[UI] Repurposing the SG3N-AO shield series

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Zecora, Feb 17, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Zecora

Zecora User

The SG3N-AO shield series has become obsolete entirely and is even surpassed by the fusion shields now. Which puts the shields of this series on an astonishing low. Using them is hardly ever beneficial and you're better off bidding on BO2 shields or buying the 2.5 million credit fusion shield. With this being said, I want to suggest a few changes regarding the AO shield series.

The first change will be the pricing.
    • SG3N-AO1 - 50.000 Credits
    • SG3N-AO2 - 250.000 Credits
    • SG3N-AO3 - 4.000 Uridium
    Now, yes. The SG3N-AO3 shield costs Uridium. I thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that this shield will effectively surpass the SG3N-BO3 shield in one aspect: PvE.

The SG3N-AO shield series is going to be a PvE oriented shield with a very simple addition. It will reduce the damage taken by NPC by a certain amount.

Each shield will have the following stats:
    • SG3N-AO1 - 4.000 shield, 60% absorption.
    • SG3N-AO2 - 6.000 shield, 70% absorption.
    • SG3N-AO3 - 8.000 shield, 80% absorption.
    This shield will have a damage reduction of 35% versus NPC as long as the shields are up, and either stays or decreases depending whether you mix it with other shields or not. So using 15 BO2 shields and 15 AO3 shields will cause the damage reduction to be halved. but 30 AO3 shields leave it unchanged.

This puts the effective strength of the AO3 shield for instance to 12.308 shield strength in PvE, but keeps the 8.000 shield strength in PvP.

Benefits: This would make SG3N-AO shields greater to use for smaller people, and the SG3N-AO3 shield would be a superior choice for PvE specifically compared to all other shields, but still remains the worst choice for PvP.

Kind regards ~ Zecora

2. memrix

memrix User

i didn't even realise that the Bo2 isn't for sale anymore in shop... Odd