[SC] Are MCC’s an exploit, if so shouldn’t they be banned?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by willi_101, Apr 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. willi_101

willi_101 User

DO keep banging on about people how people using exploits will be banned and that they are effectively cheating the game. There are many ways that MCC’s exploit the game, so why aren’t they banned and the players using them banned as well?

Perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge can explain how MCC’s aren’t exploiting the game?

2. To start off I am not defending them but I am explaining WHY it is not an exploit!

The MCC, in theory, are players who are friends and have come together from whatever Company they were associated with. In theory, they are NOT using any Third Party Software (we know better). They will hunt together using the Company Map Players to find the targets to kill (not an exploit just not right) then assist to kill it after someone else gets the Red Lock (again not an exploit just the way D O is set up). They have the Top Rank Positions of ALL Companies in their Clan, strictly because they are the most active players as they are the only ones who coordinate their play time to their advantage (again not an exploit, just the way we all used to play).

Just so you know MCC's have been here longer than I have been aware of D O (2011), but since we have lost so many of the populations on the servers they have become the DOMINANT force in the game. The server merge is a time that can be used to foil these players, IF D O wants to, or it can be the time the populous take the game back from these BULLIES. D O can MERGE all accounts, except the MCC's from the servers they decide to combine into one, then they can choose one of the empty servers to be the Merge server for the MCC's and place all of the TOP RANKED players (and their Clan) in this server, thus returning the game back to what it was supposed to be to begin with. Again, MCC is not the problem, lack of players to fight them off IS. Not ALL MCC's are Bullies and some are there just to assist each other in PvE fights and never hunt in a pack using all 3 companies players (usually 2 enemies in the 3rd company), which again is not an exploit to the game as it is the standard of the game.

3. Odin®

Odin® User

Also HelpMeHelpYou DO created this avenue as the 4th Option in the creation of a clans affiliation when DO allowed/created a 4th coding for [All] company affiliation. This is the Birthplace of the MCC as you call it 'Theory' into a 3 faction game wars/naps/alliances PVP/PVE MMO/VRU/EIC ... You and I know well enough it does not take the creation of an alleged MCC/ALL faction CLAN to play this game . There are many current discussions on the topic of exploitation. All in all I was asked in a survey what rating is this particular game rating , I rated DarkOrbit Reloaded as a 76.2% game approval in ratings .

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  4. phft do you live in the real world, they get one of their clan from an enemy company to shoot you , then they all shoot you, you got no chance. this game has become a botters paradise, and dark orbit sit back and let them take over the game,
    when a spearhead can pop 2 ufe goliaths theres something drastically wrong.

_oversoulpaul_ likes this.
  5. I've often thought that the MCC would be the down fall of this game. Well it's close but not "THE" down fall. This shared boosters in outfit across companies is by far worse than MCC.

MCC should not be allowed simple as that! Go back and "Read" about the games origins. Three companies battling over control. If a damn clan is so important to you to be a part of then you should "Change" companies to be part of it.

Big Point has made many errors during the course of this game but the MCC and Shared boosters across companies while in outfit is by far the worst two errors I think.

Oh well, what ya gonna do about it eh.. Kill em all I say!!

-FT

Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom

6. _-Brute-_

_-Brute-_ User

well ya mccs keep everybody from doing any events and below is copied from there tos so ya thats a exploit to me when all the mcc members share boosters to keep anybody from doing events

Bigpoint reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and terminate the account of any individual at any time and for any reason including, but not limited to: (a) violation of these Terms of Service; (b) disrupting the play of any Game or acting in an unsportsmanlike manner;

7. willi_101

willi_101 User

Hi Help

Thanks for you’re your comments but an exploit does not necessarily meed the use of code or other external means, it simply means not using the gamer as it was intended to be used to give an unfair advantage. There have been many examples of where an exploit has been used that does not require the use of external coding or programming influence. I think the latest honour exploit was an example of this, but I am not sure what or how this worked.

Under Section 9 of the T and C’s - 9 TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT item (b) disrupting the play of any Game or acting in an unsportsmanlike manner, surely the way some current MCC’s are operating should be considered as an unsportsmanlike manner. Should this not constitute an account ban? Also as you have said in your reply, some MCC’s are not operating within the intent of the game, again isn’t this operating in an unsportsmanlike manner

8. Odin®

Odin® User

granted ... but by International Law the sequestering of monetary funds can be construed as an illegal act since any suggested reward is vague and ambiguous without resolve. The complacency beholding to the Creator/s are binding in a court of Law including the Owners and share-holders . Years of alleged upcoming resolutions and upgrading have yet to be resolved and the Owners and Developers as well as any personnel from any country involved in this particular site or any site that may employ any member being farmed for any purpose shall be the under scrutiny

9. UNSPORTSMANLIKE MANNER is not an exploit!!! It is a game play style and I stated I DO NOT SUPPORT MCC's, HOWEVER, they are NOT an exploit either. YES they have taken advantage of the fact that D O could care less about how many people PLAY their game, but again this is D O's doing not the MCC. On US West back in 2011 we had a MCC (not recognized as such then) that had the same named (minor difference ".") in all the companies in one clan who tried to raise heck wherever they went. The reason they were not a problem (as I stated earlier) was the populous of the server stepped up and killed them more than they killed us.

The addition of the LF-4 and Upgrade System allowed the MCC to RULE the Servers and caused a lot of the players who would fight them to quit as they had been playing as a Top Rank Pilot for so long, only needing to buy Ammo and Boosters to keep their status then with the NEW equipment and Galaxy Gates they were threatened and lost their position and as they thought they had spent enough on this game left after seeing they were again the weak against this new top rank people. Again not an exploit but an allowed progression of the game because of the greed that has become D O.

I also never said the Botters were an exploit they are cheaters. Exploited things are items that D O has added to the game because they do not test their updates to the best of the players abilities and they find GLITCHES to exploit. The biggest Known Exploit was the Kuiper Gate, we reported that a Ship Reward dropped every time we completed the gate (during the TEST) which was ignored until they made Uridium Billionaires and decided they had upset the Game Economy, so now it does not drop them often enough to even be worth doing that Gate. Yes the Honor Glitch is an exploit, but again is not MCC.

Assuming many of the posters here are in a clan, all that would be required is to have all members of your clan and all affiliated (NAP, Alliance) get on the maps and take the fight to these BULLIES and as seen in another post in "MCC what to do" a solo Pilot is taking out 2-3 before the Demaner is leaving the map and as such they lose the benefits of the ammo they expended in that map. But instead of doing like the previous generation of D O Pilots you ask D O to change what was here before you joined the game. I have made several observations on what should be done with the way they have decided to allow them to control the server and the only one that will give you what you want is the merge of the MCC's to ONE server which is not populated by anyone except MCC Bullies. The 4th company is not going to change anything as they will still control the server. The current Server Merge is going to put the MCC's from however many servers they combine into one server and they will NAP each other and become a humongous group of players who will control every map, event, CBS, and not allow a single NON NAP Player to enjoy the game and thus kill the game to a single server with all of these players in it anyway.

10. Dark Orbit aka Big Point created this problem, driving away many long time players.

On my server I see a few who return to see how the game is progressing but after a few weeks and finding they get smoked by one player dealing impossible damage with incredible shields toss their arms in the air and decide "the hell with this".

They use to be excellent players/fighters and don't realize that, that one player (enemy) is in an outfit of 8 all with shared boosters and this is why that (enemy) can hit so hard even though that player is the ONLY enemy on the map. These who have returned where spenders but now they're not even players. Well done Big Point keep driving them away with your poor choices.

I am a solo fighter, have been for a few years now and generally choose my battles well. I take 'em out one at a time and truly enjoy getting into some 2 & 3 v1's if their not sharing boosters.

Dark Orbit created this problem, they should fix it simple as that. Do not hold your breath waiting though.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Do the right thing "Team" rid this game of MCC and more importantly "Shared boosters across companies".

-FT

Only those who will risk going to far.. will find out how far they can go

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  11. Takarof™

Takarof™ User

Shared boosters only applies if all outfit members are in the same map. Otherwise it doesn't work...

12. Takarof™

Takarof™ User

Or perhaps the 2 'UFE's' simply suck at PvP...i mean you must be if you're getting killed by a spearhead.

13. That's exactly my point.

Example: Map 1-7.. there are 7 MMO players and one EIC. This EIC player now has shared boosters from 7 others including their own. Cruises the map killing all the MMO players it can find having superior damage and shields because of the shared boosters they getting from the other MMO in the map.

How is this even fare? It isn't simple as that. Dark Orbit created this situation and it should be fixed!

Discontinue shared boosters across companies! This would be a good start. MCC's next.

-FT

Ideas shape the course of history

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  14. I agree with this. The OLD Shared Boosters were set properly, but because the MCC control the PURSE Strings in D O they were upset they were letting their targets know they were within range of them and made a request to have them changed to what we have now. Basically, someone on the TEAM is directing D O to a single server with only MCC (Pay 2 Play) players who just want to chase Rank Points by doing Galaxy Gates on Sundays, when they get double rewards, running the illegal scripts during the week to collect the EE and Uridium and NPC kills to avoid the reduction of the Bonus Box awards (Box for 2 hours, NPC kill for 2 hours and repeat 24/2, login twice before and after midnight Server Time for the daily bonuses and repeat till 25th day and then only login on Sunday or to build gates) or OWNING EVENTS like Demaner or Hitac.

_oversoulpaul_ and Odin® like this.
  15. I've said this hundreds of times before.

Multi Company Clans have been in this game since the beginning, so they aren't "exploiting" anything because its an actual feature made from Darkorbit.

They were even the most active clans at one point in early Darkorbit and quite frankly they still are.

I can understand the whole "dominating events" part but sometimes the people who usually complain about this reason are those who aren't even in a clan, so you're expecting yourself to be a one man team and completely dominate a team event like Pirate Hunt by yourself even though that is highly unrealistic and almost impossible.

You probably still won't listen to this because for some reason people think multi company clans have killed off the game and are responsible for everything wrong in your life despite hard evidence and fact that they tend to have the most active players and they've been around since the beginning of Darkorbit.

16. Odin®

Odin® User

I myself daily check Rankings in order to keep up with the "Jones" so to speak . I had noticed a New Clan Tag and all of a sudden I see it is Red /War Tag and it was being worn by a same company member so I checked my diplomacy page and don't see any new wars . What I did discover is that an old war [ about to expire ] that this particular clan changed it's name and clan description. Now this clan is MCC which I am not going to name but the clan description is directed at an issue concerning the use of Shared Boosters and CBS across company players,clans and maps... Description as follows.I could use an image source but the wording I did not wish to alter/crop ....
    Clan Description as follows:

[5 bases up on fridays, watch for primtime friday / saturday and get after hades right away at midnight saturday night. If you are willing to watch bases one of the nights, and want to benefit from 50% ep and honor, send an app. You can return to your clan on monday ;) IMPORTANT*** YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE EP, HONOR, DMG BO2 (no exceptions piss off)]

My question now is , does the CBS [5] of them provide a total 50% to EP - Hon - and Damage increase proportionately across maps and players when in group/outfit while doing lets say The Hades Gate ? also what if my ship already has a 10% damage plus my damage boosters provide me a 25% boost . I have a 35% damage there plus the 50% CBS . To me this looks like I would have an 85% damage increase ( +/- ) Isn't the combination of the CBS and shared boosters kind of like pushing an exploit there.... ?
    What if you purchased a 50% Honor Booster / 24 hr. the combinations are endless ... What about ship warping in the middle of a fight lets say to the Surgeon ....?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018

17. I used to prefer solo hunting back in the older days as well. In my opinion, solo hunting is dead. The change of outfit boosters was one of the long list of in my opinion- bad changes. Now, I don't shoot noob players with lesser equipment then me, I just don't feel like that is fun. I prefer to hunt big players that are at least on par with me in equipment. With that being said, it's a difficult task in the current darkorbit for several reasons:

Slow mines, Ice rockets, infection ammo, ring formation, etc...

Honestly I liked slow mines, I find them to be balanced. On the other hand, ice rockets, pure rng, and infection ammo that slows you down (and the cpu to remove it has a cd) are very unbalanced.

Now, I have completely quit solo hunting, and only hunt with my group of friends.

18. I will answer a few of your questions. 5 CBS with level 16 honor/ep module on each will provide 50% honor and ep. The damage module on a CBS only work for that map. The max damage you can get is 10% from a CBS, they do not stack like the honor and ep modules across all maps.

It's not an exploit. It was intended to work that way.

Odin® likes this.
  19. There is kind of a thread for this already, but I will explain for the most part why mcc clans are more inbalanced now then they used to be.

1. The game has a much smaller population now. Explanation- in the older days, when you hunted with your mcc clan (with a max outfit of 5, and only receiving boosters if they are close to you) you could easily become trapped between the ports (might have 10 ships on each side shooting u the second u jump over). Therefore, it was challenging to play as an mcc clan. There was not CBS yet. The only upside at that time was being able to shoot any player without taking negative honor, but as I said..you were at a disadvantage to big clans that were all one company (if you hunted in there maps) Also, when citadel came out- it drew fire from your own clan when they were mcc) I do not think MCC were a problem yet.

2. Fast forward to the new and current Darkorbit. Population is small, there is very little chance you would ever be stuck at ports as a mcc player. As a MCC, all of the highest ranked players can gather in one clan, to set up bases prior to double gate day, to spam hades. If you are not in lets say one of the top 3 clans on your server, you are at a SIGNIFICANT disadvantage as a rank player. They will dominate every event, they will always have the max boosters available, the reason they are mcc is to allow everyone to own all of the high ranks, (each general etc may all be in 1 clan).

Back then there weren't group gates. You had to grind a b y for rank solo. MCC only affected events such as spaceball, etc.

I am in a small mcc clan. We are not rank orientated. We are only 6. We just want to have more targets to shoot. Sometimes big players leave their clan to do event or bot, etc. We want to always be able to shoot them without taking negative honor.

But, take a look at the top 3 clans. No one outside of those 3 clans (all mcc) stand any chance at competing in rank, or events.
    It does not matter how good you are. Because the damage from full outfits are too high now. If you are not among the top clans, or allied with them, you will get decimated in every event.

20. I don't play well with others, still a solo hunter :cool:

-FT

The best way out is always through