[SC] Are MCC’s an exploit, if so shouldn’t they be banned?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by willi_101, Apr 7, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. steviray

steviray User

EXPLOIT (v) : 1) * make full use of and derive benefit from * use of (situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way

The present situation BY DEFINITION is an exploit and a violation of term of service.

▼Iron_Mongrel▼ likes this.
  2. test020

test020 User

i can tell you it's not, and by it's definition (wich is vague on purpose) it's still not an exploit.

it's not a flaw in the system that can be repeated multiple times for self gain in a individual way, the most known exploit is the seprom one, wich allows *you* to send millions and millions of seprom to your skylab, while your allowed amount is 9000...

while the clan system allows without need to cause flaws doing steps in order to send alliance request to other company clans, you could do so back in the days but the clan leader would get a error message telling them the clan wich sent the request is not from the same company, because it's within the system's designed limit.

yap all you want for the definition of exploit. it's not, and it won't be until the system's rules are changed.

3. steviray

steviray User

technical lawyerin i see, whether the flaw/weakness is narrow in perspective due to an error in the coding or the weakness or flaw is due to a lack of forsight/concern for the evolution of the game. A flaw is a flaw. This manner of play breaks the spirit of the game. I will grant you one point MCC clans are within the spirit of the game. The scope of exploitation centers on these: where these ships would suffer honor losses and penalties; these players sidestep the honor system of game. There is the big arrow to point it out.

4. As described in ToS.
    9 TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT...Bracket b.

Bigpoint reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and terminate the account of any individual at any time and for any reason including, but not limited to: (a) violation of these Terms of Service; (b) disrupting the play of any Game or acting in an unsportsmanlike manner; (c) failure to pay fees in a timely manner; or (d) failure to log on to an account for more than four (4) weeks. If you believe your account has been terminated in error contact Bigpoint via http://us.bigpoint.com/support/. Bigpoint reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Game, Premium Feature, Website, or any Bigpoint offering and its related services (in whole or in part) with or without notice. You agree that Bigpoint shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of a Game, Premium Service, Website or any Bigpoint offering.

5. steviray

steviray User

"Bigpoint reserves the right in its sole discretion". That sums up the discussion. lol. I try to be fair and see things from their perspective, they have to keep the lights on. Here is one viewpoint that bigpoint must consider. If something isnt done they will turn control of their entire market over to the hands of a small group of players on each server. When a group makes a game unplayable then noone plays. When there are no oppurtunities there isn't any sense in playing.Their market stagnates withers and eventually dies. [ edit : because the only players that succeed are the ones that snuggle up to these wargangs, the game must decide the success or failure of a player not the favor of a clique.] Something MUST be done period. The simplest solution is an expansion of the honor system that takes into consideration MCC participation. Which I am not opposed to. If a pilot wants to go rogue let him. Dont let em carry company color, dont let em carry an ounce of honor, dont allow them any company perks that may come from events and such, strip them of everything down to the leo map boost. Treat them like outlaws and smurf that ship.

I like the direction the game is going, more strategic, a little more balancing.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  6. steviray , You play from GA2 right?

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  7. MyBigi

MyBigi User

Just group up and fight those mcc's, they are on the Top because they have very good team coordination.
    Can just overwhelm them with more ships, or with better teamplay. The better clan wins, and if they win, they kinda deserve to dominate everything.

8. steviray

steviray User

mybigi of course thats the natural reaction and I agree, the disparity ( FE ~ UFE - drones ~ UBER ) in firepower requires a 2 to one ship ratio and they are still likely to die. Noob go practice some more. LMAO. Unless your solo/group can waste a cube in reasonable seconds dont think about it. Engine up, hit and run, fly flack for the guy that can get the kill.

Yes bigman i flew GA2, im flying over on west now, its been a number of years since i flew those skies.