[SC] Censorship on Turkish forum

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Miscozra[Türk], Dec 18, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I posted a message on event feedback thread and a Turkish moderator censored it. There is a translation of my message below.

"I smoked before posted a message for get relax. I have even no word to tell you. If you bring a coder from India, he will do it better than current DarkOrbit team. Why test server is exist? Do the guys which is in Germany, park their ships on the portal and drinking beer? The event has started almost 1 hour ago on my server and nobody could not enter the event map. Shame on you. We jump into the map and we must refresh the page about 80 times to see own ship."

They censored "cigaret" and "beer" words. This is awful. I want to complain them. Where I can complain them?

Here is my original message on Turkish forum:

[​IMG]

FreddyKrueger and pecanin like this.
  2. To be honest you should be glad not to be banned... just don't be so agressive with your posts..

3. tonka-toy

tonka-toy User

being very very critical in an agressive manner will get you no were , tryin asking without insulting them

4. I live in the United States, but if I'm correct, I know that Turkey has fairly strict censorship laws; maybe they censored such words to comply with certain laws?

5. Kyro

Kyro User

Probably Turkish support, since it relates to the Turkish forum/mods. >.>

Though if don't understand the reason for censoring, probably a good idea to ask for an explanation first instead... so the private "Chat" area on Turkish forum* or if prefer could probably just contact Turkish support. (since it relates to Turkish moderation not English)

If there was no mistake and aren't satisfied with the explanation/reason, well probably would be hard to change how they moderate lol. Though "smoking/drinking beer" is technically an adult theme/topic, which those kind of themes can be a no go - so personally not surprised, if that's at least part of the reason.

*At least Turkish forum seems to have that "Chat" area, but dunno if they allow enquiry into moderation actions there or if have to contact support.

6. This isn't a point which I'm talking about. They didn't delete my post even my message was so agressive, they just censored some words on my message.

If there is a cigarette or alcohol scene in a television series or film, they will blurring it. Also, all kind of profanities will be censored. This is done to prevent incentive. But you are free to write cigarette, beer, alchol etc. on the internet platforms. It's not forbidden.
    They told me these are addictive things. Therefore, it is not appropriate to use these things as a profile picture, user name, or to include these words in the message you are writing. In particular, I think that today, while access to many harmful content has become easier, we need to be careful about protecting children and I ask you to pay attention to this issue.

I don't agree with that. For example, getting drugs is forbidden in my country. So, if we choose a nickname like marijuana , they can change my user name because it's forbidden by laws. But smoking cigarettes or drinking beer is not forbidden. So I don't get the point. If they want to protect the children, the forum is not a place where children will get education.

I don't want to send a message to Turkish support because I don't trust them.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  7. Bigpoint is a German Company, and if you know anything about German history and censorship . . .

8. Unfortunately, it seems like it's part of the company's policy to censor such words on those forums.

9. bobmyself

bobmyself User

Man, this place is just full of quality content.

10. EvilHotDog

EvilHotDog User

Closing. Please contact your Turkish moderators on the Turkish Forum or through their Support Chain.
    We can not help your here. ALso this is an English Speaking Server only.

Thanks

EHD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.