Rail Gun Cannons.

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by VESPID, Feb 27, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Back to the main topic...

So let me get this straight: It shoots with lasers, it shoots rockets at half power as fast as lasers, and it shoots 5 rockets per shot.... Seems a tad overpowered.

2. VESPID

VESPID User

The cannon I am proposing fires LCB augmented non-hellstorm missles instead of just the lasers. The range of the missle is upgraded to long range and the accuracy is upgraded to standard,"if needed" but the missle damage is reduced to exactly 50% of the full damage of the missle. No more or less for each shot.
    The rate of fire of this gun is equal to standard lasers.

The missle type can be different from the launchers selection.
    A restriction of 5 cannons per ship will be imposed and this tech can not be used in concert with other lasers at all.

This tech uses only un boosted ammo, the ammo may be ore boosted but the ore remains untouched while just the ammo is used.
    The LCB used with this tech deals no damage, instead they assist the range "if needed" and the targeting system.

Electro-optics and Heat-Seeker abilities both apply to this tech. The visual and audio effect will be similar to company color looking sab ammo being fired from the ship.

The suggested price of this item would be 15k Uri each.
    This tech will only be available to the Leo outside the Lower maps.
    R-310 missiles deals just 500 dmg per missile per cannon equipped to the ship.
    PLT-2026 missiles deals just 1k dmg per missile per cannon equipped.
    PLT-2021 missiles deals just 2k dmg per missile per cannon equipped.
    PLT-3030 missiles deals just 3k dmg per missile per cannon equipped.

All the important information is listed above, please stay on topic.
    Thanx Dread for all your assistance.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. Seraphim

Seraphim User

REMOVED

So urm, yeah i see it doesn't shoot as fast as lasers then..
    So it shoots 5 rockets at half power instead of 1 rocket, and it doesn't count as a hellstorm....Basically dealing 2.5x regular rocket damage, and no relaunching like the hellstorm.
    It's just an overly complicated idea. With prem, rockets are launced 1 per second (approx)
    MOST ppl use 2026 rockets to farm. So it deals 5k per sec. With the 3036 rockets it would deal 15k per sec. Let alone the fact pp's affect the damage output. It also shoots further than regular lasers or rockets...
    Seems okay..Few bits i don't especially like:
    1) Drains rockets rapidly and hence credits/uridium
    2) Shoots further than the standard range
    3) How the heck is this even slightly like a railgun cannon or whatever. Think of a better, more fitting name.

Doesn't look like it'll change much in the game. A leo is pretty useless outside lowers and they would get destroyed pretty easily with or without this.

Conclude: Unnecessary item.

Last edited by moderator: May 13, 2014
  4. VESPID

VESPID User

Hmmmm.....I thought I covered the rate of fire earlier.
    Well it is equal to the laser cannons available.
    I'll edit the thread to reflect this notion.

5. No Thanks, I wouldn't like a 125 mm space howitzer firing me from nowhere.

6. VESPID

VESPID User

Thank you for your input.

7. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

Hey bro, I don't see any missiles in shop.
    Just rockets.
    The only difference is hellstorm and non hellstorm.

8. VESPID

VESPID User

The cannon I am proposing fires LCB augmented non-hellstorm rockets instead of just the lasers. The range of the rockets will be upgraded to long range and the accuracy is upgraded to standard,"if needed" but the rocket damage is reduced to exactly 50% of its full damage. No more or less for each shot.
    The rate of fire of this gun is equal to standard lasers.

The rocket type can be different from the launchers selection.
    A restriction of 5 cannons per ship will be imposed and these railguns can not be used in concert with other lasers at all.

The Railgun uses only un boosted ammo, the ammo may be ore boosted but the ore remains untouched while just the ammo is used.
    The LCB used with this tech deals no damage, instead the lasers function is to assist the range of the rockets and targeting systems.

The Bio Abilities: Electro-optics and Heat-Seeker also the
    Tech Center Ability: Precision Targeter all apply to the railgun.
    The regular visual and audio effect will be similar to company colored sab ammo being fired from the ship. In concert with Precision Targeter the ammo color changes to purple.

The suggested price of this item would be 15k Uri each.

R-310 rockets deals just 500 dmg per shot per equipped railgun to the ship.*
    PLT-2026 rockets deals just 1k dmg per shot.*
    PLT-2021 rockets deals just 2k dmg per shot.*
    PLT-3030 rockets deals just 3k dmg per shot.*

*Damage boosts for the railguns will be restricted to
    bio abilities, ship designs and ship abilities.

Thanx again Dreadlok for all your assistance, I've altered the idea to be fully available to the leonov in the lowers.
    The Original post will be altered reflect this post.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  9. o_O now it is worse, No thanks, I wouldn't like a 300 mm Anti-Spaceship cannon firing at me from nowhere o_O

10. VESPID

VESPID User

So what you are saying is that when they come out not only will you not buy them but you prefer to cry about them then and even now while they are still just an idea???

You do realize that now is the time to assist in making them more agreeable as opposed to crying about possible damage.....Right???

11. Since when are only a certain number of a type of cannon allowed on a ship?

And, these cannons would burn missile supplies.

And, when do you augment missiles with laser ammo?

And, why is accuracy "upgraded to standard," when the name "MISS-ile" implies that they miss all the time?

How does augmenting it with laser ammo increase it's range?

And in the ship equipment layout screen, the only weapon slots are "Lasers" and "Launcher," there is nothing there saying "Cannons"

Overall, the game really doesn't need this. -1 from me.

TheTaser(V) likes this.
  12. Dreadlok

Dreadlok User

I remember greenhorns being smarter than that.
    Man, taser what happened.
    I read VESPID's older posts and you used to be sharp.

13. REMOVED

Here's some questions for you sonny. (you never did answer my last one) Are you ever going to make an idea that actually has to do with Darkorbit and is feasible in-game?
    As far as I can tell, all of your ideas have restrictions and random implements that do not fit into Darkorbit. You can't increase the rocket range with lasers, and how does that make it a railgun?o_O Also, what is a railgun doing in Darkorbit? REMOVED

14. Seraphim

Seraphim User

One thing; how can you claim they'll come out. This idea hasn't got many likes. The probability of this getting implanted into the game is near zero at present.

15. Seraphim

Seraphim User

In case you hadn't noticed; he meant to say rockets.

16. You still didn't answer any of my questions you kid. I wonder why...:p You cannot answer them because you will look like an idiot doing so if you happen to grow some brains and answer truthfully. How about I catalog my inquiries(that you avoid and throw insults out as an answer) into one post.
    #1 How many of your ideas have recieved positive support?
    #2 How many of your ideas have made it into the game? (you claim they're going to)
    #3 Are you ever going to make an idea that has to do with Darkorbit and is feasible in-game? (always random restrictions)
    #4 How does "augmenting" the rocket range with lasers make it a railgun?
    #5 What is a railgun idea doing in the Darkorbit forum?

17. VESPID

VESPID User

1) More than 1.
    2) As many as yours.
    3) I have made many despite your ignorance.
    4) That question has already been addressed in this thread.
    5) The same thing any idea is doing in forum....Is the concept of forum really this alien to you???

Please stop spamming my post with any further off topic questions and remarks.
    Thank you for.....Pffft whatever.

18. Seraphim

Seraphim User

I can answer that on VESPID's behalf, or rather translate:
    1) ZERO
    2) ZERO
    3) NEVER
    4) IT DOESN'T
    5) IT'S ONE OF THE IDEAS WHICH I (VESPID) PRESENTED IN THE FORUMS

Anyway, lets get back on topic shall we.

19. Thank you Seraphim for the first honest answer on my questions. You don't have a clue on #1 because most of your ideas were so bad they got closed by moderators. A few received yes's, but for some coincidence, all the people that said yes were newly created files.
    #2 What you said is irrelevant. I have made 4 good ideas that people actually like, 3 of which are in my sig. I asked how many of yours have made it out like you say they will. Yep, NONE!
    #4 Google railgun and be amazed. Lasers have nothing to do with them.
    #5 Did you even think about what I said? The concept of the forums is not to make new weapons for a first person shooter. Try again...better yet, DON'T.

Thank you for showing your lack of ability to process questions and to answer in a respectable way. Also thanks for making yourself look like REMOVED. It has been fun. :)

20. Seraphim

Seraphim User

Right so he picks up random 7 year old girls off the street and brings them over to your house...seems legal....
    Do they pick his nose for him too? or I wonder if you hog the glory of doing that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.