Questions for Twitch Stream 18.01.2017

Discussion in 'Game Discussion & Feedback' started by Baracus, Jan 17, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baracus

Baracus Community Team Team Darkorbit

Hey everyone, If you have any questions for the Dark Orbit team, please leave then in here. See you soon!!

- Ron / Baracus

Kyro and BestGArenEUW like this.
  2. My questions:
    • Have you any plans for using credits and for skill tree changes?
    • Are you going to balance the rocket damage, which is too low (compared to the laser damage)?
    • Are you going to lower the shop prices for ammo? They are too expensive.
    • Are you going to balance the old ships? Spearhead and Vengeance are in some godless places...
    • Are you going to balance Assembly system? It needs too long to complete the recipes.
    • Are you going to create better daily, except for the Crossover servers?

Kyro likes this.
  3. Enriqe-XXX

Enriqe-XXX User

Are you going to add new ship Mimesis?

System of building galaxy gates is a little bit boring. Have you got some ideas or planes how to improve it?

Variety of quests is in my opinion very low. I'm in level 18, I completed all PvE quests and I really can't reach next level because of, you know, bug in PvP quests. I think, it would be good idea to add more PvE quests situated for example in some new maps, something like refractions, but for PvE.

I see that one of your goals now in the game is to make DarkOrbit more variety. You added a lot of new designs for ships, drones and P.E.T.s. I really appreciate that. Are you going to add some more ships (except Mimesis I hope you are) in the future?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  4. Toudi

Toudi User

• What are the plans for darkrobit to defend them self against bot users?, we all know bot users are good income for game due to purchases of double boxes and we know that cheater always will be in games, but if 90% games can deal against them by running different scripts, 3rd party anti cheat companies, how long will take do darkrobit to finally win the fight and reduce cheaters to minimum. (we know its your primary issue, we know you'll working hard, we appreciate that but nothing has changed visually for us, we still see hundreds of them)
    Baracus will be nice to meet you on stream !

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    МŐŃĶ24 likes this.
  5. * Will the way of building Galaxy Gates be changed/redesigned, and if yes, when?

* Will Fusion Shield's regen bonus of 6.25% be changed as currently it does only adds 0.25% regen bonus. I calculated a goliath using pure FS the full shield regen time from 0 shield would be 8 secs, with 25% regen booster it would be 6 secs, and with 50% regen booster it would be 5 secs. From what I calculated the 0.25% regen bonus would be fine and the stated but not implemented 6.25% regen rate would be OP.

* Are you going to lower the uri cost of at least some ship cosmetic designs are they seem a bit high or offer more designs with credits like what you did with the Artic Nostromo Ambassador?

* Will add saving of configurations for different ships alike with those ideas here on forum as unloading and loading always all equipment from one different ship to another different ship with different slots is very tiresome

6. Are you ever going to fix pvp quests?

МŐŃĶ24 and Kyro like this.
  7. 1. are u still going to add plasmide and scrap to the shop???
    2. are u going to increaase the scrap and plasmide drops from npc's? cuz they are REALY low
    3. will u guys make announcements for upgrade descount hour now?? cuz alot of us are waiting but always seem to miss it.
    4. are there more ship designs comming out???
    5. balancing out the tartarus?? cuz the tart is a realy OP ship. its to fast with his ability and 1 laser difirence from the goli doesnt do much .
    6. wil there be give aways when we watch? like last time?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Kyro likes this.
  8. Kyro

Kyro User

Issues/suggestions/ideas that currently are top of my head:
    • During busy times like dbl gg the gg spinner takes ages to spin and I'm on GB1 that isn't one of the more populated servers... Have you got any current plans to address this issue or are already working on it?
    • To make any large amount of tech items takes ages to make them since can only make one at a time, could you possibly make it possible to make any set number at a time instead of just one? So if say wanted to make 50, you would enter "50" in the box that asks how many want to make and it makes that many.
    • For people that use lots of cloaks it becomes an annoyance to keep having to put a new cloak chip on ship configs, could you possibly think of making new higher use amount cloak chips? Like say 100, 250, 500? Of course would be a good idea to make them a bit cheaper than if were to just buy that many 50 cloak chips, to try entice people to buy the larger ones(of course also would be even more expensive if didn't lol(I generally think their price should be reduced as a whole)).
    • Of course also as someone else has said: Have you got any plans to give Pusat some love? Tartarus assuming is on speed ability(almost always) easily just chases it down and makes you regret flying a Pusat... Guess this is two questions in one, have you got any plans to change Tartarus or Pusat/Spearhead/base Vengy? (of course I think Tartarus should be changed cause even not thinking about Pusat etc, the speed of it is just OP as in it can run away way too easy)

And lastly these two questions: Concerning your plans with dbl gg, what currently are you leaning towards to do with it? Are you gonna go back to the 3 days a month or on sundays? I personally don't mind if dbl gg was on every sunday so there is always something for players to look forward to every week and maybe only 3 sundays a month so same amount of days as before but I don't mind either way.

Also just in general have you got any change of plans or thinking of changing plans with the 50% level up boosters that appear in shop from time to time? This is a pretty important issue coming from someone that is rank chasing, so kinda interested in knowing if you have any change of plans with them. Cause if you were to stop putting them in the shop people who have bought crap ton of days would have an unfair advantage if you were to stop selling them. Of course if you were to decide to stop and for reasons just stated would you remove or atleast minimize peoples days to a certain number and/or refund there money?

Edit: Forgot about another thing bothering me, could you make it so we can see how much time we have on the Kappa MUL booster? Kind of annoying not knowing how much time got on it. >.>

9. It would be nice to have summary of the twitch session written down and shared in discord/forum. Even bullet points would do really. Just that everybody can see fast the topics of discussion really fast afterwards. Usually there are like max. 200 of us following the stream (usually really active users, though) and we do sure the info in our mini-communities such as clans but still big majority of users never will see the topics of discussion. The best way would of course be if the info was available in the main back page as many users don't even read forum or discord.

And then some topics for session:

Skill tree balance | The game has evolved over years a lot but the skill tree system has stayed same. Some of the skills are just outdated while others needs a big buff to be useful to anyone. I'm sure ideally every skill should be viable alternative for different setups, do you think same and do you have plans to focus on this issue during this year? Few examples: Tactics gives 12% more ep, however since the amount of ep you receive in the game from other sources than aliens, such as quests and gates has risen, the initial skill bonus seems way too low. Logistic gives 25% cargo expansion, however, since introducing citadel and cargo expansion protocols this skill has outdated and is only used to reach luck 2. Heat-seeking missiles and rocket fusion are both out-dated now. First became useless precision targeter tech was introduced and latter has become less and less effective since laser damage has increased (apis, zeus, havocs, drill, laser upgrades). There are many other examples of the skills that needs to be changed or booster to make them viable.

Tech center | When the tech center was created I remember discussion of expanding it and bringing in more items. However, it has stayed exactly the same since its launch day. Do you have plans to develop it in near future and make use of this already existing and working platform? Currently chain impulse and backup shields are outdated but the use of all tech items among all players is worrying me. Although tech items were originally designed for ultimate battle situation currently not many from even UFEs use battle repair bot for instance just because it is too expensive to build. Especially the need of seprom limits use of these items. Currently only precision targeter is used regularly. Do you want to see tech items as more important part of the gameplay and if so how do you aim to achieve this?

Weekly PvP rankings | Just similar to top user and honor weekly lists. Should be quite easy to add in rankings section. How fast it could be done? What do you think of bringing weekly PvP list to main page? Similar to top clans and top players of the server that you now see every time you log in the game. Currently you need to first go to rankings, then top user points, then open list on right side and scroll down to PvP list to find any PvP rankings. I think making the recent PvP activity easily visible for all players would raise the interest for PvP in general.

Monthly PvP contest | So the idea is that every calendar month there would be pvp contest for most kills. To keep it special only top10 finishers in the end of the month would be rewarded with some really cool special titles for next month. Title, crown, whatever the visual reward will be it should be very recognizable so everybody would know the player was top finisher in last months race. Other rewards may be added but I think for UFE players material is not that important so I would stick with cool visual things for winner and top runner-ups. Many events in the game are for FE players so this would give content and goals for UFE and near-UFE players. Also boosting PvP aspect of the game. How do you feel of the idea of having regular PvP contest?

Gates vs PvP for rank points | This is topic that comes up a lot. Most players think PvP should have higher impact in overal ranks than it currently has. How do you think of the "confrontation"? Do you think that increasing rank points from player kills would do the trick? Like giving x2 or x3 rank points from goliath kills compared to what you get now? Or perhaps introduce some sort of pvp days or weeks when player kills grant more points than normally. The problem of this could be that people only hunt when they get higher rewards, though. Of the subject I heared that hades will be nerfed which is a start but even then PvP side should be boosted somehow to create some kind of balance.

Freeze/slow items vs Emp | More and more freeze/slow items have been introduced in game over the years but we still only have one emp to counter them apart from citadel and lighting that can break through them with ability. These items serve purpose for both hunters and players wanting to escape but they make playing solo very annoying often. If you use goliath x you can use two ice rockets, slow rocket and slow mine. From personal experience I can say it's not fun to hunt alone when you are hit by eight ice rockets in one minute. Group aspect of the game is important to many but those enjoying solo play should be noted. Do you have any plans to come up with alternative ways to counter freeze/slow effects. e.g. Thermal space paste? Or do you think the balance between freeze/slow items vs countering measures is currently working well?

Finally, how does the game look like in 2019?

BestGArenEUW likes this.
  10. When you do something to make events like the demaner and hitac, fun for everyone?
    I am not yet Uberfull, but I'm not in bad shape, but I can not still play and have fun with such events. In sparsely populated servers, a single clan with members of each company, governs the entire event and no one, I repeat no one, can not even get close to the mother ship. This is not fun, and the other players who PAY and try to become strong enough to rebel are increasingly being penalized.

On behalf of all those in my situation
    we want you to do something now because we are really really TIRED!!! :mad:

11. I miss the old idea for DOME formation (+100% more rocket and HST damage). The current DOME isn't worth, besides Chevron is a kind of trolling without a good use for beginners.

12. Baracus

Baracus Community Team Team Darkorbit

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone! I can't promise we will get to every question, but I will do what I can=)

- Ron / Baracus

•»Radiance«• likes this.
  13. How about talking about the bot users that are not getting detected, and the bugs in the game again I understand DO is trying or they say they are trying to catch them all but the fact is their not and it's costing other players in the game. Not just frustration but actual game currency for loss of ammunition to keep up with the abuse.

14. Peo0pl3GA5

Peo0pl3GA5 User

join there clan

15. Are u going to put credits in use like to buy x2,x3,sab and other stuff

IvanIsBack94 likes this.
  16. Wanna put new price or static price on skill reset?

17. So when are you going to nerf the Tartarus,its just so over powered...

killerpotato likes this.
  18. Old darkorbit veteran really wants to get the legendary ignite design. Can you help him to achieve his dream and release it to the shop (and this time without any bugs because it has been in shop 2 times but nobody wasn't able to purchase it)

19. darkorbit run out, chat no work and 10 year same aliens :(
    i dont buy any more uri and my friends same, moderators sleep all time :(

20. what about allowing us to buy xenomit? with credits if possible.

I can't use the Targeting Guidance CPU, because the xenomit just goes away in an instant...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.