 6% discount and buy the Xlarge pack for 1 month @ just $5.99.

NB; It isn't only the rebate packs, it is the same with ALL the Extra Large packs. They all offer 6% discount for 1 month but actually cost more then buying weekly.

Am I wrong, is my mind finally going and when I use a calculator to multiply $1.49 X 4 the total isn't less than the discounted price of $5.99 ???

jayherbo likes this.
  2. jayherbo

jayherbo User

Wait for the generic same old chestnut answer = exchange rates :confused:

3. Larrakin

Larrakin User

I know all about exchange rates, I'm in Australia and get charged for things in US$ which adds 30% to the cost of anything DO try to sell me. Then I get charged bank fees on top because I am using US currency.

Only thing I buy is premium and rebate which is what prompted this post - Why is it more expensive to buy rebate for a month (with an advertised 6% discount) than it is to buy it weekly.

jayherbo likes this.
  4. tibstar

tibstar User

there are more days in a month then in 4 weeks

5. Larrakin

Larrakin User

And?
    Premium, Rebate, etc all renew on a 28 day cycle if paid for a month at a time.
    EG; If you buy 1 months premium - It lasts 28 days not 29, 30 or 31.

Raw likes this.
  6. jayherbo

jayherbo User

lets see if you can guess which one is being used:confused:
    The calendar always runs out before the subscription does, this is due to the Gregorian, Jewish, Islamic, Indian, Chinese, and Julian Calendars.o_O

7. Larrakin

Larrakin User

No idea where it originated but 28 day, 13 month calendars have been around for many years. They just aren't used a great deal except here at DarkOrbit it seems, as they charge for 13 months a year.o_O

jayherbo likes this.
  8. jayherbo

jayherbo User

At least you're aware:cool:, most haven't a clue and go with the flow (bar bar)o_O