!READ! Security flaw in the game

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by AnUnValuedPlayer, Aug 2, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. As of today, there are currently 5 pilots I know of who have had their accounts hacked, in the past 2 weeks...

The game says there is a "security improvement", this doesn't look like an improvement. As of the start of this year, I am able to name over 11 pilots who have had their account hacked, and on different servers as well...

If you dont want this to be you, change your information, whatever it might be, change it! As much as enjoy this game, I don't like to see other pilots become victims of someone who has no life, enemy or friend...

I have been a victim also, and quite honestly, the stuff BP was sending me after I sent them every bit of information ever possible to be obtained, they told me to "secure my informaion better", every single email they sent were a bunch of forewards, all 6 of them!. BIGPOINT DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT. They couldn't spend 5min. of their lives to help out what they call me a, "Valued player". If I was soo valued then they should hve done the rigt thing to help out. They will NOT help you out in any way shape or form if your account is gone, so, take action!

I also tried getting help or a possible "Step 2" from a in-game moderator, and all he tells me is the exact same thing the emails told me, about how it's my problem and BP refuses to help and so on.

WERE NOT STUPID PEOPLE BIGPOINT/BP TEAM, WE KNOW HOW TO SECURE OUR INFORMATION, ITS TIME YOU OPEN YOUR EYES AND REALIZE YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, NOT IGNORE IT!!

Why not sent this to BP you ask? Do you honestly think they will care about this..? Nope, think again, and at least this way your all informed, not sitting back and waiting for something stupid to happen all of a sudden.

"UNN SPECIAL REPORT

Our hacker team has recovered an exclusive still image from a deep-space observation station of an alien freighter convoy approaching human sectors. Their hulls look reinforced, sparking debate within the xenology community as to what, if any, ammo can penetrate them at all." Really now... What else has your "hacker team" been doing..hm?

If you moderators want to go ahead and "hide" this thread along with the truth away from everyone, go ahead, I'm ready for the second screw over from this game. Hide it with all your might.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Solid_Eye

Solid_Eye Board Administrator Team Darkorbit

Hello,

Those of us on the moderating team are going to direct you to support - in chat and in forums - because there is nothing we can do to help you when a player experiences this. It has nothing to do with whether we care or not, we simply cannot do what is needed or required in these situations via the chat or forums. At most, we might be able to give you advise, run your anti-virus, change your passwords to your email, and account if even still possible.

No one wants an account compromised. Not you, not the moderating team, not support, and certainly not any other spacepilot.

We all are responsible for our account security, and yes, there is some accountability there.

As to your remark about what else the "hacker" team has been doing. That UNN report is part of the DarkOrbit in-game story, it has nothing to do with anyone at DO or even BP being "hackers" themselves. If you want to push that line of thought, I suggest you take it up with support.

So no, I am not out to "hide" your thread. However, it is a rant, and there is nothing we can do to help you here in the forums except direct you back to support. I am sorry that you feel undervalued and don't feel they can assist you to your satisfaction at this time, but this is an issue that truly can only be resolved between you and them.

So while I won't delete the thread, but I will close it because it is a rant and a support issue. & Any further threads regarding this issue will be treated as spam, and deleted accordingly.

Regards,
    -Closed-

chixonator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.