Sapphire

Discussion in 'Meet the Players - Who's Who' started by Sapphire, Apr 6, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Hello guys!

I am Sapphire. A guy from somewhere between a zoo and perfection, who has played with computers since 2004. My family includes a cat, which thinks and searches day after day possibilities to kill me. :/ My hobbies are basically gaming, but also coding HTML + CSS, sometimes .NET languages to make small useless applications with Visual Studio, coding experience level is a total beginner.

I found this game today. I know nothing about it, and this is not the simplest game to learn. I haven't managed myself out of the tutorial, but I have learned to use Auction, Ctrl, numbers, Quest Window, Minimap, general User Interface and spacebar as well as useful commands in the chat. I think this will need some game sense, but I guess I'll learn it.

I played Farmerama back in the days. It was kinda good game, but I stopped it after 2015. It started to become too complicated and unreal that it was good to leave it alone. So now I am playing this. I don't know how much, but atleast I try.

What I have managed to do in my game now, I got Leonov ship with 10,000 credits, I don't know if it was good to get as a starter or something, but I have it now anyways.

The server, where I am playing is int2, not sure if it stands for Global America, but here I am. Feel free to contact me there, I need probably some advices.

[​IMG]

As you can see, I serve Earth Industries Corporation.

That's all about me. Have a nice day!

2. neoonoma

neoonoma User

There is a wealth of information at "newbies" side of the forum.Also,it is advisable to start on an active server like GA1,GE1,and TR1.

3. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Ok thank you :). I will look some YouTube videos, guides and search the forums if I can take anything out.

4. Sapphire

Sapphire User

So the game is unplayable once again in Global America. However, I've managed to get my first Iris and P.E.T to level 2. With that I also have all the ships that is possible to get from Hourly auction. I have also 6 Flaxes, which is good, because 6th was anyways free Flax (from quest) and it's nice to have anyways as much drones as possible. However, I don't see the 7th Flax worth, so I will only try to get now the Iris drones.

I can't unfortunately show a screenshot, but you do nothing with it anyways, as there's no change obviously and the game is unplayable. :(

5. *WABO and Sapphire like this.
  6. MyBigi

MyBigi User

they said they found the source of problems, lets hope they fix it so ga1 does not lagg that much.

7. Sapphire

Sapphire User

After one month of playing there haven't happened much as I have been a bit inactive, but also farming some credits with promerium. I have considered if I buy premium, as it helps a lot, though considered also rebate as I get some stuff a lot cheaper. I lost my flaxes, so I needed to re-buy them. However, I have 4 Iris drones and that was for this moment the last thing I bought with Uridium. I also used a bit from the 2k extra energy to build Zeta.

Most of the inactivity came up with the Plague event, the Gygerthralls and idiotic Kristallins were too much for me to do quests without help and right now I have no good clan to go to get help (unless somebody provides). The inactivity was just decrease of average playing time, not taking a break or anything.

For now I might focus on leveling up myself, P.E.T and bidding the shields and engines. Not sure if I should buy the Spectral Lancer 3, as they're 15k Uridium each and provides still nice damage to aliens, though if I get enough strong to drive through the Zeta gate during double event, I could get maybe two or three of those SL-3's. I have Spectral Lancer 2, which is only 5 damage below the LF-3, so I think the LF-3 is most likely credit waste at start and there's nothing to say about PvP without good amount of ammo and the LF-4's with drone formations and drone designs. At the end though with Seproms I would do with SL-2 3,944 damage with these configurations to aliens. With LF-3 replaced with those it would be 4,080, so I don't see it's worth to use 10m credits per laser, when you get only +100 damage buff.

You can try to hit me up in game and if you have suggestions of clans that I could join to get some extra help even during the events, it'd be nice. However, I might take some break before summer starts. :p

[​IMG]

8. MyBigi

MyBigi User

Make sure u finish the zeta gate on a sunday with double gg rewards, those extra keys/logfiles will help you a lot.

9. If you start on my server [GE4], I'll give you a hand where-ever possible. It is pretty much a PVP server though, so up to you.

Keep the Leonove definitely, try to find a clan and members in it so you can help eachother earn credits to progress more quickly, complete missions accordingly and... Well, that's it really. You'll learn the game, maps, fighting, prices, lasers/shields as you go along.

Good luck to you sir.

Sapphire, -Tärppi- and *WABO like this.
  10. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Getting bored to the gameplay. Same kind of grinding whole time and it never changes, you need to do this like few weeks to get few thousand Uridium, which is worth nothing. I already gave up and because there's problems too frequently, it's not even worth to buy any in-game thing with money as I would regret it after the game decides to be broken again.

Not so much people either who could help some Credits and/or Uridium, so shooting aliens and getting missions done is too slow. I get in 1 hour about 1,5k Uridium.

If I play with this equipment right now 8 hours per day and 5 days in a row, that makes 40 hours. In 40 hours I can get about 60k Uridium. Not counted any gates or quests used for this and assuming that the game works and I have a peace to shoot.

So what are you now crying over there? I've ran out of motivation. The gameplay is not fun at all, once you've explored all the maps, there's nothing to find and you just act like a robot: Go to the base, get a quest, do it, repeat and if you get popped during these things many times, it just decreases the motivation. And there's not so much competition either, you can get all the stuff with the money and only thing which is real competition is PvP, which actually does not benefit at all than that you get reputation of good player, fighter or something else. However, it benefits by helping yourself to survive from the attackers, but the base thing is to get a bunch of UFE with you and go fight against someone else, still minimum requirement needs to be like Semi-UFE and hope for that you don't get locked too often.

Conclusion: Boring game. I thank you for the 158 hours I used to this game with ending up not even full Iris but with P.E.T and 23k Uridium in the bank. At the start it was fun, but what more I actually played, the more my motivation started to decrease. Also I know this is pretty much useless to complain as I can't give any ideas how to improve this game, I have no idea what would bring me back and attract me again.

However, being here in forums is kinda nice. :p

Eightball likes this.
  11. Sapphire

Sapphire User

What now?
    TL;DR at the end.
    I was sure 22nd of June that I will not touch this game anymore. You know, the start is always a bit challenging, but after I heard these US servers were fixed, I was like why not trying the game again. The backpage were faster this time, there was a huge improvement in the performance and got even the compensation of the downtime, even it didn't harm my playing than in the beginning by being broken every second day.

Those Uridiums and keys helped me a lot. Those keys, gave me very useful stuff overall, thanks for that. 5 keys, and this stuff was collected:

Date
    Action
    01.08.2017 - 17:06Used an Apocalypse Booty Key.
    01.08.2017 - 17:05Extra energy for galaxy gates received (79)
    01.08.2017 - 17:04187 log-disks collected.
    01.08.2017 - 17:04Used an Apocalypse Booty Key.
    01.08.2017 - 17:00Used an Apocalypse Booty Key.
    01.08.2017 - 17:00Received item: Drill Formation
    01.08.2017 - 16:56Used an Apocalypse Booty Key.
    01.08.2017 - 16:56Received item: Ocean Spectrum Drone Design
    01.08.2017 - 16:53Used an Apocalypse Booty Key.
    01.08.2017 - 16:53Received item: Seprom (100)

Drill Formation saved 150k Uridium from me. Of course I hoped after that the Ring formation also, but got log-disks, which were also useful. I got five pilot points, which leaves me with total of 6 now. So that obviously increased my motivation, of course I faced bugged bonus boxes after that (was on the map and said Collecting Already if tried to collect), but overall the servers work now.

I am also a bit excited about the standalone DarkOrbit client which obviously is now under development with the server merge thingy, because hopefully, it means that bots are removed (which we all probably know only for short period of time), there's less bugs (because Flash does not exist) and we get rid of the FPS lock, allowing computers perform even better. I really hope I don't get disappointed about what if server merge fails or the standalone is absolute garbage.

So, for now I have came back to play this game, even though it still hurts my soul I can't play so much due to enemies. I reached the lvl 13 and another round of Skylab is under upgrade right now, changed from less active clan to more active(?) clan and hopefully will continue. :)

TL;DR I am back (who cares).

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  12. MyBigi

MyBigi User

Tha free drill formation will be good for alien farming :D

Sapphire likes this.
  13. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Here's happy MMO Expert Moth owner. Yes, changed to MMO and not sure if I regret it or not in the future. Level 15 I got faster tho, lost 1 Iris and got it back, so potentially it could be 5th one. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Drone Repair CPU 2
    This CPU automatically repairs your drones when they have received the maximum damage upon ship destruction, as long as you have enough Uridium or Credits (depends on the drone type). Good for 32 repairs.

I recommend having this CPU installed on BOTH configurations. I say this from experience :)

Twice I have lost 8 iris's.. First time was before upgrades, second time when they where all level 16... What happens is we get all busy fighting and loose track of our drone damage and before ya know it POP! Yep I'm a slow learner :confused:

Yes, twice I nearly threw in the towel and left the game, but heck I've been on the game since the beginning so leaving was not really an option for this pilot. I enjoy it too much, but the cost was extreme when you think about it.​

You can win this CPU in trade these days for 3- 5 million credits peace o cake. As long as it is installed on BOTH configurations you will never loose the drone(s).

Congratulations on your progression in the game, it is good to see :D

Love your Sig!! How I get one?

-FT

**Success is never Final & Failure is never Fatal**

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Yea I had the cpu but it ran out of the uses, so that's why I lost it and now I have another. Though, it doesn't cost even 100k, both of mine is actually 10k each.

What comes to my signature, I can try to make yourself one, as it's hand made with Photoshop. I actually have saved the project so I just edit the stuff. Or if you're handy with Photoshop, I can pass the project for you so you can make it like yours. :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  16. Photo Shop? What's that :confused: lol

-FT

17. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Image manipulation tool.

Anyways, made the first Zeta and the last wave twice as it didn't worked as intended.

[​IMG]
    EDIT: Received also 5th Iris and Kamikaze 3.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  18. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Got the FE (not really, I miss 4 G3N-7900), now the progression will go to the UFE side.

• Remaining Engines
    • Diamond Formation
    • Rest Havocs and hopefully Apis and Zeus with the keys from Zetas.

[​IMG]

19. I must say, I really admire you. Even when struggling with the game and giving up for a brief amount of time you bounced straight back into it.

A problem with this game is that at the start it does feel very repetitive with the missions on the "lower" maps. And the distance to travel can be very boring as well.

I'm happy to add you on Discord/Skype if you got any questions or just want to know something faster than waiting here on the forum.

----------------------

As for your achievements they are very reasonable and I think it won't take you all that long, doing Zeta gate is very important so you best start practicing.

Enjoy your gaming experience.

20. Sapphire

Sapphire User

Yea, I agree, but when I heard the servers were working better I decided to try out and a time when I felt really unmotivated, @`°ƒµll·†Ħгô††lє°´ said to check out what is wrong in the attitude, so I started feel stronger after enemy popped me out to gather the revenge when I am UFE lol. My Discord is Sapphire#5375. =))

Anyways, I started on new server (US West) where I also play and this is how warm welcome I already got.

[​IMG]
    See you on the maps.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017