[SC] Bots and Cheats ... archive

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ASTRAEA, Jan 3, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play the song '7 days a week' non stop they are in the maps except sundays when they use the app for hades.

Im seeing such amazing ranks lately. Nothing being done. Ships bolt for port when you get near them you will find them in drill killing aliens all day long. DO will do not a thing. I have seen top accounts doing it and top accounts protecting the accounts they are building by botting to sell online to fund their hobby.

Meanwhile Respawn just banned the hell out of cheaters on Apex legends. The forums are hilarious crying about HWID banning and that they only used it 3 or 4 days and were banned.

2. Cheating and botting are different.. cheating is typically much more obvious, especially in a game such as apex. Endless headshots, limitless speed? Then you have same company shooting me down because my circles are “too good” or “I don’t shoot back when I get shot” like yeah I been playing this game for years and I’m not wasting ammo in a fight I’m not ready for or not in the mood for. Sometimes I’d rather just take the L and keep farming than get invested in a fight with someone who will ultimately run to their clan/group to 5v1 me.

And then there’s the fact that this game is over a decade old. Apex is months old and released by a VERY well known company, and caters to the popular battle royale genre.

So, not only is it significantly easier to spot “cheating”, they can also afford to do something about it without worrying that the majority of the active player base will disappear, and with it the game.

Personally I don’t mind bots that much - they make pvp quests easy, the players behind them typically are terrible at the game, and it gives the illusion that this game is somewhat alive still. The real issue that actually affects players is MCC, and config/ammo/auto lock tools

3. tibstar

tibstar User

please explain? wat is bot/botting. if i collect boxes for uri/ammo all day cos i need 2 carry on playing this game am i a botter

Orbit_Reloaded likes this.
  4. No you are a botter if you are in a map all day long in drill shooting non-stop. The second a ship comes near you the ship triggers to the port in either ring or wheel. Most roll a ring with enough shields to just make it. Its an easy pattern to spot. Just fly an enemy map. You will barely get them on your screen and off they go. On your own maps they will mechanically blast away at aliens and you cant even lock one before they are popped and gone.

Of course when they vanish from regular maps on sunday using the gate app to roll hades... Well thats not obvious either. 1-2 million rank points in day.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. ΞMPЯΞSS

ΞMPЯΞSS User

that depends on whether you collect boxes by hand ( mouse ) manually or if you have a third party program installed to collect boxes for you . if the latter, then yes, you're a botter. if you play manually at your keyboard, then no, youre not a botter .

oversoulpaul and Orbit_Reloaded like this.
  6. Twotam1

Twotam1 User

Until they get rid of botters and lower the prices on things, both credit and uri, and fix so grind isn't endless, the game will lose players and not gain new ones.

I see it as play for years to be competitive (and spend some $$) or spend load of $$ to get there (I means thousands) now.

It can be a somewhat relaxing game to play but constant popped by UFE, a bazillion pvp quests that I can't do (against mostly UFEs) and the high prices for good stuff makes it hard to be interesting.

And what is the endgame in DO? At some point as with all games, they come to an end.

I've been off and on in this game since 2010. As far as prices, leveling requirements, and the other basics, they haven't changed. I always figured, as in other games, when you level you should get some rewards. But here you just get double the EP to the next level. This is off topic but there you go.

Anyway, I'm still knocking around the maps shootin [removed] and helping UFEs get rank one shoting me.

Enjoy it while it lasts (I suppose).

Last edited by moderator: May 4, 2019
  7. AVIT

AVIT User

im sick offf seeing botters ...so many now its hard to get even a flipping outfit !

[REMOVED] bots are a pain when trying to do missions !

Last edited by moderator: May 3, 2019
  8. Just one thing i can think of and it's not the players fault the company is allowing botters now. And if anyone thinks it's not allowed i laugh at before when they ban players for botting there wasn't anyone on the maps so now they are there cause they are allowed to be.

9. Type-0Z

Type-0Z User

WHAT'S UUUUUP, EVERBODY! I'm back! Absent for like three years and boy, this game sure has not change one bit! Same old Dark Orbit! Just that now there is even more items! More numbers! AND EVEN MORE KA-CHING! Oh boy, it's good to be back! Also like really? Bonus box bot still exist? You know, the Spearhead, cloaked, whizzing around the map, in a damn obvious LOOP! And with a PET and only the PET collecting boxes!

10. vioceofbob

vioceofbob User

I am the voice of thechurchofbob -----I am NOT trying to contact support I just want to Voice my opinion on the bot issue.

Wow now after all this time of letting bot's take over the servers. You now ban people for killing bot's more than 5 times. Conveniently now my ship is banned for pushing buy killing most likely a bot 7 times. I have been banned for 14 days and - 30% EP and honn. I though this type of ban was reserved for pushers with much more kills than what I may have done. Who did I make MAD I have been silent for month's ( as I was requested to ) till now.

Why bother to have kill quest with 1 k to 10 k kills in them or a PVP game if you can not kill people? Fact is game play today you could get killed 10 times while defending a base of your map alone never mind if you play all day like these bot's do. If you are going to allow bots even for a small period of time as a DEV recently told me. Then you should not punish people for killing a bot.

Most likely the bot in question was what I call a money ship. A ship a older player sets up to sell and make money. As well as some even to some are to just set up other players like myself. So there main ship can advance in Rank or to get there enemy's out of the picture by reporting them.

I have worked hard, contributed much to the game, I have been a loyal player and customer for many years. How truly unfair I loose 50+ bill EP and over 1 bill hon for no reason. I did not even get that much for the kills as there a diminishing rewards evn on rewards i am sure after some time.

Any way and even if you give the same punishment to the other player they of course did not loose even close to what I did, fact is most likely they did not even have altogether before the ban what I will loose from the ban. Now how unfair of a punishment is that?.

Please don't tell me all that work I have done over the years is for nothing. Now I am not even sure that I have control of the account I guess I will find out for sure after the 14 days is up.

Why do some get banned and then come right back with no deductions or even some get a compensation package? I have been going back and forth with support and very little and vague response. I can ONLY hope someone, at some point, will look into this, see I was done wrong ( may be a mistake? ) and do the right thing and restore my account.

Please have a look at my old post (posted by thechurchofbob ) on pushing, apply it to this bot Issue and re-open the post and conciser it as what should be done about pushing today with all the Bot's. In the old post I point out how you get diminishing rewards till you get no rewards and point out some good reasons why not to ban someone for killing a bot.

I also hope some day you can combat these bots so you an attract some new blood into the game and then I am sure you will make a lot more money and have a fun, successful game.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  11. AVIT

AVIT User

the terms and conditions state that using illegal software is not allowed .!
    when we agree to play we are signing a contract that will not do that .

The way i see it is that not only are the botters breaking the contract ,Bigpoint are also by not doing anything about people breaking that contract . .

12. I think it boils down to one thing, if BP want's players to be able to compete with players who put money into the game they have to make everything easier to accomplish this includes more uri more premium rewards and i am not talking only top 3 players on the server that wins event's but everyone. Bring back the event's where a whole company wins something also top clans not just 1 or 2 or 3 players this is unfair to others that play the same event and to the smaller player they put everything they have into it and come out with almost nothing in the end.
    Who know's it might benefit Bp to sell these boosters but also make them really worth it get everyone into purchasing them cause they couldn't afford not to. Just my opinion

13. Here is how bad its got like preaching to the choir here.
    I am in pirates working on the mega marathon quests watching these Bot things run zip and zap everywhere.
    I have to declare war after war as people in my own company try to kill me .
    Why,,what have I done to them lol.
    They outfit with the bots ,,they see the bot die and stuck at port getting slammed.
    They then come to the bots rescue in force.
    Orbit needs to at least make same company war kills count for PvP quests like the 10k one I am currently on.

14. AVIT

AVIT User

game is unskillful with people using illegal software ,it also is counter productive to allow them to do it .

some say they will not ban then because they have prem and rebate .. if that is the case the game has no future ..as they will get bored of botting and just play another game eventually .

15. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

Most of them either sleep or play other games while their bots are running.

Personally I'm over hearing these zombie players boasting about making a million + Uri a week, while they do other things.

16. On GA2 even if I would find a MOD in chat they would threaten to ban me for even mentioning this.
    Last few days some of the bots have been stuck on 5-2 base.
    They twitch about in little circles trying to get out.
    1 alone is funny but seeing 2 or 3 doing it at the the same time is hilarious but sad.

17. vioceofbob

vioceofbob User

Senseless to post here they just will keep deleting your post as all my post on the subject are gone. Your right if you say bot in chat your gone you kill a bot more than once you get banned most likely the reason I got a ban for and lost 58 bill EP and 1.2 bill hon. Shoot you post in the bots and cheats section in the forum here and you get a warning to stop your post like I did. I will even probably get banned again for voicing my opinion now. So the moral of the story is there is bots we all know it even the admins know it even if they will not admit it openly (but many admins and MOD's have admitted it in privet to me and a dev I shall not name said to a lot of us people in teampseak that they were doing nothing on the matter till they have a downloadable client ) and we all know no one is going to do a thing about them BOT's except to ban you for pointing it out or ban you for killing the bot. So it is just better for us all to deal with it if you want to keep playing !!!!

Orbit_Reloaded and Type-0Z like this.
  18. Sgt~Ocker

Sgt~Ocker User

I really must congratulate the staff and volunteers at DarkOrbit - It took a while but i am now convinced, the proliferation of botters and the freedom to do their thing they currently enjoy is purely to test honest players resolve and dedication to the game.

Mine has reached its limit - I bust my hump all week grinding missions (the 100 missions really pay poor rewards), buying URI to do gates - Only to lose any headway (rank) I may gain overnight to botters.

DO make it clear there are no other objectives to the game (25% free EP for a week LOL, another nice boost for the 24/7 botters). With the prospect of never being able to compete with the multitude of zombies who inhabit servers and pretty much all new content designed for the top players and bots (BL maps have become over run with Zombies) to further dominate everything DO - What's left for the average "honest' player to work for, grind endless boring repetative mission for, spend hard earned money for?

I'm not quitting - I'm just not trying anymore. No more missions, no more spending money.

19. Type-0Z

Type-0Z User

An enemy veteran is at X-2 and he's killing it, stay there for hours! Log out log in, still there.

Waited at the gate for him to leave but he is not going anywhere. Then I notice something weird going on with a friendly veteran, that player, keep disappearing, keep spawning at the gate, keep staying there for a well and then went off. I thought he PvP and keep losing?? To find out, I follow him, then vanish just like that.

Anyway, back to the enemy veteran, well nothing happen and no one else cares. I find this weird too, so I track another friendly and he is on my mini-map for a very long time. What gives? What happen to the killing spree? Then I went around the map collecting boxes...

You know how it goes, enemy cloaked with his Pet Singularity don't give a damn did not jump I shoot didn't get shot and popped... Classic.

20. So here is a disgusting tale this morning.
    I logged on before work just a few minutes . I immediately went into a swarm of enemy MCC clan nonsense like a shark
    at a buffet. I then get this guy or gal whispering to me that if I dont stop killing their clan I will get in trouble with support lol.
    They was such arrogance in complete outfit with bots and this person was by the way I read it in charge of monitoring the bots.
    I sent the info to support but it wont help. I got 8 enemy MCC clan members afk bot killing running things for everyone and one joker that is actually there threatening me I will get banned while in outfit with 6-8 bots monitoring their progress.
    A CM was there but instead of warning the player they warned me of spamming kill posts..Please people get with it and punish the bots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.